hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar

St Patrick' Branch YouTube video

Several Branch members are regulars on here so here we go, Big thanks to Mikey

Glory.Glory

BIG G
    Last edited by GORDONSMITH7; 06-04-2012 at 10:27 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

superb!

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    I think we should play that tune before each game, well the ones V Rangers and Hearts :pfgwa

the Wolfe Tones?

Great video

First Team Breakthrough hailhail22's Avatar
    Class!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewmckay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the Wolfe Tones?

Great video
    superb, love to here it played at ER

love to download it, anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    superb, love to here it played at ER

love to download it, anyone help?
    I've got a YouTube convertor on my laptop type it on on google download it then you can copy and paste anything from YouTube then save it in your documents, if you have an iPhone then it will automatically save on iTunes so you can get it straight on you phone

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Magic

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hailhail22 View Post
    I've got a YouTube convertor on my laptop type it on on google download it then you can copy and paste anything from YouTube then save it in your documents, if you have an iPhone then it will automatically save on iTunes so you can get it straight on you phone

which one is it? i used to have one but it turned out to have loads of spyware in it

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    That was superb! Thanks for posting I agree, would LOVE for this to be played at Easter Road! A wee email off to Hibs anyone?

'S' Form
    Lethal Stuff lads :pfgwa

Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    which one is it? i used to have one but it turned out to have loads of spyware in it
    http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products...-Converter.htm pritty sure its that one i use.

nice pictures but the music is a bit lame...i would be embarrassed if that was played at easter rd....leave the phoney irishness to celtic.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    nice pictures but the music is a bit lame...i would be embarrassed if that was played at easter rd....leave the phoney irishness to celtic.
    harsh

Class

Wondered how many posts it would take before the hibbyhuns appeared.

Excellent work .... good to see theres others out there proud of the clubs history and origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post

Excellent work .... good to see theres others out there proud of the clubs history and origins.
    This

My dad took me to that church (St Patricks Church -shown in the video) every Sunday when I was lad, even though it was on the other side of the city. I wondered why we went there and not to a nearer church. I didn't realise St Patrick's had any links to the club, but I do remember something vaguely linking the two. Can anyone shed some light on this?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I think the difference is that we are comfortable with our past AND our present AND our future as a club whereas many Celtc fans seem to only wallow in a narrow old fashioned Irishness. Nothing wrong with celebrating our roots. There would be no complaints if pictures of old Leith and old Hibs images were put on youtube with a Scottish soundtrack and their should be no complaints about this.

"Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    My dad took me to that church (St Patricks Church -shown in the video) every Sunday when I was lad, even though it was on the other side of the city. I wondered why we went there and not to a nearer church. I didn't realise St Patrick's had any links to the club, but I do remember something vaguely linking the two. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    The St. Patrick's Church in the Cowgate had founded a Catholic Young Men's Society (CYMS) in 1865.[6] The Irish community was not integrated into the wider Edinburgh community,[6] but Canon Edward Hannon was looking for a way to achieve this.[6] Michael Whelahan suggested to Canon Hannon that the CYMS should form its own football club. In a meeting on 6 August 1875, Hibernian F.C. was founded,

(copied & pasted from wiki)

i've never been refered to as a hibbyhun before...interesting considering the amount of hours i've spent on my knees in forced prayer at virtually every catholic church in edinburgh, including 4.30 mass at st. pats on many occasions....my mum still voluntarily cleans st.pats once a week and attends every sunday...she'd laugh her 78 year old head off if she heard of me being described as a hun!...i just cant be arsed with phoney irishness as displayed by the wolftones and others of that ilk that make a healthy living out of playing the republican card.

i've never been refered to as a hibbyhun before...interesting considering the amount of hours i've spent on my knees in forced prayer at virtually every catholic church in edinburgh, including 4.30 mass at st. pats on many occasions....my mum still voluntarily cleans st.pats once a week and attends every sunday...she'd laugh her 78 year old head off if she heard of me being described as a hun!...i just cant be arsed with phoney irishness as displayed by the wolftones and others of that ilk that make a healthy living out of playing the republican card.
    Ah well you have passed the test your no a jumbo or a hun, however you probably should be helping you mum a bit more by going to clean the church with her. I am sure any uberfan would do this, particularly given the historical significance of St Pats (and also the fact your ma is 78 years of age).

Just saying

P.S. you can kiss my harp (I know you want to!)

GGTTH

Calling a practicing Catholic a 'Hun' is fail of the day. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    Several Branch members are regulars on here so here we go, Big thanks to Mikey

Glory.Glory

BIG G
    got this from a m8 on facebook a few weeks ago. superb stuff. encompasses hibs origins for me & also shows how much we have moved on as a club,while retaing our proud heritage. not a bad thing i.m.o.!:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Its sadly depressing and predictable that a perfectly reasonable thread about our history and heritage gets jumped all over. We should be able to talk about this without any fingerpointing about sectarianism, plastic paddyness etc.

agrree with you to a point,especially after reading your later comment re.st pats etc. however at loss as to how you could be embarrassed by a song that is factually correct &has nowt to do with phoney irishness practiced by the great unwashed. be proud to be right!!!!!:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

be proud to be the first!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hailhail22 View Post
    The St. Patrick's Church in the Cowgate had founded a Catholic Young Men's Society (CYMS) in 1865.[6] The Irish community was not integrated into the wider Edinburgh community,[6] but Canon Edward Hannon was looking for a way to achieve this.[6] Michael Whelahan suggested to Canon Hannon that the CYMS should form its own football club. In a meeting on 6 August 1875, Hibernian F.C. was founded,

(copied & pasted from wiki)
    Thanks for the info that puts a few more pieces of the jigsaw together, my Granddad went to that church too form 1901 onwards so it probably explains why I ended up supporting hibs (there was no choice in my family). If you were born into my family you were a hibs fan. No choice in those days and I am pleased of it.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Calling a practicing Catholic a 'Hun' is fail of the day. Congrats.
    Thanks . I think im still suffering from the side effects of CorrieGreen era paranoia.