hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kilmarnock post-match views / player ratings (merged)

Im being generous with some of the ratings because of what I thought was an excellent first half display. The second half was disappointing, but there was no way.we deserved to lose that game. The midfield was much improved but still needs a creative force able to link with the strikers.

Brown 7 Nothing to do, distribution very good.

Kujabi 4 Disappointing. Regularly skinned by his man.
    Hanlon 8 The improvement continues. Even his passing was good.
    McPake 8 The usual.
    Doherty 7

Claros 8 His best performance yet, would have been 9 but for the penalty challenge. His range of passing was exquisite.
    Stevenson 8 Wonderful first half, kept chasing in the second.
    Osborne 4 Poor.
    Sproule 5

Garry 6 linked up well with Griffiths prior to the injury.
    Griffiths 8 The usual.

O'Donovan did some good things when he came on, Doyle was average, Spoony was appalling.

2. Log in to remove the advert

How you can give Claros anything above 2 is beyond me, he is laiability, the only worse person on the park was the ref.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Brown 6 - didn't have anything to do

Doherty 7 - solid at the back and got forward quite a bit
    Hanlon 8 - solid
    McPake 9 - another great game
    Kujabi 6 - no glaring mistakes but it drives me insane how much space he leaves between himself and his man

Sproule 6 - better on the right, some excellent balls into the box from him and worked hard defensively too
    Claros 7 - would have been higher if he didn't give away the penalty! Penalty aside I thought that was his best game since he arrived
    Osbourne 6 - he fascinates me, he strolls about the pitch like he can't be bothered but then in the next breath he's making great tackles and excellent passes
    Stevenson 8 - superb on the left, faded in the 2nd but they all did

O'Connor 8 - linked up well with Griffiths, worked hard, always chasing etc, hope his injury isn't too bad!
    Griffiths 7 - not sure he deserved MOM but he worked hard, unlucky not to score in 1st half

Blog Entries

Just back from Match

Thought we played well enough first half but did not convert the numerous chances we had, or make full use of the pressure.

Claros was having his best match until the penalty, making some good challenges, keeping the ball and playing some defence splitting balls.

Second half we were pretty poor - like a different team, with a real lack of urgency. Maybe the celebrations of last weekend catching up with a few.

Biggest concern is the lack of depth, with no ability to change the game from the bench. Why we don't have Caldwell to cover for Gary - we never won a header up front after he went off.

Ivan & Kujabi off the pace - McPake had his poorest match giving it away on the ground half a dozen times.

Ref...likes to be centre of attention a bit too much, and had a fistfull of poor decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How you can give Claros anything above 2 is beyond me, he is laiability, the only worse person on the park was the ref.
    I must admit, 8's are given out far too readily on these threads and nobody was that good today. However Claros showed some lovely touches today. Your comments are ridiculous IMO.
    I thought Griffiths and Stevenson were decent too but the truth is we just don't have any chance when we go behind to a half decent team. If we really did have guys putting in genuine 8/10 performances we'd be ok, but bar McPake I don't really think we have anyone else who can go that extra mile when we're in a hole.

Claros was dreadful. Let him go at the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Youve already said this on another thread,
    Last edited by HNA6; 22-04-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: No need

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Claros was my man of the match for Hibs. Opinions eh.

A midfielder who cannot place a pass is a liabiliy, lovely touches do not win games a midfielder who can read the game and push forward is what I thought we had in Claros,but not a hope.
    Last edited by Hibs7; 22-04-2012 at 05:15 PM.

They had one shot at goal in the whole game-the penalty.We had at least 15 corners but lacked a cool head upfront.

I believe this is your crack pipe, my good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Claros was my man of the match for Hibs. Opinions eh.

I thought it was by far his best game for us since he arrived, penalty aside that is!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Youve already said this on another thread,
    . We are all entitled to our opinion, I was there were you.?
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 22-04-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: personal abuse

I think thats harsh IMO, I thought he played quite well.

