hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

SC Final Hibs tickets on Ebay, Gumtree, etc (merged)

Admins feel free to merge with other ticket threads, but I thought this may be a separate topic for discussion

A Season Ticket holder has put their 2nd ticket up for auction on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIBS-VS-HE...item3cc5505271

Maybe they don't know any Hibbies who might appreciate a ticket at face value

2. Log in to remove the advert

All tickets should be going at face value, not people trying to make a profit.

Hope the seller is proud of themselves..... I can see a few silly bids though.

I know the seller from a while back. An old face and a pure coincidence. What a stupid thing to do and pretty shameless.

I'll name and shame her if she doesn't pull it.

I'd rather an independent Hibby made a bit of cash than some 'hospitality' company...

Have a feeling that by buying a debenture type thing none of my money will go to Hibs...but that's what it looks like I'll be getting at the moment

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure the club will not accept this and do something about it. They have the right and the power to request the removal of the ticket. The seller might well find themselves in soapy bubble too...

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know the seller from a while back. An old face and a pure coincidence. What a stupid thing to do and pretty shameless.

Absolutely shocking, ill bet she has friends desperate for a ticket..

Yeah eBay is not the place for football tickets anymore - she'd be better on gumtree or Craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Yeah eBay is not the place for football tickets anymore - she'd be better on gumtree or Craigslist
    So that's where you go to auction off tickets for higher than their face value. Tickets that you haven't even got yet.

Cheers.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Well, I hope the club do something about it. I am on the point of giving up the idea of coming over from Brazil for the final, due to not being guaranteed a ticket, and I am one of many many die-hard overseas fans who either won't be coming back coz we can't get a ticket, or are coming back anyway even without the guarantee of one.

There's also plenty of folks in Scotland/UK who, despite not being season ticket holders, for one reason or another, could lay bloody good claims to being deserving of a ticket for the final and here's some trollop trying to pocket a bit of cash to the highest bidder for one. I hope she gets exactly what she deserves...

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    What if a Neanderthal bids and wins?

Not helping the Hibernian case then, is she.

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    What if a Neanderthal bids and wins?

Not helping the Hibernian case then, is she.
    Well hope they both get a slap then,

So that's where you go to auction off tickets for higher than their face value. Tickets that you haven't even got yet.

Cheers.
    I don't but if you want to go to see a premiership club in London it happens all the time...

I would never sell a Hibs ticket for a profit but I'm not that offended by it either

First Team Breakthrough northgreen24's Avatar
    can of worms I know but I dont really have a problem with this TBH. I know football itself is different to say a concert or show but this happens all the time. Now I have no extra ticket by the way but have done this in the passed for a comedy ticket as i only needed two but got priority and took as much as I could (this then funded my tickets). I am sure there was people who missed out and morally I suppose is wrong but companies make extra money all the time on tickets (hibs hearts only got 40K where is the other 12K sure some of them go to non derby fans)

is this worse than a season ticket holder taking his 2 tickets and taking a wife/mate who has never been to a game ?

Just my opinion of course
    Last edited by northgreen24; 22-04-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Is it just me, or is the worst aspect of this sorry tale not the fact that she's going out with a Jambo, according to the item description?! :-)

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm in for 10k god i hope i win, but i have a feeling i might just miss out on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I'd rather an independent Hibby made a bit of cash than some 'hospitality' company...

Have a feeling that by buying a debenture type thing none of my money will go to Hibs...but that's what it looks like I'll be getting at the moment
    You'd be happy for her to make a bit of cash by selling a Hibs ticket to a Yam?

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    Disgraceful!!!!!! If you don't need the ticket, simple, don't take two from the allocation. I'm entitled to six by using me and my two boys season tickets and that's me and my mates who go every week home and away covered. The thought of cashing in whilst so many good hibs fans could have the ticket disgusts me. Defo no place for this and whilst I know it's the way of the world now to cash in on anything you can, not this. That ticket should be left for public sale or given at face value. She should offer it to someone on hibs.net. I really hope she re-thinks.

First Team Breakthrough Harpandcastle's Avatar

I would alert someone at Hibs to who she is, as she is entitled to 2 there is probably not much they can do however I would still bring it to their attention. As you say it's pretty shameless and if one person scores out it then others are bound to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Hills View Post
    Is it just me, or is the worst aspect of this sorry tale not the fact that she's going out with a Jambo, according to the item description?! :-)
    I will refrain from commenting on this aspect! We all knew that there was a certainty that this would happen. Does this person not read the papers or indeed this forum? There are thousands of supporters desperate to get their hands on tickets! Im all for free enterprise and all that but this is the Scottish Cup Final with only 20k tickets and this person is selling this ticket on a public media board and anyone and i mean ANYONE can bid and get the ticket EVEN a Jambo!!!!
    Crowd control is going to be difficult enough at this game. Emotions will run very high! I for one do not want one of them beside me!
    Look after our own, there are many disappointed people who would pay over the odds for a ticket and they are HIBEES supporters.
    Doesnt she realise that the club can trace her, her season and put a stop on her getting this ticket for sale on ebay!!

