hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McPake was outstanding closely followed by Griffiths and if PF has funds at the end of the season then for me the 2 if them should be top if the list.

McPake was the MOTM by a country mile IMHO
    I thought Griffiths was MOTM today. Held the ball up and always showed for it. Generally was a total pain to the Aberdeen defenders and never gave them peace.

As an aside I though Claros did ok as well though at times looked unsure what his role was.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

Stack 6 - Solid enough but not much to do.

Doherty 7 - Battled well. Decent game.
    Hanlon 7 - Distribution poor at times but has much improved since playing alongside McPake.
    McPake 9 - Inspirational
    kujabi 7 - One moment of madness but otherwise a decent game. Loads of energy.

Soares 5 - Pressed and covered well but quiet game.
    Osbourne 9 - Our best midfielder by a mile. Solid throughout.
    Claros 6 - Did ok but yet to settle. Will be a better player next season.
    Sproule 5 - Like Soares worked hard but didn't pose much of a threat.

Griffiths 9 - Must be a nightmare to play against. Perpetual motion. Brilliantly taken winner.
    O'Connor 8 - Has picked up following a mid-season slump. Forming a decent partnership with Sparky.

Brown 6 - Assured when coming on at a time when the dons were on top. Gave team confidence to push on in the final 10 mins.
    Wotherspoon 6 - Did really well when he came on.
    Francombe - 1 - no time to shine.

Well done Hibs. A great battling performance.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seven nowt View Post
    Stack 5 - should have saved the goal

Beyond belief really.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    People who are moaning about the midfield.

Who's to say that we still would have won today if we had a different midfield?

Blog Entries
    O'Connor's positionai awareness with his back to the goal when he scored was really impressive.

First Team Breakthrough seven nowt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

Beyond belief really.
    My second position is goalkeeper. Obviously we have different ideas of what standard a keeper should play at. He was off his line a bit when he didn't have to be, he showed the space for Vernon to shoot and attempted to save it with the wrong hand. Mark Brown would have saved that.

My second position is goalkeeper. Obviously we have different ideas of what standard a keeper should play at. He was off his line a bit when he didn't have to be, he showed the space for Vernon to shoot and attempted to save it with the wrong hand. Mark Brown would have saved that.
    You're being very harsh man.

Just a great team effort. Worried about how easily we gave up the midfield at times, but we have done that all season.
    Perhaps PF has decided to concentrate on stopping teams in the last 3rd rather than try to win the midfield.

That works against the likes of Aberdeen, not so sure it will against a better team.

Thanks Hibs for giving us a great day at Hampden, doesnt happen too often.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    i liked the look of Spoony in a central role. He looked pretty confident and made one or two defence splitting passes in his short time on the park.

i realise it was late in the day and players were tiring though!!!

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    The whole point about today was that Sproule and Soares were to defend the wings so that Aberdeen couldn't get crosses in to the two big men-this worked a treat -anyone who doesn't think so in my humble opinion knows SFA about football.

Sometimes players sacrifice their own games to do a job for the team.

It makes them look bad but "real football people" know whats going on

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

I don't think anyone is denying that Sproule and Osbourne have done well defensively for the team in the last 2 games. However they need to do much more when we have the ball.

Ivan seems wholly unwilling to take his man on these days which is strange as his defensive work has shown he still has the pace. Improved performances in the last few weeks but it's not to say we shouldn't hope and expect better. Hopefully the players take confidence from the result and string a few more good results together before the final.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I don't think anyone is denying that Sproule and Osbourne have done well defensively for the team in the last 2 games. However they need to do much more when we have the ball.

Ivan seems wholly unwilling to take his man on these days which is strange as his defensive work has shown he still has the pace. Improved performances in the last few weeks but it's not to say we shouldn't hope and expect better. Hopefully the players take confidence from the result and string a few more good results together before the final.
    A football team can be a bit like a cooking recipe. Not all the ingredients have major roles to play but their presence is very often crucial to the success of the end product.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Stack 9 - Always looked in control, absolutely nothing he could do about the goal. Best I've seen him in ages.

Doherty 7 - Followed his brief very well, nicely played.
    McPake 10 - Potentially one of the great CBs of our club. Very very good indeed.
    Hanlon 9 - Stormer of a game
    Kujabi 6 - Moments of good play, also very shaky at some points too.

Sproule 7 - When he found himself some space, he was very good.
    Osbourne 8 - Always available, happy with his battling performance today
    Claros 8 - Best performance for us, some fantastic passes.
    Soares 5 - Stuck to his brief, did the minimum to tick that box but workrate was very poor.

O'Connor 9 - Calmly taken goal, always looked dangerous
    Griffiths 9 - Always get the feeling when the ball falls to him that something will happen. Won a lot of 50/50 headers and even 40/60s, and a sublime finish that Deeks would have been proud of.

SUBS
    Wotherspoon 7 - Brought some more energy and helped turn the game back in our favour.
    Brown 6 - Didn't have much to do.
    Francomb 100,000 - Honestly, no ****ing clue as I was too busy partying already, for all I know he could have cleared five shots off the line whilst finding out where Ian Black was and punching him in the puss. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Ridiculous comment that can't be proved. It was a tremendous goal and only someone on the wind up would want to blame Stack for it.

He got no purchase in his jump, he effectively fell backwards and went with the wrong hand albeit was still a very good strike but think he should have had at least a hand to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Hibee View Post
    i liked the look of Spoony in a central role. He looked pretty confident and made one or two defence splitting passes in his short time on the park.

i realise it was late in the day and players were tiring though!!!
    Thought Spoony did really well when he came. He showed some grit in midfield and played a few passes on the deck that split the Aberdeen defence. I would rather see him there with Ozzy and Stevenson for the final with Francombe at right mid.

First Team Breakthrough sparkiedelpaco7's Avatar
    Stack - 7 - Didnt have too much to do, couldnt do anything with the goal but at times was slow off his line
    Doherty - 7 - Solid despite taking too big hits
    McPake - 9 - MOM. SIGN HIM NOW!!!!
    Hanlon - 7 - Couple of dodgy passes but on the whole played well
    Kujabi - 6 - Did alot well but didnt stand out
    Soares - 7 - Got involved alot but I feel he should be playing CM as he didnt have the pace to play winger
    Claros - 6 - Quiet in periods but put in good tackles and tried to make opening passes
    Osbourne - 6 - Needs to drive past people more and take the game by scruff of the neck
    Sproule - 6 - Tried to get involved but legs looked tired. 5 years ago, most of his runs would have led to goals
    O'Connor - 7 - Well taken goal and was involved alot. Needs to work closer to Leigh
    Griffiths - 8 - Created alot of movement and chances and took goal well.

Wotherspoon - 7 - Came on and settled the ship well.
    Brown - 7 - Didnt have a lot to do but what he had he did well
    Francomb - 6 - Didnt have long but didnt make any mistakes