hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Official Site: Cup Final Tickets (merged)

Club to confirm details at end of week

More...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    I'm reading into this below as, ST holders will receive two each.

"As with the semi-final, Season Ticket Members will be the focus and priority for ticket sales."

I don't have a problem with that now as my best pals have said that will see me ok ....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

"As with the semi-final, Season Ticket Members will be the focus and priority for ticket sales."

I don't have a problem with that now as my best pals have said that will see me ok ....
    I disagree with it personally and I did even for the past eleven years when I did have a season ticket but hey ho, what can you do!

Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post

You would be hard pressed to read anything into that other than season ticket holders getting priority.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    I disagree with it personally and I did even for the past eleven years when I did have a season ticket but hey ho, what can you do!
    Why?

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    You would be hard pressed to read anything into that other than season ticket holders getting priority.
    I'm relaxed about the whole thing really

I have got a funny wee feeling that 2 per ST will be the news by friday.....

Coaching Staff
    Or you could follow Tom Soares on twitter.....he may give out a prize if he gets to 1000 followers.......I'm a technophobe & twitterphobic, but maybe Mr Soares could be persuaded to put up a couple of tickets if he reaches his goal ;-)

I have a best mate who's a ST holder, a semi final stub and a Membership.
    Come what may re: ticketing arrangements I - along with most folk tbh - will be fine. As long the phone lines are manned and the website's servers are ready that is.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    After initial worry I think I have got all angles covered. If its two per ST have a mate who will see me ok but if its only one then there will definetely be a few thousand going to general sale and quite happy to cue all night for them, remember cueing from midnight/1am for Qos quarter final away tickets wasn't a bad laugh! Hopefully its two per ST to save the hassle of coming down from Aberdeen though! Generally think there will be very few people dissapointed though and the club will make a good few buck out of new STs and merchandise!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Why?
    I just think one season ticket should = 1 priority ticket. Just my Opinion.

To help get people to renew/ buy early they should say -

2012/13 STs get 2 tickets (10k)
    2011/12 STs get 1 ticket (2k)

Then membership (2k)

Then general sale with those buying a ticket for Dunfermline game getting priority.(6/7k)

Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post

Then membership (2k)

Then general sale with those buying a ticket for Dunfermline game getting priority.(6/7k)
    And people who took the time to go to the semi final but don't fall into any of the 1st 3 and because of distance won't be able to fall into the last category??

Cast in with the Johnny come lately's and Glory hunters in the public sale???

I should add that I'm a member, so am not affected. However, I do think that holding a SF stub should - by itself, as long as you can prove you went - be a level of priority above "General Sale"

wait and see

also think folks who went to the semi final should get priority before public sale
    season ticket holders 1
    members 1
    semi final ticket holders 1
    then sale
    simples

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Ah sorry mate so do I. I think I misunderstood your reply to the post, I thought you were implying there should be no priority at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny-55 View Post
    also think folks who went to the semi final should get priority before public sale
    season ticket holders 1
    members 1
    semi final ticket holders 1
    then sale
    simples
    Last edited by The Voice Of Reason; 16-04-2012 at 10:05 PM.

But for us to make money we need to sell tickets in top if the final. We need to shift STs and need an added incentive to do that. Why should the people that invest £405 for next season not get 2? They can then sit beside friends.

I agree that people that went to semi should also be rewarded so maybe have that as a stage after sales to members.

I do think that a good percentage of people at the semi will fall into the ST or membership category.

yes perhaps season holder to get two is prob right
    as long as the semi final fans are rewarded as well any ways should be enough to go around before a public sale

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Only because you think that might get you a better chance of getting a ticket for yoursefl given that you gave up your ST of eleven years and have no "big match ticket" priority any more!

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar

Then membership (2k)

So those with a 2011/12 who have renewed for 2012/13 would get three tickets each under your "plan" then?

Priority should be based on supporting the club when we weren't in the Final and NOT doing something else NOW to secure a ticket when you know that you will get a ticket for the historic FINAL! IMO of course!

All you guys who have no priority due to historic or pre Final qualification pedigree of giving the Club financial support and are frantically now trying to secure some with these various permutations of "who should get how many tickets and why" Final tickets really should just sit tight and wait and see what you get as that is all you can do actually!
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 17-04-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Left by mutual consent!

Then membership (2k)

So people who buy a ST for 12/13 even if they are a new ST holder buying just because they are getting something out of it should get more tickets than those who have paid up this season and suffered some of the worst fitba in living memory, aye right. At the start of a season people who buy ST's do so in the knowledge that they will have priority for any tickets during that current season over anybody, no people who renew or only buy for the next just because they are getting something out of it now.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 17-04-2012 at 08:31 AM.