This really takes the crap out of the HIBERNIAN family ethic!
    Get a grip and pull this advert if you dont need the ticket get on here and offer a real supporter a chance to be part of history.
    So disappointed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    I will refrain from commenting on this aspect! We all knew that there was a certainty that this would happen. Does this person not read the papers or indeed this forum? There are thousands of supporters desperate to get their hands on tickets! Im all for free enterprise and all that but this is the Scottish Cup Final with only 20k tickets and this person is selling this ticket on a public media board and anyone and i mean ANYONE can bid and get the ticket EVEN a Jambo!!!!
    Crowd control is going to be difficult enough at this game. Emotions will run very high! I for one do not want one of them beside me!
    Look after our own, there are many disappointed people who would pay over the odds for a ticket and they are HIBEES supporters.
    Doesnt she realise that the club can trace her, her season and put a stop on her getting this ticket for sale on ebay!!

This really takes the crap out of the HIBERNIAN family ethic!
    Get a grip and pull this advert if you dont need the ticket get on here and offer a real supporter a chance to be part of history.
    So disappointed!!!!
    Only if they bid over 10k

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    You'd be happy for her to make a bit of cash by selling a Hibs ticket to a Yam?
    I didn't see the bit in the ad that says will sell to Hearts fans only

I'd rather she ensured the buyer was a Hibbie do guess the best way to do that is to sell to someone you know for face value

Gamer IDs

Was willing to pay over the odds as its a game you could never miss,but £10 k,+ has blown me out of the water,n I'm not selling my new BMW ,
    Not being a season ticket holder (due to my geographical location)anymore,it is my only option,unless some kind hibs netter sees pity on me ,grovell

Quote Originally Posted by gorgie greens View Post
    Was willing to pay over the odds as its a game you could never miss,but £10 k,+ has blown me out of the water,n I'm not selling my new BMW ,
    Not being a season ticket holder (due to my geographical location)anymore,it is my only option,unless some kind hibs netter sees pity on me ,grovell
    Come on, are you a hibby or not? We should be doing our utmost to try and get this person as much as possible, get the car sold and start bidding. I'm sure if someone wants this ticket, we can reach the £1m mark by the end of the day.

Gamer IDs

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Come on, are you a hibby or not? We should be doing our utmost to try and get this person as much as possible, get the car sold and start bidding. I'm sure if someone wants this ticket, we can reach the £1m mark by the end of the day.
    Only got the car on Thursday ,but I'm thinking about it,
    What do I love more

Only got the car on Thursday ,but I'm thinking about it,
    What do I love more
    Come on, ones a clapped out old heap, the other gets you around and to work. You love that clapped out heap, its no contest. start bidding.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpandcastle View Post
    I would alert someone at Hibs to who she is, as she is entitled to 2 there is probably not much they can do however I would still bring it to their attention. As you say it's pretty shameless and if one person scores out it then others are bound to follow.
    Check out some of the other threads since Friday lunchtime and you'll see that a number of others are planning this kind of thing and are also suggesting that they will buy ST's to which they are not entitled to get a ticket for the Final to which they would not be entitled to!

I never ceased to be amazed by the 'dirty tricks' that some people will resort to over things like this!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    No need to sell it mate, I'll swap you a ticket for the car and might even throw in my own used BMW as an added bonus!!

This isnt a ticket for Wimbledon or something like that. This is a ticket for a once in a lifetime opportunity which may never come around again.

I would rather give a spare ticket away to a Hibby than take the chance of a Yam getting their hands on it, even for a thousand quid.

This is disgusting. I hope the club catch this person out and they get no tickets. This could go to anyone who doesn't support Hibs while there are thousands of Hibby's going to miss out. If she doesn't need the 2nd ticket for a hibby friend, here's an idea... don't get one! Leave it for someone else, the more folk who do that, the more chance there is of a general sale!

Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    This isnt a ticket for Wimbledon or something like that. This is a ticket for a once in a lifetime opportunity which may never come around again.

I would rather give a spare ticket away to a Hibby than take the chance of a Yam getting their hands on it, even for a thousand quid.

The potential for a Hearts fan buying one of these has changed my mind on this

My position was that if someone can pay over 400 for a season ticket then has a spare that they are happy to sell to me for 60 quid I don't mind at all

But when it's an open auction site that could be used by a Hearts fan then that's no good