hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Watering hole for buses on cup final day

Hi Guys,

I've just booked my bus into a pub on the East side of Hampden (1.5miles from the ground) from 11:15 on cup final day - the Brazenhead Bar. Manager of the pub (Shamus) said that so far mine is the only bus booked in there and if another 3 or 4 wanted then they have space. If anyone is looking for somewhere to go before the match for a refreshment then give me a shout and I'll pass you on contact details for the place. They are child friendly as well. It's an Irish bar and they won't be letting jambo's in on the day. I have no association with the pub and gain nothing from advertising the fact they have spaces - just thought it might be useful to anyone looking for somewhere to kick off the day.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Its a hell hole if its the one in The Gorbals!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does it sell alcohol ?

If you can stomach all the Celtic memorabilia its not that bad, we were in after the Semi & locals were friendly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    If you can stomach all the Celtic memorabilia its not that bad, we were in after the Semi & locals were friendly enough.
    Definately this place, it was a celtic supporting mate that suggested it - good news is they hate the jambos nearly as much as us!

you do seem to have a real serious problem with Glasgow.any idea where people could go for a few beers? unless they have the same issues

What problem have i got with it? I can think of a multitude of pubs through there that are vastly superior to that place.

I didnae have any problem with the city last Saturday after spending time in numerous watering holes pre/post semi final.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 22-04-2012 at 11:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've just booked my bus into a pub on the East side of Hampden (1.5miles from the ground) from 11:15 on cup final day - the Brazenhead Bar. Manager of the pub (Shamus) said that so far mine is the only bus booked in there and if another 3 or 4 wanted then they have space. If anyone is looking for somewhere to go before the match for a refreshment then give me a shout and I'll pass you on contact details for the place. They are child friendly as well. It's an Irish bar and they won't be letting jambo's in on the day. I have no association with the pub and gain nothing from advertising the fact they have spaces - just thought it might be useful to anyone looking for somewhere to kick off the day.

Ta, can you send me details for our bus?

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Ta, can you send me details for our bus?
    You have a PM

:pfgwa

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The Brazenhead is horrible, horrible pub. Disgusting Celtic and republican memorabilia cover the walls, including some very dubious pro-IRA stuff when I was last in, which was a good few years ago thankfully. It is also nearer the Hearts end and NOT to the East of Hampden.

I was in it after we lost the semi to Aberdeen a few years ago and was basically hounded out because I didn’t join their IRA love in. Avoid like the plague is my advice!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    So what decent boozers are there around Hampden. One near our side that's decent and does not feel like a wolftones concert.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    We're booked into the Kings Park Hotel, anyone been there before?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rgu13a

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofarl View Post
    So what decent boozers are there around Hampden. One near our side that's decent and does not feel like a wolftones concert.
    http://www.belhavenpubs.co.uk/index..../-/get_pub/109

Montford is right behind the Hibs end and has a large funtion suite upstairs. Might be fully booked but worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    The Brazenhead is horrible, horrible pub. Disgusting Celtic and republican memorabilia cover the walls, including some very dubious pro-IRA stuff when I was last in, which was a good few years ago thankfully. It is also nearer the Hearts end and NOT to the East of Hampden.

I was in it after we lost the semi to Aberdeen a few years ago and was basically hounded out because I didn’t join their IRA love in. Avoid like the plague is my advice!
    It was suggested to me by a Celtic fan but the fact that its close to the ground and will be packed with Hibs fans on the day is much more important to me than what they have on their walls.
    To be fair to them, the manager of the place was really friendly and was keen to accomodate us. Im sure once the Hibs songs start it‘ll have a good atmosphere inside

Montford is right behind the Hibs end and has a large funtion suite upstairs. Might be fully booked but worth a try.
    The Beechwood is just along the road from there, may also be worth phoning as it was mobbed b4 the semi, a fair few tables outside though.

Not so, its a straight forward walk to our end of Hampden, in fact if walking back to City Centre post-match from Aitkenhead Rd you will most likely pass it, and you'll do so long before you encounter any opposition supporters. not a in any way a lover of Celtic memorabilia, but as I say if you can stomach that its ok. As for Republican memorabilia, didn't notice anything any more offensive than a copy of the proclamaition of an Irish Republic framed on the wall.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Thanks johnny

hi guys,

i've just booked my bus into a pub on the east side of hampden (1.5miles from the ground) from 11:15 on cup final day - the brazenhead bar. Manager of the pub (shamus) said that so far mine is the only bus booked in there and if another 3 or 4 wanted then they have space. If anyone is looking for somewhere to go before the match for a refreshment then give me a shout and i'll pass you on contact details for the place. They are child friendly as well. It's an irish bar and they won't be letting jambo's in on the day. I have no association with the pub and gain nothing from advertising the fact they have spaces - just thought it might be useful to anyone looking for somewhere to kick off the day.
    my bus booked into same place i spoke to sheamus see you there. Bert

ggtth

First Team Regular

ggtth
    If yous are lucky they will even arrange for Gary Og to come in for a sing song

Aye fully booked

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Aye fully booked
    Our 72 seater is booked into the kings park hotel. We were the only bus booked there as of the weekend. the cancelled a hearts bus for the hibbies. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Our 72 seater is booked into the kings park hotel. We were the only bus booked there as of the weekend. the cancelled a hearts bus for the hibbies. Lol
    I'm booked in somewhere but ta anyway

ggtth
    Nice 1 mate. I'll look forward to it! I bet my bus can sing louder than your bus LoL

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Steal my stories why don't you ;-)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?blln20

we are also booked in and its now full i think(82 seater)bring it on

Left by mutual consent!
    I live in southside of Glasgow.

On the Brazen Head, not been in it but it is not really at our end of stadium I would say it is on main route Hearts fans may walk up but there will be Hibs as well.

Pubs near hand for Hibbies -

Beechwood

International

Montford

Picture house

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 26-04-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Talking

Hi Guys,

We're booked into Pandora's in Victoria Road (20 mins from the ground). Holds around 500 folk so lots of space. Child friendly and will hopefully be getting lots of Hibs' tunes on the 'turntable' as well as kicking off a karaoke sesh or two !!

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    I live in southside of Glasgow.

On the Brazen Head, not been in it but it is not really at our end of stadium I would say it is on main route Hearts fans may walk up but there will be Hibs as well.

Pubs near hand for Hibbies -

Beechwood

International

Montford

Picture house

Hope this helps
    Picture House is full - we tried there earlier this week.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TamHibs View Post
    We're booked into the Kings Park Hotel, anyone been there before?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rgu13a
    Was in there for a couple of beers before the semi. Was in a wee lounge bar as there was only five of us. We were there as guests of a couple of residents. They obviously have a function hall as it does weddings etc. Bit pricey for a round but if your used to Edinburgh prices it wont come as such a shock.

Our bus is booked into a bowling club that we have used before. Cheap drink and they supply us with free pies and beans. :-)

A lot of the Freaks buses are booked into the Southside of The Weedge, Giffnock and the likes.
    Last edited by James Connolly; 26-04-2012 at 05:56 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    There's around 10 of us going through together- we may be getting on a bus- if not we'll be looking to get booked in somewhere near Hampden. any bowling clubs etc or pubs that anyone would recommend as near to Hampden as possible.