hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Now the dust has settled.

6 games left, dunfermline need to take 10 points if we win another, wont happen. Whats clear to me is we need ANOTHER clearout of players. I'd bin the lot bar the kids and McPake.

I know that wont happen, but imo McPake apart the rest just are not good enough for a team that wants top 4 football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    The semi final will decide how we line up until the season end. If we flock the sheep, we should be playing more or less the cup final squad every week to keep them match fit. Anyone that is denied a chance to shine, that hasn't shone already, has had their chips. Barring one or two players, there are reasonable grounds to bin the whole lot.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6 games left, dunfermline need to take 10 points if we win another, wont happen. Whats clear to me is we need ANOTHER clearout of players. I'd bin the lot bar the kids and McPake.

I know that wont happen, but imo McPake apart the rest just are not good enough for a team that wants top 4 football.
    You are right. Hopefully most of the loan players will go at the end of the season. It is still a massive job to build a team with whats there at the moment and I have no doubt next season will be a struggle as well. Surely there must be a couple of youngsters ready for a chance given that next to none have broken into the team over the past couple of years. If there isnt, then there is something radically wrong with our scouting and coaching system.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    O'Connor, Griffiths and Osbourne have a lot of talent, but they're also sensitive souls that need thorough man management to get the best out of them every week. I think Fenlon will relish the challenge in that regard.

First Team Breakthrough N.Wales Hibby's Avatar
    We got 3 lucky points today that hopefully will save us from relegation but the truth is we are dire. I watched the game on TV and we where playing like a schoolboy team. As posters have stated we need to have a clear out or we will find ourselves in the same position next year and I am afraid that the support will dwindle even more and with that the revenue.

Pars getting ten points or us winning another game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Pars getting ten points or us winning another game?
    I'm sure we will wi another game, but it wont get away from us being a terrible football team. Today has bought us another season in the SPL, the loan players will go back and we are left with a really poor bunch of players that would relegate us.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Massive re-building job ahead, no question, but what really matters right now is staying up. Today is a huge boost and should make us just about safe. Once we're offically across the line and into the summer Pat has a big job on his hands to ensure we aren't back here in twelve months time. A lot of players simply aren't good enough, we know that. The question is can Pat identify who is worth keeping and then replace those who go with better players and within a reasonable budget? It's a tall order to deliver and one that requires no lack of skill, but we mustn't be fighting relegation next season and should always be competing for top six.

I'll ponder more tomorrow. Right now I'm having a beer.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I'm sure we will wi another game, but it wont get away from us being a terrible football team. Today has bought us another season in the SPL, the loan players will go back and we are left with a really poor bunch of players that would relegate us.
    That may well be the most considered reply I've ever had to a throwaway line!

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    That may well be the most considered reply I've ever had to a throwaway line!

Apart from McPake we could ship the lot.

I didnt look at the Wotherspoon thread, but I just cant figure out this guy at all, he looked like he was going to be up there with Brown, Whittaker, Fletcher etc but instead he looks like he isnt fit and has tight hamstrings when he runs. Do we have a sprint coach at East Mains? I find it very sad that a lad who should be one of our best just doesnt seem able to raise his game and appears to be slower than he was 2 years ago.

Pat Fenlon has a huge job on his hands in the close season and only a few weeks to find enough 'decent' players to make a team. That time will be even less if by some miracle we reach the cup final.

But if we do lose to the sheep on the 14th the second we are mathematically safe the rebuilding has to begin. The players we need are out there and possibly even affordable. But we will have to act fast to get them. First one on my list would be Hasselbaink from St Mirren, coz if nothing else he will get folk off their seats and I cant think of another SPL player even with the OF who can.

Apart from Russell and McKay - Steven at Utd, who are going to be way out of reach.

Apart from him we need a ball player in midfield and some players with decent pace and ball control and determination to succeed. Ye gods, you would think I was wanting Hibs to sign some professional football players the way I'm going on.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 01-04-2012 at 05:24 PM.

" Now the dust has settled " and trying not to be OTT that win today may well prove to be the most important win of this league campaign.
    Still doesn't take away from the fact that there is a massive job to be done before season 2012/13 kicks off

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    You are right. Hopefully most of the loan players will go at the end of the season. It is still a massive job to build a team with whats there at the moment and I have no doubt next season will be a struggle as well. Surely there must be a couple of youngsters ready for a chance given that next to none have broken into the team over the past couple of years. If there isnt, then there is something radically wrong with our scouting and coaching system.
    i cannot understand why lewis stevenson is still at hibs. did we give him a new contract recently? Hes good enough for the scottish lower leagues, thats his level. typically has more bad(well, average/posted missing) games than good. soz wee man, but he just doesnt add anything to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    If we amass enough points to remain in the SPL Pat Fenlon will have completed phase 1. Phase 2 will be to build a team to compete next season.
    Was always going to thus, and PF indicated that he was doing it that way. I think we need to get the cup out the way (one way or another) then we can start thinking about next season.

