hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lennon at it AGAIN

On the park at the full time whistle pointing and abusing the referee right in his face.

Latest outburst: Neil Lennon ‏ @OfficialNeil
    "Referee told players he thought Wanyama handled...feel so sorry for players and fans..I think it's personal myself"

As a follow on from his comments after the League Cup final which also went unpunished:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23805072/

and again at Ibrox: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17517371

Yet to hear his post match interview from today.

There is no end to what he can get away with it seems. GIRUY
    Last edited by Bobby's Cinema; 15-04-2012 at 04:23 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Although he's strangely quiet on their offside goal.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed

He's a classless prick. As per usual.

But can you imagine how we'd be if Hearts got a last minute penalty against us like that in the final?

The man is a total fud.

Regardless of what he's achieved - which compared with past Celtic managers, is actually pretty crap - i'd be embarrassed to have someone like that as our Manager.

Exactly. He is an un gracious, moaning faced, bad looser. Can never accept defeat in a dignified, mature manner.

Glad him and his arrogant team are out, they were so convinced they were going to be treble winners haha!
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 15-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He's such a bitter little man, it almost makes you glad Hearts beat them!

I agree he is an @rse, but this time I think he was justified, it was never a penalty and as the ref gave Herts that one he should have done the same a few minutes later in the Herts box, Billy Brown got it right saying to do away with any misunderstanding ..... if the ball hits a players arm in the box it is a penalty no arguement no discussion and the only fair way.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    One of the few things that Huns say that is broadly accurate is Celtic are "always cheated, never defeated" (fairly).

The poor performances of the clear majority of the Celtic players had a lot more to do with them losing today than anything the referee did.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    The man is a total fud.

Regardless of what he's achieved - which compared with past Celtic managers, is actually pretty crap - i'd be embarrassed to have someone like that as our Manager.
    He's achieved nothing other than winning a one horse race, even I could have managed Celtic to the league title this season.

I checked the live update on the BBC website just in time to read that Hearts had got a late penalty and my immediate reaction, even quicker than "oh bleep", was that the Ginger Whinger would complain about the decision.

It was never a penalty but then I've yet to hear him mention that Hoopers goal was well offside.

**** Celtic. It's Edinburghs turn to take centre stage and nothing should detract from that, especially not another post mortem after Celtic were 'cheated'.

The Guardian has reported that he has tweeted something about it being a personal vendetta against him or words to that effects -pretty much sums up Celtic these days.
    Glad Hearts beat them sets up a great final

Even although paw Brown was well gutted at falling at the semi-final stage, Lennon could learn a lot from him in how to handle a sore defeat with a bit class and dignity.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    Even although paw Brown was well gutted at falling at the semi-final stage, Lennon could learn a lot from him in how to handle a sore defeat with a bit class and dignity.
    I'm not a fan of Brown but he went up in my estimation yesterday in his post match interview. Lennon was already at rock bottom but has consolidated his position as classless trash who loves to play the victim.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    And he wonders why people take such a dislike to him? Not an ounce of humility is his body. FUD!

See someone tweeted him saying the goal was offside so it evened itself out, his reply was 'no he was not'
    the lad then wrote back he was half a yard offside and he replied again with 'no he was not'

Classless fud who can't accept his team are serial bottlers.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Wanyama handled? Surely the penalty was given against Ledley, which was a poor call? Didn't see Wanyama handle it.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

How many column inches......?

Will be devoted to the fact its an Edinburgh Derby final?

And how many to Celtcs woes and Lennons nonsense?

My moneys on the latter getting more.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Wanyama handled? Surely the penalty was given against Ledley, which was a poor call? Didn't see Wanyama handle it.
    Celtic's gripe is that allegedly the referee said to their players that Wanyama had handled the ball. They obviously thought the handball was given (against Ledley) for the initial block.

The footage suggests that Wanyama controlled the ball with his arm after it had been blocked by Ledley. It definitely looks like a better shout for a penalty than the initial block.

http://i44.tinypic.com/33lkq5k.gif
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 15-04-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    Well said

Celtic fans would have anyone believe Lennon is disliked because he is an ugly, ginger catholic.

Truth is, it's because he's a pr1ck of a man.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Will be devoted to the fact its an Edinburgh Derby final?

And how many to Celtcs woes and Lennons nonsense?

My moneys on the latter getting more.
    There will be some about Lennon but the coverage that this game gets will be on a scale never seen before.

It will be incredible from now up to the game

Haven't seen any of the goals from today's match yet but those comments from Lennon just sum him and Celtic up perfectly.

If it had been any other team apart from Hearts who had benefitted today, I would be delighted at today's outcome.

Lennon's trying to deflect attention from the fact that he probably is the crappest manager in the history of Celtic. Despite the Huns being hamstrung financially for a few seasons, he's needed the administrator to wrest the title from them.

His team of millionaires have been grubbed in big Hampden games by Ross County, Kilmarnock and Hearts.

It's utterly ludicrous that Celtic fans, blinded by sectarian-based partisanship, try and talk up this serial loser as a 'legend' and the new Jock Stein. The only legendary about him is his managerial incompetence and complete lack of grace when his team's shortcomings are exposed on the football field.

I've heard it said that he's a very nice guy in real life, and he obviously has a tremendous amount of personal courage to come through the nonsense he has had to endure, so I'm not knocking him as a person. But as a manager, he's Colin Calderwood awful, and I suspect he knows it and that's what the vitriol is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    He's a classless prick. As per usual.

But can you imagine how we'd be if Hearts got a last minute penalty against us like that in the final?
    It was a crass decision by the ref in the 89th minute. There was no way it was hand to ball and in giving it he knew he was handing the match to the Yams. Under the circa, I can fully understand Lennon's furious reaction. I would be devastated if that was against Hibs in such an important match.

The ref should be demoted, but his perf is so in line with the other numpties we have, who would notice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Lennon's trying to deflect attention from the fact that he probably is the crappest manager in the history of Celtic. Despite the Huns being hamstrung financially for a few seasons, he's needed the administrator to wrest the title from them.

His team of millionaires have been grubbed in big Hampden games by Ross County, Kilmarnock and Hearts.

It's utterly ludicrous that Celtic fans, blinded by sectarian-based partisanship, try and talk up this serial loser as a 'legend' and the new Jock Stein. The only legendary about him is his managerial incompetence and complete lack of grace when his team's shortcomings are exposed on the football field.

I've heard it said that he's a very nice guy in real life, and he obviously has a tremendous amount of personal courage to come through the nonsense he has had to endure, so I'm not knocking him as a person. But as a manager, he's Colin Calderwood awful, and I suspect he knows it and that's what the vitriol is all about.
    Agree with all of this, but it was still a terrible decision by the ref that decided the match.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Dashing Bob - Who on earth calls that wee ned the new Jock Stein? Big Jock had more brains in his toe nail clippings than Lennon has in his heid! Is that what Celtc fans call him?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Guys a ****.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    He's celtc minded dont ya know.....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly