hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah sorry mate so do I. I think I misunderstood your reply to the post, I thought you were implying there should be no priority at all.
    Nae probs. Hopefully after it's sorted we'll get tickets mate.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    1 per season ticket, this season.
    1 per new season ticket holder for next season.
    1 per member.
    1 per semi stub, if your on the database that is.
    General sale.
    Nice and easy.

Me? I've got my semi stub, and my Ayr stub if they want that too, I'm on the database, and I make about 10 games a season.
    If I don't get tickets for me and my 13yo lad I'll be absolutely disgusted, especially seeing as I know of at least 5 "glory hunters" of both teams that haven't been to a game for the whole season or seasons and will probably get tickets!
    To be brutally honest, I don't think that you have any right to be 'disgusted' even if, as I suspect, semi stubs count for nothing. It's harsh but if you want to be treated differently from glory hunters, you could have bought a membership (which would have paid for itself without the cup final anyway).

The club seriously cannot win however they prioritise the sales.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoHibby View Post
    Only because you think that might get you a better chance of getting a ticket for yoursefl given that you gave up your ST of eleven years and have no "big match ticket" priority any more!
    Not really mate I thought that when I had a season ticket. As I said just an opinion, didn't realise I wasn't allowed one.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    To be brutally honest, I don't think that you have any right to be 'disgusted' even if, as I suspect, semi stubs count for nothing. It's harsh but if you want to be treated differently from glory hunters, you could have bought a membership (which would have paid for itself without the cup final anyway).

The club seriously cannot win however they prioritise the sales.
    As could a ST holders +1, this is pretty much why I think ST holders should only get one ticket.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    Not really mate I thought that when I had a season ticket. As I said just an opinion, didn't realise I wasn't allowed one.
    My comment is only an opinion too mate strangely enough!

Gamer IDs

My comment is only an opinion too mate strangely enough!
    Fair enough but why the Rolleyes then?

Fair enough but why the Rolleyes then?
    Easy, because my opinion was influenced by an element of boredom by the number of people on here who don't appear to have any priority for tickets for the Final yet seem to think that those ST holders who help fund the playing squad costs for each season should give up something that they are entitled to (with a precedent for it from as recently as the semi final allocation but also previous years in similar situations)!

I'm of course alluding to the suggestion that the regular (and semi final allocation) of 2 priority tickets for 2011/12 ST holders should be reduced to 1 ticket each to allow more people who do not attend regularly now get a ticket for a historic event which is the only reason they want to attend!

Does that help?
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 17-04-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Gamer IDs

Easy, because my opinion was influenced by an element of boredom by the number of people on here who don't appear to have any priority for tickets for the Final yet seem to think that those ST holders who help fund the playing squad costs for each season should give up something that they are entitled to (with a precedent for it from as recently as the semi final allocation but also previous years in similar situations)!

Does that help?
    I dont think anyone has said that ST's shouldnt be guaranteed a ticket before anyone else? Untwist your knickers T.

Gamer IDs

I'm of course alluding to the suggestion that the regular (and semi final allocation) of 2 priority tickets for 2011/12 ST holders should be reduced to 1 ticket each to allow more people who do not attend regularly now get a ticket for a historic event which is the only reason they want to attend!

Does that help?
    You dont need 2 tickets. You personally require 1 ticket for the final, correct? But you're of the opinion that because you have a ST you should get one for you and one for a mate, a mate who obviously isn't a season ticket holder who could quite easily fall into the category I've put in bold above.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    You dont need 2 tickets. You personally require 1 ticket for the final, correct? But you're of the opinion that because you have a ST you should get one for you and one for a mate, a mate who obviously isn't a season ticket holder who could quite easily fall into the category I've put in bold above.
    The '+1' won't necessarily be a mate. It might be someone who lets that ST holder go to the games (financially, babysitting or any other way), it could be a kid or spouse who misses out on family time every time the ST holder goes to a game, it could be a relative who is too old/infirm/whatever to make it to the football much nowadays but would love to see Hibs win the cup.

There's this myth building that, if STs get two tickets, the '+1' doesn't deserve the spare. In a lot of cases, that's wrong (not that, if Hibs do go down the '2 tickets for an ST' route, anyone has a right to judge someone's worthiness for a ticket).

Gamer IDs

Does that help?
    I never said they shouldn't get priority!

Left by mutual consent!
    The '+1' won't necessarily be a mate. It might be someone who lets that ST holder go to the games (financially, babysitting or any other way), it could be a kid or spouse who misses out on family time every time the ST holder goes to a game, it could be a relative who is too old/infirm/whatever to make it to the football much nowadays but would love to see Hibs win the cup.

