hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Proposed new SPL Financial Fair Play rules

http://www.scotprem.com/content/defa...2&newsid=11256

On 30 April 2012 the SPL Clubs will consider a range of proposals to amend the Articles and Rules of the SPL. A brief description of the effect of adopting the Resolutions is provided below.

Resolution 1 proposes an increase in the sporting sanction (points deduction) on any Club which suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event from 10 points to the greater of 15 points and 1/3 of the Club’s SPL points in the preceding season.

Resolution 2A proposes further sporting sanctions in the event that any Club undergoes an Insolvency Transfer Event (i.e. transfers its share in the SPL to a new company where this occurs because of the insolvency of the transferor) of 10 points in each of two consecutive seasons from the Insolvency Transfer Event.

Resolution 2B proposes revisions to the fee payment arrangements i.e. SPL fees to any Club which has undergone an Insolvency Transfer Event will be reduced by 75% in each of three consecutive seasons from the Insolvency Transfer Event.

Resolution 3 proposes extending sporting sanctions where an Insolvency Event is suffered by a Group Undertaking of a Member Club of the SPL (Group Undertaking is defined in Section 1161(5) of the Companies Act 2006).

Resolution 4 proposes updates and extensions to the definition of Insolvency Event in the SPL Rules.

Resolution 5 proposes updates and extensions to the definition of Insolvency Event in the SPL Articles and clarifies the process in the event that a Member which is the subject of an Insolvency Event is required to transfer its share in the Company.

Resolution 6 proposes a specific requirement in the SPL Rules that Clubs must pay their Players in terms of their Contracts of Service on due dates and places a duty on any Club to report any failure to pay its Players in a timely manner to the SPL. Failure to pay Players and / or to notify such failure to the SPL would be a breach of SPL Rules.

Resolution 7 proposes a requirement in the SPL Rules that Clubs report to the SPL any failure to make payments to HMRC in respect of PAYE and NIC (a Default Event). Any Club suffering such a Default Event will be subject to a Player Registration Embargo. Any failure to report a Default Event shall be a breach of the SPL Rules.

Resolutions 2B and 5 require the support of a minimum of 11 Clubs to be adopted; all other Resolutions require the support of a minimum of 8 Clubs to be adopted.

If adopted the amendments to the Articles and Rules will have effect from and including 14 May 2012 (the day after the last day of Season 2011/2012).

No further comment will be made in respect of these proposals until after the General Meeting on 30 April at which they will be considered by the Clubs.
    Classic barn door closing activity.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    So, if rangers transfer their SPL status to a newco, they'll get 10pt deductions for the next 2 season, and a 25% reduction in SPL fees for 3 years. THAT will be their total punishment???? Unbelievable!!

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, if rangers transfer their SPL status to a newco, they'll get 10pt deductions for the next 2 season, and a 25% reduction in SPL fees for 3 years. THAT will be their total punishment???? Unbelievable!!
    just another reason that could see me joining the ranks of the " finished with scottish football brigade "

No, it's a 75% reduction - that means they'll only get 25%of the fees - I wonder what will happen to the rest.

I also wonder who drafted and proposed these resolutions. They look like an anticipation and green light for liquidation - interesting to see how Duff & Phelps and the various bidders react.

Even the Italians made the new Fiorentina start at the bottom. Scottish football becomes officially the most corrupt in Europe.

I want Hibs opposing this stitch up now!

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    No, it's a 75% reduction - that means they'll only get 25%of the fees - I wonder what will happen to the rest.

I also wonder who drafted and proposed these resolutions. They look like an anticipation and green light for liquidation - interesting to see how Duff & Phelps and the various bidders react.
    It sure looks like it's been drafted just for one purpose, and that's to save New Rangers from going out of the SPL.

And what about laying down some rules when players aren't paid. Not being allowed to play them while they remain unpaid would be a good start. Being in "breach of SPL rules" is a load of pish.
    Last edited by Mikey; 11-04-2012 at 03:38 PM.

There's still the matter of double contracts to come, still possible punishment from Uefa, possible legal action from the Austrian club they got Jelicka from, and I still think certain directors may well get caught out by 'wrongful trading'

I would have added that there's still a polis investigation going on, but that would only elicit howls of laughter!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    http://www.scotprem.com/content/defa...2&newsid=11256

Classic barn door closing activity.
    If thats going to be the new rules in the Scottish game, Hibs should go on mass spending spree after the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It sure looks like it's been drafted just for one purpose, and that's to save New Rangers from going out of the SPL.

And what about laying down some rules when players aren't paid. Not being allowed to play then while they remain unpaid would be a good start. Being in "breach of SPL rules" is a load of pish.

If maintaining their SPL existence is seen as a pre-requisite then I reckon I'd be done with Scottish football, and that seems to be a fairly common view.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Do SPL clubs own a share of the SPL that can be transferred to another company?
    Is that actually the way things are set up?

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Even the Italians made the new Fiorentina start at the bottom. Scottish football becomes officially the most corrupt in Europe.

I want Hibs opposing this stitch up now!
    I agree that any new co should have to start at the bottom but the issue we have, is that isn't the SPL seperate to the SFL. The worst sanction the SPL could make on a club would be to kick them out of the league, it would then be up to the other members to vote on whther or not they are allowed back in.

I believe the example to look at is Livingston, when they went tits up they were in the 1st division so got relegated to the 3rd.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    If the Rangers are getting away with administration. Then **** Scottish football.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    I agree that any new co should have to start at the bottom but the issue we have, is that isn't the SPL seperate to the SFL. The worst sanction the SPL could make on a club would be to kick them out of the league, it would then be up to the other members to vote on whther or not they are allowed back in.