I'm sure Fenlon has a game plan.

I'll be hacked off if we're outside the top six next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmhibby View Post
    i cannot understand why lewis stevenson is still at hibs. did we give him a new contract recently? Hes good enough for the scottish lower leagues, thats his level. typically has more bad(well, average/posted missing) games than good. soz wee man, but he just doesnt add anything to our team.
    One of our most consistent players this season....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Kujabi
    McPake
    Francombe
    Ozzy
    Stevenson
    Griffiths

Are the only ones I'm that bothered about. Maybe Soares

We'll still have Claros (jury still out), and Doyle (I quite like him but needs a decent run)

I would like a keeper, centre half, left and right wingers, as a priority.

Really? Yet he has played SPL football for five years now. Obviously the hibs.net jury knows more than Collins, Mixu, Hughes, Calderwood and now Pat Fenlon who starts him every week.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Really? Yet he has played SPL football for five years now. Obviously the hibs.net jury knows more than Collins, Mixu, Hughes, Calderwood and now Pat Fenlon who starts him every week.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I can
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I can
    Me too. Huge improvement from Lewis in the last 12 months.

Managed to catch a bit of the first half at work today and the standard of football was embarrassing, if I'm being honest.

We obviously improved after the break but I think it's obvious that we need major surgery in the summer if we're going to get anywhere near where we want to be in the next couple of years.

Of course I'm pleased with the win today and relieved that it now seems that we will, at least, be staying up but finishing 11th in the SPL for a club like Hibs is disgraceful and not good enough by a long, long way.

We have massively underachieved in the past two seasons and it's not good enough by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post

My thoughts exactly .
    Will be an even better player in a good side
    There's a few more of the " old guard" I would "pay off" before LS

While we have clearly been pretty pish this season, it's interesting to see that derby aside Fenlon has managed to get the team to do the business in the 'must win' games. Dunfermline away, the Killie and Ayr cup games and now Caley away all ended up with victories.

Let's hope that form carries on into the semi and beyond

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus Hibby View Post
    We got 3 lucky points today that hopefully will save us from relegation but the truth is we are dire. I watched the game on TV and we where playing like a schoolboy team. As posters have stated we need to have a clear out or we will find ourselves in the same position next year and I am afraid that the support will dwindle even more and with that the revenue.
    I don't think it was a lucky 3pts, it was a well earned 3pts. We are playing sh*!%e because we are 2nd bottom of the league, nervous because the least mistake might be the nail in the coffin.
    They had a soft pen a fluky 2nd goal, Hibs battled hard in the second half and scored 3 decent goals and held on well.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Left by mutual consent!

We should know by now that clearout after clearout more likely to result in a cycle of decline rather than anything else. We are crying out for some stability and, as part of that, give a group of players time to gel as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    We should know by now that clearout after clearout more likely to result in a cycle of decline rather than anything else. We are crying out for some stability and, as part of that, give a group of players time to gel as a team.
    Thats normally true, but is it 8 loans, i cant quite remember but they will go back to their parent club.

That leaves us with the rest, and quite a few of them are out of contract. Just off the top of my head there's Stack, Brown Stevenson and O'Conner, there might be more.

Its inevitable we will have a huge clearout, its clear this lot are just not good enough and never will be. Its not ideal, although there's none bar a couple and the kids worth keeping imo.

First Team Breakthrough sparkiedelpaco7's Avatar
    Stack(/New Keeper)

Francomb Doherty McPake Kujabi(/Smith)

Osbourne(/New RW) Soares Claros Booth(/New LW)

Griffiths O'Connor

Bench: Antell, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Stanton, Sproule, Doyle, O'Donovan

Released: Stevenson, Towell, O'Hanlon, Brown, Scott

Left by mutual consent!
    Thats normally true, but is it 8 loans, i cant quite remember but they will go back to their parent club.

That leaves us with the rest, and quite a few of them are out of contract. Just off the top of my head there's Stack, Brown Stevenson and O'Conner, there might be more.

Its inevitable we will have a huge clearout, its clear this lot are just not good enough and never will be. Its not ideal, although there's none bar a couple and the kids worth keeping imo.
    I don't think anything is clear just now. What we all need to remember is that football performance is only in part down to individuals - it's a team game after all.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkiedelpaco7 View Post
    Stack(/New Keeper)

Francomb Doherty McPake Kujabi(/Smith)

Osbourne(/New RW) Soares Claros Booth(/New LW)

Griffiths O'Connor

Bench: Antell, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Stanton, Sproule, Doyle, O'Donovan

Released: Stevenson, Towell, O'Hanlon, Brown, Scott

6 of that team are not ours, 5 are due back at their parent clubs at the end of this season.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I really like Kujabi.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!