There's this myth building that, if STs get two tickets, the '+1' doesn't deserve the spare. In a lot of cases, that's wrong (not that, if Hibs do go down the '2 tickets for an ST' route, anyone has a right to judge someone's worthiness for a ticket).
    End of the date outside of the season tick holders, we have struggled to get 2k walk ups. Based on this there will be plenty of ticks.

You could argue the 2k that went to the last derby get first dibs

Gamer IDs

Look Beefster, I clearly don't have a ST (couldnt afford it).....otherwise I'd not be saying a word about the 1 ticket/2 ticket debate.

I'm just saying that season ticket holders rightly get the priority, they should as they pay thier cash up front and they do so for many reason, one of which is ticket priority. Those who dont have a season ticket (or membership) should all be in the same boat.

If Hibs do offer 2 tickets per ST, as I do expect they will, then I'm no going to sit in my house greeting about it. Whats most important is that Hibs win the cup.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

We have had at most 10 thousand home fans this season, mostly less. There will be around 15 thousand fans who dont normally go at hampden, who gets the job of telling them who deserves a ticket and who does not?

Although I will be using both tickets, which is entirely my own affair, you purposely miss the very obvious point that ST holders have been given at least 2 tickets each for every semi final and final that the club has reached in the long time that I have been a ST holder and will be treated similarly for the Final as they were for the semi final just past!

You also choose not to accept and appreciate the reasons why the Hibs Board give that "priority" to ST holders which has been clearly pointed out by a number of posters on this thread and on others since Saturday afternoon.

Whatever you think about any of this is actually irrelevent to the matter in point here as the Board will respect ST holders as they have done for a long number of years now as ST holders cash allows the Board to assemble the squad for the coming season ahead without necessarily having to use debt to do so!

If you choose to continue to ignore this then that is entirely up to you but I wonder what it is that you hope to achieve on here by doing so?!

Left by mutual consent!
    Our initial allocation will be about 21k. We've got about 7.5k Season ticket holders, so 3 tickets each.

Sorted

[QUOTE=easty;3185871]You dont need 2 tickets. You personally require 1 ticket for the final, correct? But you're of the opinion that because you have a ST you should get one for you and one for a mate, a mate who obviously isn't a season ticket holder who could quite easily fall into the category I've put in bold above.[/]

As long as I get 2 you can all fight it out for the rest okaydokay :)

Gamer IDs

Although I will be using both tickets, which is entirely my own affair, you purposely miss the very obvious point that ST holders have been given at least 2 tickets each for every semi final and final that the club has reached in the long time that I have been a ST holder and will be treated similarly for the Final as they were for the semi final just past!

You also choose not to accept and appreciate the reasons why the Hibs Board give that "priority" to ST holders which has been clearly pointed out by a number of posters on this thread and on others since Saturday afternoon.

Whatever you think about any of this is actually irrelevent to the matter in point here as the Board will respect ST holders as they have done for a long number of years now as ST holders cash allows the Board to assemble the squad for the coming season ahead without necessarily having to use debt to do so!

If you choose to continue to ignore this then that is entirely up to you but I wonder what it is that you hope to achieve on here by doing so?!
    Just wondering if you think people who have bought ST for next season should get any?

Gamer IDs

My best mate/dad/brother/uncle/next door neighbour isnt a ST holder, clearly I have self-preservation in mind. I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking I'm against the 2 tickets per ST for any reason other than because it doesn't benefit me personally. But like I've said, if I don't get a ticket then that's life. I'll still be watching and supporting somewhere, and winning the cup is the most important thing.

Just wondering if you think people who have bought ST for next season should get any?
    Well as I've renewed mine a couple of weeks ago that would benefit me too but that will be a matter for the Board to decide during the course of this week!

Looking at it commercially though, I imagine that if someone has already or is prepared to shell out £400 or so to get a ST for next season, the latter group so long as they get a Cup Final ticket as well, then it would make financial sense for the Club to seriously consider allocating one ticket for each 2012/13 ST bought before the end of the priority period that they decide should apply. That would really only involve the Early Bird renewals and any renewed/bought since the Early Bird deadline date!

Gamer IDs

Well as I've renewed mine a couple of weeks ago that would benefit me too but that will be a matter for the Board to decide during the course of this week!

Looking at it commercially though, I imagine that if someone has already or is prepared to shell out £400 or so to get a ST for next season, the latter group so long as they get a Cup Final ticket as well, then it would make financial sense for the Club to seriously consider allocating one ticket for each 2012/13 ST bought before the end of the priority period that they decide should apply. That would really only involve the Early Bird renewals and any renewed/bought since the Early Bird deadline date!
    Interesting point, I'm not sure it should entitle you to a ticket for this seasons Cup games but as I've bought one already, I'll not say no

Season Ticket holders pay their gate money for the season UP FRONT. It's a HUGE commitment from each and every supporter who does so. What else do we pay UP FRONT in advance? Very little.