A midfielder who cannot place a pass is a liabiliy, lovely touches do not win games a midfielder who can.read the game and push forward is what I thought we had I Claros,but not a hope.
    You do realise he was the wee guy wearing number 8 who was the only player capable of switching the play but was constantly let down by the inability of other players to control his passes-a prime example being when he opened up the wing for Griffiths who promptly fell over the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Brown 6 - didn't have anything to do

Doherty 7 - solid at the back and got forward quite a bit
    Hanlon 8 - solid
    McPake 9 - another great game
    Kujabi 6 - no glaring mistakes but it drives me insane how much space he leaves between himself and his man

Sproule 6 - better on the right, some excellent balls into the box from him and worked hard defensively too
    Claros 7 - would have been higher if he didn't give away the penalty! Penalty aside I thought that was his best game since he arrived
    Osbourne 6 - he fascinates me, he strolls about the pitch like he can't be bothered but then in the next breath he's making great tackles and excellent passes
    Stevenson 8 - superb on the left, faded in the 2nd but they all did

O'Connor 8 - linked up well with Griffiths, worked hard, always chasing etc, hope his injury isn't too bad!
    Griffiths 7 - not sure he deserved MOM but he worked hard, unlucky not to score in 1st half
    I couldn't make the game today, therefore the "Player Ratings" thread is invaluable reading for me.

Just checking that I have read this correctly - you gave ALL ELEVEN of the team who started pass marks (and 7 of the 10 outfield players a mark of 7 or above!)

We must have played really well and the signs must be good for the big match on the 19th of May - bring it on !

One instance and a pass I could have made. Bread and butter stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post

I thought it was by far his best game for us since he arrived, penalty aside that is!
    Completely disagree. What did he contribute today? Our midfield is worringly inept.

One instance and a pass I could have made. Bread and butter stuff.
    Nonsense.

He did well today, sprayed the ball about well.

First Team Breakthrough N.Wales Hibby's Avatar
    Listened to the match on the radio so cannot comment on players performances..One small thing that puzzles me, why does Griffiths take the corners?. Would he not be better in and around the box.

Quote Originally Posted by ShanksSaidNo View Post
    Completely disagree. What did he contribute today? Our midfield is worringly inept.
    At last someone else that can see he is not an improvement, John Rankin is better than Claros.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    I couldn't make the game today, therefore the "Player Ratings" thread is invaluable reading for me.

Just checking that I have read this correctly - you gave ALL ELEVEN of the team who started pass marks (and 7 of the 10 outfield players a mark of 7 or above!)

We must have played really well and the signs must be good for the big match on the 19th of May - bring it on !

I didn't think we played too badly today, the first half we played some great flowing football (mainly down to O'Connor and Griffiths it has to be said) we fell away in the 2nd half, sat too deep etc, but we certainly didn't deserve to lose the game, IMO of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus Hibby View Post
    Listened to the match on the radio so cannot comment on players performances..One small thing that puzzles me, why does Griffiths take the corners?. Would he not be better in and around the box.
    Yes.

Blog Entries
    Brown 6 - Hardly given any kind of work out - not a save to make
    Doherty 7 - Good solid performance and range of passing. Would help if the player in front of him combined better
    Hanlon 8 - Good match winning every ariel ball and some goo play out from back, covered others
    McPake 6 - Winning the ball in the air but poor passing at times losing the ball
    Kujabi 5 - Was getting a bit of a roasting at times second half and not as much going forward as we have come to expect
    Sproule 5 - Went backwards from last couple of games, not making byeline when on right foot and gave the ball away at times when we were comitted forward
    Claros 8 - His best game since he arrived. He is technically way above rest of players. 3 of his threaded balls through the defence should have lead to goals. Broke up Killies play often and kept ball in tight situations. No idea what he was thinking at penalty though.
    Osbourne 6 - Could have scored first couple of minutes if he had been a few inches more of a stretch at front post. Some good tackles and passes, but drifted in and out of game. Got lost in the wierd system after Spoony came on
    Stevenson 8 - Effort craft and playing for the shirt - what we have come to expect.
    O'Connor 7 - Looked a bit sharper first half and actually winning more balls in the air and linking up play. Poorer second before going off
    Griffths 7 - Good play and link up first half and worked the keeper couple of times. Still needs to not let decisions / attitude affect his game (if i was on another teams coaching I would set out to niggle him and get him sucked into a spat)

Spoony 3 - we had little width with Ivan on the pitch and even less when he came on. Odd system that management need to take responsibility for
    O'Donovan 3- Did not win a header (we never adapted system after Gary went off and never gave him chance to use pace) and was not able to influenec match at all.
    Doyle 2 - not on long but no effect.

