hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Biggest home support of the season today.

With all the moaning about cup final tickets, will we be looking at our biggest home support of the season today?

No didn't think so

2. Log in to remove the advert

People are so excited about today's game there isn't even a Matchday Thread yet.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With all the moaning about cup final tickets, will we be looking at our biggest home support of the season today?

No didn't think so
    correct

but tae be fair they'll be preparing themselves for their day out at the final.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Should be a bumper crowd, what with the cup final to look forward to, the free bairns tickets today and relegation still to avoid. I certainly hope so.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    There is no reason for it not to be. But I'm sure it will be slightly above our average. At least I'd bloody well hope so. If we are sub 10k today then all of you who could have went but never bothered, I hope Karma bites you in the ass and you are left ticketless come 19th May.

Consequently if you are not on then Database today is the best chance to go to the game and buy a ticket and vastly increase your chance when there is a general sale. There will be one. I heard a rumour that both teams might receive a extra 1 or 2k seats depending on debentures.

Wonder if that idiot who was moaning in the een yesterday will be at the game.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    But if going to the game today, doesn't gurauntee you a cup final ticket, whats the point in going?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think it probably will be our biggest home game of the season, I certainly know of a few folk that don't normally go that are coming today.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    But if going to the game today, doesn't gurauntee you a cup final ticket, whats the point in going?
    Hibs have today announced that a further final ticket will be made available to all non ST holders who attend todays game.

Every time someone who has been whining about not being guaranteed a cup ticket doesn't go to a home game, God kills a kitten.

If nothing else, think of the ****ing kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Hibs have today announced that a further final ticket will be made available to all non ST holders who attend todays game.
    You forgot to add that a cup final ticket will be guaranteed if you take your semi final ticket stub to the ticket office today.

Hopefully a decent hibs support today to get right behind the team, not just today but right the way up till the final, giving them a great send off to Hampden! Lets give them a great reception today and show how proud we are of them and that we are right behind them!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    You forgot to add that a cup final ticket will be guaranteed if you take your semi final ticket stub to the ticket office today.
    Ah yes but that's an awkward one as Hibs have insisted that only those who have joined the queue at Ticket office window number 1 by 12.45pm will actually be guaranteed.

You mean we're playing today?
    I thought our next game was May 19th!

Was all set to head through today until the cup final announcement and doubt I'll be at any other games this season (other than the final).
    Reason being I'm trying to scrape together as much money as I can for a ST for next year.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    8877 att. Assume the away support was almost non existent but not the bumper crowd expected. Silly that it was on a Sunday though.

Can any member of the SPL brain-trust explain why the game was on a Sunday? Didn't see it live on TV anywhere.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    Can any member of the SPL brain-trust explain why the game was on a Sunday? Didn't see it live on TV anywhere.
    Hearts v rangers yesterday

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Considering the number of fans appearing from nowhere this week the crowd was poor today.

Have fans really appeared from nowhere or have Hibs made an announcement that there will be no public sale of Cup Final tickets?

I think it was probably the latter
    Last edited by joe breezy; 22-04-2012 at 04:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Have fans really appeared from nowhere or have Hibs made an announcement that there will be no public sale of Cup Final tickets?

I think it was probably the latter
    Yep, it was Hibs fault that the crowd was p*** poor.

Definitely the fans that are looking to sponge cup final tickets are flawless.

Where were the 14,000 that were at Hampden last week?

They can't all have been that busy that they couldn't have came along to try and keep us in the league.

Still they all deserve cup final tickets eh!!!!!

I would have went if I was in Edinburgh, but I'm not

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ffny2e

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

They can't all have been that busy that they couldn't have came along to try and keep us in the league.

Spot on, all of a sudden the I patg all season folk can't be arsed now the bread and butter games are back. It's amazing the amount of people who claim to support us cant be arsed coming to ER. I feel sorry for the genuine fans who will miss out because of the day out at hampden folk.

I would have been there but my son plays on a Sunday so we couldn't make it. Not very chuffed that he was left on the bench the whole game

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Piss poor crowd today considering the scramble expected for cup final tickets. Hope all 8700 that went today get a tic for Hampden....Hibs fans where in decent voice (listened to game on bbc). Delighted i never wasted £200 odd quid on flights coming up. Our home form is disgusting. Not sure what went wrong today but by what i heard on radio it was down to our piss poor midfield. Defence looks decent and strikeforce seems starved of supply.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    I would have been there but my son plays on a Sunday so we couldn't make it. Not very chuffed that he was left on the bench the whole game
    Dangermouse, I am not singleing out individuals, neither you nor Joe Breezy are directly in my line of fire.

What I am saying (and I feel strongly about ) is that surely some people that don't normally attend and are looking for cup final tickets could have attended.

I actually wish that Hibs handed out vouchers to paying customers in the three home sides today guaranteeing them a ticket for the final.

If Hibs had announced they were going to do this then I have no doubt the crowd would have been double what it was.

Dangermouse, I am not singleing out individuals, neither you nor Joe Breezy are directly in my line of fire.

What I am saying (and I feel strongly about ) is that surely some people that don't normally attend and are looking for cup final tickets could have attended.

I actually wish that Hibs handed out vouchers to paying customers in the three home sides today guaranteeing them a ticket for the final.

If Hibs had announced they were going to do this then I have no doubt the crowd would have been double what it was.
    Spot on. Puts a lot of the whining about tickets this week into perspective.

Coaching Staff
    This is why any current ST holder needs looking after and anyone who renewed should have been given a seat on the board.

Free tickets for kids today. Another favourite much requested move and we are still barely beating 8,000.

There should be no more complaints about ticket allocations!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmmm, get a ticket for a once in a lifetime game compared to watching a turgid performance in a bland, empty ER where we have only won once this season.

I have a season ticket but can't really say I blame them for not turning up, it's a struggle to force myself along to watch it.

Some people will only turn up if there is some real quality to watch or the chance of an amazing acheivement happening. Petrie knows this hence the inducements for next years season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Hmmm, get a ticket for a once in a lifetime game compared to watching a turgid performance in a bland, empty ER where we have only won once this season.

I have a season ticket but can't really say I blame them for not turning up, it's a struggle to force myself along to watch it.

Some people will only turn up if there is some real quality to watch or the chance of an amazing acheivement happening. Petrie knows this hence the inducements for next years season tickets.
    I dont buy the "we are gash, so Im not going" line....It's the same "gash" team in the Final.......Some have no concept what "supporting" your team through thick and thin means.....We were in a massive match today, and even with the incentive of free tickets to under 16's, it was still a pretty pitiful crowd IMO
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull