hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

Ivan Sproule - Brilliant today!

I think the lad deserves a thread of his own, for me that was possibly Ivans best game yet since his 2nd return. He showed pace like the Ivan of old, was always wanting and willing to have the ball and run at players. Showed good ability countless times by making the right back unsure as to if he was going to cut in or go to the by-line.

More of the same please Ivan, that's what we want to see from you! I knew he was still capable of a performance like today, and i hope that all the Sproule haters out there take note that this boy still DOES have something to offer us and that he can be an important player for us.

Although he wasn't as lively 2nd half i still felt he put in a good shift and was worthy of the standing ovation he got. Also showed a clear passion and desire to the cause today.

2. Log in to remove the advert

His tracking back in the second half when he caught up with that Motherwell winger after Kujabi slipped was immense!

Credit where it's due he was good today. I wouldn't say he was brilliant, but certainly put in a great shift. Worked hard, wasn't afraid to take on his man and tracked back which was excellent to see. He's set the standard now. More of the same against Aberdeen please, Ivan.

He put in a decent shift, but, brilliant? dearie me!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I agree, his best game since returning.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    6/10 for Ivan, best player was leigh 8/10. Ref 0/10

Agreed. It was like the Sproule of old at his best. Not only was his pace back, he had the stamina to keep going for most of the game. Was pleasantly flummoxed by him today.

Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you had a lot to drink today

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    His tracking back in the second half when he caught up with that Motherwell winger after Kujabi slipped was immense!
    I agree, it was immense pace! Let's not forget that it was Humphrey who he beat to that ball and he's no slouch!

Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post

Vast improvement from Ivan, and big Gaz, Stevenson was another stand out for me today, as was Hanlon.
    We really need McPake to sign in the summer.
    Wee Kujabi looks like he could be a bit of a liability against anyone with a bit of pace.

All my own opinions of course.

I reckon that is as good as he has played for Hibs since coming back. Definite starter next week I feel on the back of that performance unless his ankle injury flared up today.

If Ivan could produce a performance like today on a semi regular basis he'd be a good asset to have in the squad.

Much, much better today.

Well done Ivan. I have a feeling he'll do well at Hampden, he just needs to run at the full back more and have the courage to take people on.

V. Good crosses with his weaker foot too. Well played Ivan. Got stuck in, worked hard and got the better of Hately.

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Without a doubt his best performance since he returned. If he can start to perform like that on a regular basis he'll be an asset to the team.
    Happy as Larry!

Played very well

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    He was best player in the first half today for me. Really gave us a spark that we've been lacking all season. Just hope he can pull off a similar performace against Aberdeen.

I really think we can beat them. We do need to up our game just that little bit more though.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Thought he was great today. Seemed happy enough to hit the by-line and put in - decent - crosses with his left or cut inside onto his right(and winning the free-kick we scored from).

Hopefully he can produce similar next week - and with help on a wider pitch too.

Also felt Stevenson, Hanlon and Griffiths done well and felt GO'C certainly improved from recently but not quite to how he started the season. All players that have been with us for the whole season too I notice. Not that the others done poorly, I just feel these guys were the stand-outs.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He was my MOM today

Testimonial Due
    I thought Ivan was excellent today, pretty much all of what we offered up front seemed to come through him, plenty of danger and was nice to see us giving full backs of the opposition a hard time. Worked harder than anyone for me going back and forth and looked dead on his feet after 60 mins as a result. Well done to him.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    I think the lad deserves a thread of his own, for me that was possibly Ivans best game yet since his 2nd return. He showed pace like the Ivan of old, was always wanting and willing to have the ball and run at players. Showed good ability countless times by making the right back unsure as to if he was going to cut in or go to the by-line.

More of the same please Ivan, that's what we want to see from you! I knew he was still capable of a performance like today, and i hope that all the Sproule haters out there take note that this boy still DOES have something to offer us and that he can be an important player for us.

Although he wasn't as lively 2nd half i still felt he put in a good shift and was worthy of the standing ovation he got. Also showed a clear passion and desire to the cause today.

When was his first return?

Signed A Pedant.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Too much hype. Sproule was good but not brilliant.

Certainly agree this was his best game since returning. Just make sure it wasn't a one off.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Good showing, but we need this week in and week out. TBF to Ivan he is not the only player to be inconsistent. Trouble for Ivan IMO is that he is either starring or stinking and he doesn't really do just ok. Not MOTM though. Lewis again for me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    He was my MOM today

How much better could he be if played on the right?!

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Too much hype. Sproule was good but not brilliant.
    Tend to agree but I'm still sitting stunned after reading somebody giving Griffiths 8/10. Now THAT is too much hype.

Played well -team performance suffered when Wotherspoon replaced him.I'm sure he was brought on to add defensive cover but he failed miesrably in that while being good going forward.

First Team Regular weedgiehibbie's Avatar
    Great performance from Ivan both attacking and tracking back and in good timing as well with the semi next week heres hoping he keeps it up for the rest of the season

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post

Vast improvement from Ivan, and big Gaz, Stevenson was another stand out for me today, as was Hanlon.
    We really need McPake to sign in the summer.
    Wee Kujabi looks like he could be a bit of a liability against anyone with a bit of pace.

All my own opinions of course.
    Or height. But there wasnt a problem on the left until Ivan was burst. After that Humphrey played on the wing one on one against Kujabi. When Ivan went off Kujabi was on his own as Griffiths didnt track back and Spoonie went inside. I would sign Humphrey think he is excellent

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    When was his first return?

Signed A Pedant.

he's getting mixed up with jesus and the second coming, jesus is the messiah...not ivan