The return for Season Ticket holders thus far this season has been one home victory since we dug deep in the current economic environment.

The club needs to reward this loyalty by demonstrating real benefits and reward to these season ticket holders by granting two tickets per Season Ticket.

Doing so proves the value of that commitment and rewards it.

A Season Ticket needs to prove itself as of ultimate value to our supporters.

The club can use the balance of allocation for incentives for new season tickets.

But let's not forget that the Scottish Cup Final is this season and it is this seasons (soon to be next seasons!) Season ticket holders who should be rewarded!

I dont think anyone has said that ST's shouldnt be guaranteed a ticket before anyone else? Untwist your knickers T.
    I never mentioned ST's being "guaranteed a ticket", that was you that did that in the post that started this exchange.

My point, and that of several others now, is that ST holders get priority for at least 2 tickets for Hampden games involving Hibs and that is what you didn't like although you have now tempered your thoughts on that!

ps my knickers have never been twisted!

Interesting point, I'm not sure it should entitle you to a ticket for this seasons Cup games but as I've bought one already, I'll not say no
    I didn't say that it should, rather that the Board would decide!

First Team Regular
    I think anyone who went to the semi should get a ticket, purely because we were all in that together.

Amongst the people I went with, I initiated the "let's go to the semi", afterwards I was ****ing buzzing for the final, I would be absolutely gutted if I never got a ticket.

Were 2 tickets allowed for each STH at recent finals and semis ( if this is in fact true ) not just because against Livi and Killie ( and all semis ) were games where we had more than half the tickets ? Did STHs get 2 tickets against Celtic in 2001 ? I very much doubt it . From comments here it sounds like decision to give STHs 2 tickets has already been made and I realise it saves a lot of work in ticket office but hope some consideration is ALSO given to others who have supported club over the years too above all regular walk - up fans . There may be other groups too - ( in no particular order ) shareholders , those who gave money to club before FF stand was built , fans who have contributed to ERIN Trust and other similar plans , overseas fans who have bought Interactive season ticket packages , etc. etc. Maybe in future seasons , STHs would be guaranteed 1 ticket for finals with priority for 2 if they paid extra for cup matches ( present cup top up ) and fans ( STHs or walk up ) should be rewarded for attendance at all rounds ( is attendance at Cowdenbeath less important than at semi this year ? ) . Most important of all , let`s hope we`re having more of these debates in future years as it`ll mean we`re in more semis and finals .

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Season Ticket holders pay their gate money for the season UP FRONT. It's a HUGE commitment from each and every supporter who does so. What else do we pay UP FRONT in advance? Very little.

The return for Season Ticket holders thus far this season has been one home victory since we dug deep in the current economic environment.

The club needs to reward this loyalty by demonstrating real benefits and reward to these season ticket holders by granting two tickets per Season Ticket.

Doing so proves the value of that commitment and rewards it.

A Season Ticket needs to prove itself as of ultimate value to our supporters.

The club can use the balance of allocation for incentives for new season tickets.

But let's not forget that the Scottish Cup Final is this season and it is this seasons (soon to be next seasons!) Season ticket holders who should be rewarded!

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Were 2 tickets allowed for each STH at recent finals and semis ( if this is in fact true ) not just because against Livi and Killie ( and all semis ) were games where we had more than half the tickets ? Did STHs get 2 tickets against Celtic in 2001 ? I very much doubt it . From comments here it sounds like decision to give STHs 2 tickets has already been made and I realise it saves a lot of work in ticket office but hope some consideration is ALSO given to others who have supported club over the years too above all regular walk - up fans . There may be other groups too - ( in no particular order ) shareholders , those who gave money to club before FF stand was built , fans who have contributed to ERIN Trust and other similar plans , overseas fans who have bought Interactive season ticket packages , etc. etc. Maybe in future seasons , STHs would be guaranteed 1 ticket for finals with priority for 2 if they paid extra for cup matches ( present cup top up ) and fans ( STHs or walk up ) should be rewarded for attendance at all rounds ( is attendance at Cowdenbeath less important than at semi this year ? ) . Most important of all , let`s hope we`re having more of these debates in future years as it`ll mean we`re in more semis and finals .
    The final against Livingston I remember filling in a form requesting 8 tickets and I got all 8! The final against Celtic we must have been given at least 2 because I went with 2 non season ticket holders.

The only Hampden game I can remember us only getting 1 ticket for is the Hearts semi final and that was a disaster, the club won't take that chance again imo.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I was in the shop today getting tickets and the staff were openly moaning about the number of "glory hunters" calling expecting to get a ticket because they had once bought a ticket a few years ago and were still on the database, never going to please everyone and no matter how much we discuss it the decision has probably already been made.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I don't know about number of tickets but I do know that since Saturday both me and my laddie (ST Holders) have a lot more friends who support Hibs than we both realised!