hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough Lost_Mackem's Avatar

Well done today!

As a fan if a perrennially unsuccessful club myself, I thought I'd watch the Aberdeen V Hibs game today and was suitably impressed and indeed very pleased to see Hibs make it to the Scottish Cup Final. I don't understand why the Hibs team have struggled so badly all season though? It seems you definitely have the players to be pushing for a higher league finish.

I'll be rooting for you in the final against either Celtic or Hearts, out of interest, who would you prefer to be playing at Hampden? I know Hearts would be an easier game but surely the thought of defeat must send a shudder down the spine! Then again, a victory would bring bragging rights for years to come.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thanks for the best wishes.

To be honest, whoever wins tomorrow will be the favourite in the Final. All we can do is hope for the best.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Hearts won't be any easier in the final than Celtic.

Truth be told, it doesn't matter who we get in the final, the outcome will be down to the mindset and focus of our players.

We need to "want it more" than the opposition.

I hope the club look's after the fans that travelled today. Everyone that was their should hold their heads up high. Great singing especially when we lost the goal.
    As for who we get ? who cares as long as the team try their hardest who knows in a one off game what will happen :) GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Mackem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a fan if a perrennially unsuccessful club myself, I thought I'd watch the Aberdeen V Hibs game today and was suitably impressed and indeed very pleased to see Hibs make it to the Scottish Cup Final. I don't understand why the Hibs team have struggled so badly all season though? It seems you definitely have the players to be pushing for a higher league finish.

I'll be rooting for you in the final against either Celtic or Hearts, out of interest, who would you prefer to be playing at Hampden? I know Hearts would be an easier game but surely the thought of defeat must send a shudder down the spine! Then again, a victory would bring bragging rights for years to come.
    Cheers for the good wishes, but ill ask you ,would you want to play Newcastle in a cup final