hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Garry O'Connor

Garry O'Connor

A little late in the day, I know, and apologies if already mentioned but thought I'd just stick a post on to praise O'Connor's work ethic yesterday. I've been a critic of him at times this year when he's looked overweight and disinterested, but the reported extra hours certainly seem to have made a big difference. He looked a lot leaner yesterday and worked his nads off, absolutely terrific effort. If it weren't for the class of McPake then he'd have been my MOM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Spot on. He looked much more like the player he was at the beginning of the season, took his goal brilliantly and set up Leigh for the winner with a great through ball. How he plays in the final will have a massive impact on our chances, IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Yup, thought he played well yesterday. He's having a good end to the season, hopefully he'll finish it off with a brilliant cup final performance.

Anyone watched his interview on Hibs TV? Totally up for the fight. It's on the Hibs youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV watch it to the end, don't want to say what he says but made me laugh anyway. Thing is, now he's said it, should we hold him to it?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Thought it was his best game this season, he did fantastically well yesterday. Unexpected given the past few months but delighted to see it

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    When is he up in court?

Would hate to think he will miss the final cos he's banged up.

The judge did admit he was a jambo.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When is he up in court?

STV news site has the trial starting on the 13th May, even though that's a Sunday.
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 15-04-2012 at 07:16 PM.

If he can play like that every week he'd be up there with McPake in terms of players I'd love to see sign on next season.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Spot on. He looked much more like the player he was at the beginning of the season, took his goal brilliantly and set up Leigh for the winner with a great through ball. How he plays in the final will have a massive impact on our chances, IMO.

That's if he is still with us for the final.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Cool

This'll be the trial (he's got two ain't he?) where the JUDGE declared himself a Jambo ST holder?

Case adjourned shirley ?!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    That's if he is still with us for the final.

Yes he will 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    Yup, thought he played well yesterday. He's having a good end to the season, hopefully he'll finish it off with a brilliant cup final performance.

Anyone watched his interview on Hibs TV? Totally up for the fight. It's on the Hibs youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV watch it to the end, don't want to say what he says but made me laugh anyway. Thing is, now he's said it, should we hold him to it?
    Oooer
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    When is he up in court?

What court case is up first, think its the drug one, may be wrong here Scoops but was that not the judge for the fraud case that said he was a yam, i do think that Gaz and his legal team have done a great job getting his cases put back for as long as they have, he could have had these matters dealt with during the season but as you say there is a chance he may find himself in the pokey and had he been jailed through the season it would have been no football all season for him, has he and his legal team tried to get the court cases put of to May in the hope that if he did get jail time it would be done over the football players holiday time or at the end of the season and they didn't count in that Hibs could make a final at the end of May, and if found guilty and got a cheeky wee prison sentence he would be back out in time for for the start of the new season, he will be a free agent after all come the end of May.

It is a worry, as we need him with him starting to hit form again.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    What court case is up first, think its the drug one, may be wrong here Scoops but was that not the judge for the fraud case that said he was a yam, i do think that Gaz and his legal team have done a great job getting his cases put back for as long as they have, he could have had these matters dealt with during the season but as you say there is a chance he may find himself in the pokey and had he been jailed through the season it would have been no football all season for him, has he and his legal team tried to get the court cases put of to May in the hope that if he did get jail time it would be done over the football players holiday time or at the end of the season and they didn't count in that Hibs could make a final at the end of May, and if found guilty and got a cheeky wee prison sentence he would be back out in time for for the start of the new season, he will be a free agent after all come the end of May.

It is a worry, as we need him with him starting to hit form again.
    Wish he was being tried in England. After all, thanks to the legal system down there John Terry can concentrate on his job until they get bumped out of the Euro's
    This is how it feels

Coaching Staff
    Even if convicted, my guess would be a decision of sentence deferred for background reports, with his legal agent arguing his client will qualify for bail as he has an upcoming matter of a cup final which means he won't skip the country ;-)

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Only one word required from the legal team on the drugs case...

Pete Doherty x x
    -

Case dismissed :)

Ps. Appreciate Scots v English legal systems
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.