I believe the example to look at is Livingston, when they went tits up they were in the 1st division so got relegated to the 3rd.
    Kick them out of the SPL. Clear and unambiguous.

That puts the problem on to the SFL and maybe the SFA.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Does this need an 11-1 vote in favour to carry this through?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Does this need an 11-1 vote in favour to carry this through?
    Resolutions 2B and 5 require the support of a minimum of 11 Clubs to be adopted; all other Resolutions require the support of a minimum of 8 Clubs to be adopted.

My gut feeling is that the SPL will be hedging their bets that if Rangers go into insolvency and are allowed to re-enter as a 'newco' with sanctions, the initial fury will eventually recede to the point that all the fans will be back watching the SPL as if this had never happened.

Well, if you scour the internet, Facebook and Twitter for the initial reaction to these proposals, and if they are in any way reflective of the views of football supporters in this country....congratulations to the SPL, you will be signing the death note for Scottish football.

I will always love Hibs, but I will never go back to an SPL game if this is allowed to happen.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    How much would it cost clubs if fans boycotted games against rangers?

These rules wouldn't stop me going to hibs games but I'd happily boycott games against those horrible *****.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

These rules wouldn't stop me going to hibs games but I'd happily boycott games against those horrible *****.
    The irony is that Rangers fans are fuming about these proposals too. Rangers Supporters Trust talking about an away boycott on all grounds.

The SPL have completely under-estimated this.

What a feeble protest!

It would be pointless. It wouldn't do them any real damage.

The only thing that will force any real difference is if all fans from all other clubs start boycotting all games, all together in one massive strike.

But it will never happen.

As gutless as the SFA are, we're just as gutless and they know it.

Surely the other clubs won't stand for this? Do they realise theyll kill the Scottish game if a new rangers are allowed to stay in the spl.

Will the players of other clubs also accept this? They might want out of a corrupt league. Maybe Romanov isn't so mad after all.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    Surely the other clubs won't stand for this? Do they realise theyll kill the Scottish game if a new rangers are allowed to stay in the spl.

Will the players of other clubs also accept this? They might want out of a corrupt league. Maybe Romanov isn't so mad after all.
    The 'other' clubs are the SPL, there is no one else making these decisions bar the chairmen of every SPL club

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    What a feeble protest!
    Jeezo, only asked!

If a bigger protest could be organised then great but no home fans attending any game rangers played in would surely have a bigger impact than some fans being 'finished with Scottish football"

Jeezo, only asked!

If a bigger protest could be organised then great but no home fans attending any game rangers played in would surely have a bigger impact than some fans being 'finished with Scottish football"
    Finding a protest that doesn't affect Hibs would certainly be more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    It would be pointless. It wouldn't do them any real damage.

The only thing that will force any real difference is if all fans from all other clubs start boycotting all games, all together in one massive strike.

But it will never happen.

As gutless as the SFA are, we're just as gutless and they know it.
    I think you underestimate the impact.

Apart from anything else if a Newco Rangers were back in free of debts the gap between the OF and the rest would become wider and wider. Other clubs (apart from Hearts) have been living within their means and this is showing on the field. Even Hearts' bubble will burst at some stage.

The lack of competition will see the slow decline of the SPL regardless of boycotts. The TV companies will lose interest in screening matches in largely empty stadiums, devoid of atmosphere.

If they allow Rangers to get away with it that will be the future. I will not be there to watch it.

Jeezo, only asked!

What impact would it have against a team that are invincible in this country based on the ruling system?

Fans not turning up for games against Rangers wouldn't do a thing to change the rules. All that would happen is these clubs would be forced to do what Killie done with Celtic and invite more of these bigots into the grounds. Would you want that?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I think you underestimate the impact.

Apart from anything else if a Newco Rangers were back in free of debts the gap between the OF and the rest would become wider and wider. Other clubs (apart from Hearts) have been living within their means and this is showing on the field. Even Hearts' bubble will burst at some stage.

The lack of competition will see the slow decline of the SPL regardless of boycotts. The TV companies will lose interest in screening matches in largely empty stadiums, devoid of atmosphere.

If they allow Rangers to get away with it that will be the future. I will not be there to watch it.
    The stadiums wouldn't be largely empty. Clubs would just be forced to offer bigger allocations to the OF.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    The 'other' clubs are the SPL, there is no one else making these decisions bar the chairmen of every SPL club
    Good point, haha. Completly suicidal.

I wonder if there would be a mass walkout/leaving of players aswell to other leagues if this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Finding a protest that doesn't affect Hibs would certainly be more appropriate.
    There's no point waiting for it to happen and then protesting.

2 clubs could stop this now. We have 19 days to put pressure on Hibs and hope one other at least does the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    What impact would it have against a team that are invincible in this country based on the ruling system?

Fans not turning up for games against Rangers wouldn't do a thing to change the rules. All that would happen is these clubs would be forced to do what Killie done with Celtic and invite more of these bigots into the grounds. Would you want that?
    And some fans being finished with Scottish football wouldn't be much of a protest either, it'd just be a continuation of a trend that already exists, fans not going to say hibs against killie would do even less to highlight that we're not happy.

My post was just a suggestion as an alternative to being finished with Scottish football altogether as let's face it any boycott of hibs games would soon be forgotten about if we got a decent team on the park.