hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7110

The lowest crowd for a league game at ER for how long?

Quite embarrassing actually but what do we expect, Petrie really needs to lower prices for the rest of the season to get more punters in, it's the least he can do by way of an apology to us long suffering fans.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    There is a few obvious factors.

But I don't think being pissed about with K.O times helps too much either.

Given it is Easter day I do not think the prospect of a 12.30pm ko was hardly going to grab anyone's attention was it? Biggest bug bear for me at the moment is the absence of regular Saturday football at 3pm.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    My thoughts are that it is live on TV and like the commentators said, we have only won 1 home league game this season, so what do you expect?

Personally I am saving my money for Saturday, with ticket prices the way they are I can't afford to attend more than 1 game a month, this month it's the semi final.

Its not embarassing at all. Totally to be expected.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    we nearly missed it as assumed it was a 3 kick off, but as stated easter sunday with game on tv + 12.30 ko it was never gonna be a big hit, shocked by how few well fans were here given the form they have been in
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

I was there today but can understand why some felt the need to give it a miss, especially with a big away trip next week.

Those who where there seen a pretty entertaining game and Hibs all but secure SPL safety. Not a day for complaints IMO.

Testimonial Due
    Easter sunday, game on a sunday (again), at 12:30, and on the TV. There is a load of reasons why people did not turn up, lowering the prices is not the answer for me. As a ST holder I would not be overly happy with the prices being taken down the the rest of the season unless season ticket holders got compensation via ST price for next season etc. As always if folk want to be there and can afford to be there they will be, the prices are the prices.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its not embarassing at all. Totally to be expected.
    It is totally to be expected but nonetheless it doesn't alter the fact it is an embarrassing home attendance.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was there today but can understand why some felt the need to give it a miss, especially with a big away trip next week.

Those who where there seen a pretty entertaining game and Hibs all but secure SPL safety. Not a day for complaints IMO.

Agreed and the atmosphere was better from the 7000 odd than it has been for a long time. I thought as fans we were very good today.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Easter sunday, game on a sunday (again), at 12:30, and on the TV. There is a load of reasons why people did not turn up, lowering the prices is not the answer for me. As a ST holder I would not be overly happy with the prices being taken down the the rest of the season unless season ticket holders got compensation via ST price for next season etc. As always if folk want to be there and can afford to be there they will be, the prices are the prices.
    Oh well, might as well make the price £50 a game, cos if folk want to be there...

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    Oh well, might as well make the price £50 a game, cos if folk want to be there...
    Grow up. if that is what you are taking from the above you need to put the glass down. The put the prices down shout is boring, and it begs nothing more than the "to what?" question, the answer inevitably being still higher than some are feel it is worth. The end result being ST holders loose out, as importantly so does the club.

Agreed and the atmosphere was better from the 7000 odd than it has been for a long time. I thought as fans we were very good today.

Thought the same.

Grow up. if that is what you are taking from the above you need to put the glass down. The put the prices down shout is boring, and it begs nothing more than the "to what?" question, the answer inevitably being still higher than some are feel it is worth. The end result being ST holders loose out, as importantly so does the club.
    Grow up. Thanks for that. Not sure why I need to put down my orange squash.

You initially said lowering the prices wont affect attendances. Then you go on to say if people can afford it they will come. So by your logic surely if the prices are lower, more people will come.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    Grow up. Thanks for that. Not sure why I need to put down my orange squash.

You initially said lowering the prices wont affect attendances. Then you go on to say if people can afford it they will come. So by your logic surely if the prices are lower, more people will come.
    My point was, clearly, the prices are what they are, everytime there is an attendance which is deemed to be disaterously low the "price" shout comes out. I stated, clearly, there was a host of reasons that the attendance was low.

You were the one that commented on price tweaks, so let me ask you what should prices have been today?

@hibs.net private member
    Its the easter weekend there going to be alot of people away with children to a football easter festival, or even playing in one themselves, tv schedules have ruined attendances

@hibs.net private member

You were the one that commented on price tweaks, so let me ask you what should prices have been today?
    £15 adults, £5 for kids, and seeing as Easter seems to have started being a family day why not chuck in a free Easter egg for the kids.

My point was, clearly, the prices are what they are, everytime there is an attendance which is deemed to be disaterously low the "price" shout comes out. I stated, clearly, there was a host of reasons that the attendance was low.

Its not just one attendance that has been deemed as low though is it. Its been a season of them, and throughout scottish football there has been a steady decline in the last 10 years. Football used to be for the common man, but now its hard to find a more expensive form of entertainment.

As a season ticket holder, I dont know what the cost of a ticket today was. But in my opinion there should be a cross the board price of around £15 for every game. The practise of having different pricing for different games is just another deterrent for those that can only make a handful of games.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post

Quite embarrassing actually but what do we expect, Petrie really needs to lower prices for the rest of the season to get more punters in, it's the least he can do by way of an apology to us long suffering fans.

Thoughts?
    F*** lowering the prices.

What message does that send out to season ticket holders apart from it makes no sense to renew if Hibs are going to drop the price at the drop of a hat.

At a time where its all hands on deck and as a club Hibs are trying to punt season tickets the last thing I would do is lower prices.

Sounded good on the radio.

All down to playing on Easter Sunday at such a ridiculous time, simple as that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

What message does that send out to season ticket holders apart from it makes no sense to renew if Hibs are going to drop the price at the drop of a hat.

At a time where its all hands on deck and as a club Hibs are trying to punt season tickets the last thing I would do is lower prices.
    They should have put the prices up to £35 so ST holders think they're getting a bargain.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    All down to playing on Easter Sunday at such a ridiculous time, simple as that.
    What's the big fuss about Easter Sunday? Do that many folk really go to church and that?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    What's the big fuss about Easter Sunday? Do that many folk really go to church and that?
    From a personal point of view, it means a day for the kids, not to mention the trains not running.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

I disagree Scoops, i'd let everyone in for free at the moment. And next season i'd make season tickets a lot cheaper, £300 tops. Football is much too expensive now, add the ridiculous days and times and people dont need excuses not to attend these days.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    From a personal point of view, it means a day for the kids, not to mention the trains not running.
    I've got kids but other than them get a load of chocolate of folk, it's just a normal Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post

Thoughts?
    Not embarressed at all. Am I supposed to be embarrassed for the people who never attended or the yam fuds who will mock the attendance because they sell out the bus shelter every week?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Was todays' crowd lower than the home game with ICT? For the likes of myself that have to travel a bit, it kinda means writing off your Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I disagree Scoops, i'd let everyone in for free at the moment. And next season i'd make season tickets a lot cheaper, £300 tops. Football is much too expensive now, add the ridiculous days and times and people dont need excuses not to attend these days.
    Too late though mate, the season ticket prices are down in black and white for next season.

I appreciate not everyone can afford a season ticket but for me the answer isn't lowering the prices.

Every suggestion always seems to be at the expense of season ticket holders and IMO the last thing Hibs want to do is p*** off ST holders, especially those who haven't yet renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    They should have put the prices up to £35 so ST holders think they're getting a bargain.
    One of your better ideas!!!!