I wonder if there's any chance of them offering a payment plan option. Say over 9 months instead of 10 so the monthly payment will be slightly higher. It would certainly help shift ST's to people if they know they'll get a final ticket with it.

Even although it doesn't suit our group I hope they go for 1 ticket per ST/Membership as it'll help sell ST's for next season and that's vital to the club.

They've got time on their side so could probably do this without too much difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I wonder if there's any chance of them offering a payment plan option. Say over 9 months instead of 10 so the monthly payment will be slightly higher. It would certainly help shift ST's to people if they know they'll get a final ticket with it.

Even although it doesn't suit our group I hope they go for 1 ticket per ST/Membership as it'll help sell ST's for next season and that's vital to the club.

They've got time on their side so could probably do this without too much difficulty.
    It seems a sensible option if at all possible.

Whilst the club obviously have to try and maximise income on the back of the final and the demand that comes with it, I do wonder just how many season tickets it will help shift without a payment plan. £400 is a lot of money to find mid month, factor in another £30 for your final ticket and that's a pretty big outlay especially around the time when bills for the summer holiday are about to hit the mat etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Was just about to post this, could shift thousands, I would defo go for this option if it guaranteed me and the wee man a final ticket, would have to make some major sacrafices over the next few months to afford it.

I reckon there's a hell of a lot of folk in my boat who can't afford the full whack in one go and can't/won't make the other sacrafices to be able to afford it, they could shift crazy amounts of ST's for next year on the back of this final if they were to go down this route.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    I can never understand this ST holders getting 2 because then they can sit with friends. Do they not sit with friends every week when they are at a home game? If so, how does their friend get a ticket for that?

1 for STs
    1 for members
    1 for shareholders
    general sale.

Nothing against those at the semi but how does everybody prove it?

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Was just about to post this, could shift thousands, I would defo go for this option if it guaranteed me and the wee man a final ticket, would have to make some major sacrafices over the next few months to afford it.

I reckon there's a hell of a lot of folk in my boat who can't afford the full whack in one go and can't/won't make the other sacrafices to be able to afford it, they could shift crazy amounts of ST's for next year on the back of this final if they were to go down this route.
    I think the last sentence is key. As many others have already pointed out, there is NO WAY Petrie will pass up the opportunity to shift LOADS of season tickets for next year on the back of the cup final (and rightly so). I wouldn't be surprised if 2012/13 ST holders get first dibs - and possibly two tickets each - before current ST holders get one each. As has also been pointed out, in light of this, it would not be surprising at all if a new deadline for a payment plan for next season's ST will be introduced. Although I'm a club member (and therefore fairly confident that I'll get a ticket), if the above happens I'll DEFINITELY buy a ST for 2012/13.

'Mon the Cabbage!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    I think the last sentence is key. As many others have already pointed out, there is NO WAY Petrie will pass up the opportunity to shift LOADS of season tickets for next year on the back of the cup final (and rightly so). I wouldn't be surprised if 2012/13 ST holders get first dibs - and possibly two tickets each - before current ST holders get one each. As has also been pointed out, in light of this, it would not be surprising at all if a new deadline for a payment plan for next season's ST will be introduced. Although I'm a club member (and therefore fairly confident that I'll get a ticket), if the above happens I'll DEFINITELY buy a ST for 2012/13.

'Mon the Cabbage!
    If they offer 2 tickets each, folk will go halves on new season tickets so less would be sold.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    I can never understand this ST holders getting 2 because then they can sit with friends. Do they not sit with friends every week when they are at a home game? If so, how does their friend get a ticket for that?

1 for STs
    1 for members
    1 for shareholders
    general sale.

Maybe it's because there's plenty room at ER every week and they turn up and pay at the gate for all these rotten games that no many people wanted tae go tae this season.

What if you have a friend in your group who is there every week but isnae a ST holder?
    Should people who bought a membership half way through the season or new (not renewing) ST holders who may have been naewhere near Easter Road this awful season (and maybe the one before) and are coming out the woodwork now only buying now because they're getting something out of it get a ticket over somebody who has been tae every rotten game this one just because they paid at the gate? If I get two my other will be going tae a mate who's been there at every rotten game this season and who was also at the semi-final.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 17-04-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post

1 for STs
    1 for members
    1 for shareholders
    general sale.

Ticket stub?

Herd a few folk say it might be a free for all - didnae see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmckay View Post
    Herd a few folk say it might be a free for all - didnae see that happening.
    No chance.

That would fly in the face of everything Fyfe said yesterday about the club looking after season ticket holders.