Ref 2 - Very very poor. Odd decision for both teams and broke the play up better than the players with un-needed whistling, while letting blatant fouls go.

PF - While Garrys substitution was forced, it was concerning that we could not capitalise on a good first half and came out second like a damp squib. Subs and changes to formation were poor. If the bench player are not good enough / or the decisions & formations were wong choice...either way it needs fixing fast...

I really wonder if you guys watch the game in an unbiased view, the midfield are crap apart from Lewis, if that is what we go into next season with, then PF is not the manager I thought he was.

We lost to a team already on holiday, did Pat forget to remind the players we could still be relegated?
    The first half we were no better than okay. The 2nd was laughable did we have a serious effort on goal in that half? 15 corners and 15 poor or average deliveries only Griffiths looks like he could something. As soon as we went a goal down it was game over.

Brown 6 Nothing to do so wont mark him down.

Kujabi 5 stuck to his task but not good.
    Hanlon 7 very little to do but he did do was good.
    McPake 6 Looks slow, little to do but did okay.
    Doherty 7 at least showed some urgency which was lacking throughout the team

Claros 6 A few decent passes,a terrible tackle never seems to have a positive impact in anygame.
    Stevenson 6 Our best midfielder a decent player but still not good enough.
    Osborne 4 Poor.
    Sproule 5

Garry 4 Burly and slow.
    Griffiths 7 Good display and looked as if he could score but needs to improve his delivery at corners.

O'Donovan 4 below average
    Spoony no time
    Doyle no time

Left by mutual consent!
    Brown 6

Doherty 6
    McPake 7
    Hanlon 6
    Kujabi 6

Sproule 6
    Claros 8
    Osbourne 6
    Stevenson 5

Griffiths 7
    O'Connor 4

O'Donovan 2
    Doyle 1
    Wotherspoon 0

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Brown 6 - Nothing to do

Kujabi 6 - Still not sure about him defensively
    McPake 8 - Solid
    Hanlon 7 - Done well
    Docherty 6 - Quiet?

Stevenson 8 - Good show today
    Claros 7.5 - Thought he done really well, minus .5 for the penalty
    Ozzy 7 - Thought he done well too
    Sproule 6 - Didn't offer too much, a couple of good crosses.

Griffiths 8 - Ran his socks off, made chances, will have to see his 'dive' again
    GO'C 7 - Improvement, but still needs to do better IMO

Ref - Garbage. However, I think he called the penalty right.

I thought we done really well in the 1st half and were extremely unlucky to go in a goal down. Then just not enough fight to break down Killie in the second half.
    Mon the Hibs.

Claros was so far off the pace of the game it wasn't true. Between him and ozzy we had a slow, laborious and tired midfield. The penalty was given away because Claros couldn't get to the point of the ball quick enough for the umpteenth time.

Give Claros time and space and I have no doubt he can pick a pass but put him under pressure and he can't hack it and he's a total liability off the ball not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Brown 6 - Nothing to do

Kujabi 6 - Still not sure about him defensively
    McPake 8 - Solid
    Hanlon 7 - Done well
    Docherty 6 - Quiet?

Stevenson 8 - Good show today
    Claros 7.5 - Thought he done really well, minus .5 for the penalty
    Ozzy 7 - Thought he done well too
    Sproule 6 - Didn't offer too much, a couple of good crosses.

Griffiths 8 - Ran his socks off, made chances, will have to see his 'dive' again
    GO'C 7 - Improvement, but still needs to do better IMO

Ref - Garbage. However, I think he called the penalty right.

I thought we done really well in the 1st half and were extremely unlucky to go in a goal down. Then just not enough fight to break down Killie in the second half.

I thought we got beat 1 - 0 looking at your scores you would think we had a comfy win