hibs.net Messageboard

Thumbs up - or - Thumbs Down......

Have never seen so much negative posts about Hibs - than on these Forums !!!

Its about time we can give Either, a - Thumbs up / thumbs down to the comment..

the forums are crazy - and it kinda feels like there are more diet huns than the usual doubters at the moment ....!!

was just thinking it would be better if everyone had the power to vote on each individual comments .. like it or dont like it kinda button ???

maybe then you could weed out the constant people who negative post .. ( i know its a kinda filter )..

Apologies if this has been Done / tried or mentioned in the past - but i find it nice to go on to a forum and if some comment has had say between 20 and 50 thumbs down it gets deleted !!! before i spend ten minutes reading the post - kinda thing ..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

the forums are crazy - and it kinda feels like there are more diet huns than the usual doubters at the moment ....!!

was just thinking it would be better if everyone had the power to vote on each individual comments .. like it or dont like it kinda button ???

maybe then you could weed out the constant people who negative post .. ( i know its a kinda filter )..

Apologies if this has been Done / tried or mentioned in the past - but i find it nice to go on to a forum and if some comment has had say between 20 and 50 thumbs down it gets deleted !!! before i spend ten minutes reading the post - kinda thing ..
    Pay £10 for private membership and rid yourself of your current angst, otherwise, endure yourself to constant negativity from free-loaders.

That's a thumbs-up from me.

We are having one of the worst seasons we have ever had to suffer, I would suggest you look no further than that for the negativity and you know where you can stick your thumbs!

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    We cant start weeding out negative posters because at the end of the day that is just their opinion. Thats why these messageboards were created, so fans can bring their opinions to the forum. Yes it might be full of negativity at the moment but surely that is just a reflection of the current state of our club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sahib View Post
    We are having one of the worst seasons we have ever had to suffer, I would suggest you look no further than that for the negativity and you know where you can stick your thumbs!
    aye, up or down

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    aye, up or down

im just so sick of some of the yam/huns posts on the site the now ... and you can quite often obviously see some of them !!!

i know hibs have a lot of problems - but it would be nice if we could use some sort of hun/yam filter to monitor the positive and negative posts... !!

just like some sites do with spam filter - they keep looking for the same old negative posters or folks who contuine to post the similar / same message ...

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A messageboard with just positive posts is like a kind of Pravda forum and wouldn't be realistic.

I don't believe we have posters who are negative and posters who are positive. I think we have posters who sometimes post positive things and sometimes negative things depending on their current mood, it's real life.

Even the undercover Yams have their place, they are usually weeded out pretty quick.What we don't need is Mccarthyite witch hunts looking For them.

Vive la difference!
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 29-03-2012 at 11:03 PM.

If we just get rid of every yam, starting with HH81, then i think the site would vastly improve.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    If we just get rid of every yam, starting with HH81 and me then i think the site would vastly improve.
    Sorted that for you
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    Sorted that for you

You can shove your friggin smiley up yer arse!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

i concur, and a big :giruy: anaw, and as for these posters that want a forum where everyone is in agreement

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    im just so sick of some of the yam/huns posts on the site the now ... and you can quite often obviously see some of them !!!

care to point them out Mr detective man ? :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 30-03-2012 at 12:03 AM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Nostalgia is a funny thing and the mammory ;) plays tricks but I don't recall the original Hibs list being quite as polarised as it can be on here at times. The real wind-up merchants hadn't become as prominent. It would be interesting to dig out some posts from that era.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    If we just get rid of every yam, starting with HH81, then i think the site would vastly improve.
    Admin..... This Fraze guy/girl is a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Admin..... This Fraze guy/girl is a bully.

LTYF

i know hibs have a lot of problems - but it would be nice if we could use some sort of hun/yam filter to monitor the positive and negative posts... !!

just like some sites do with spam filter - they keep looking for the same old negative posters or folks who contuine to post the similar / same message ...

If you believe you have spotted a post by someone who is 'obviously' a yam or hun you do realise you're allowed to use the report function to alert the admin team.

Believe it or not they actually do have systems on place for checking these things out. They sometimes miss one though so rely on vigilant site users such as yourself to give them a helping hand.

As PB says, use the Report Post function.

I'd be willing to bet that I've met most of the Yams and Huns you refer to though

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    As PB says, use the Report Post function.

I'd be willing to bet that I've met most of the Yams and Huns you refer to though
    Ahh so the yams are so clever they have an undercover one as an admin. We've caught you now Mikey.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    As usual on remedials.net when someone makes an honest suggestion, the naysayers automatically decide that the OP wants the complete opposite extreme.

Who wants a totally negative or totally positive board? The problem is that .net has always been short of posters who deliver comment with balance, perspective, evidence and context.

The tone of the board is made up of a lot of Hibbies (possibly) who are real whinging gets and **** themselves at the first sign of trouble. Matchday threads are a good example of this.

Those with a lesser level of emotional intolerance often stay quiet and post less frequently.

The negativity has been here in seasons good and bad. In Mogga's era a lot of focus went on comedy defending and how crap Konte and others were. There have also been the Murray, Marshall, Wotherspoon, Hogg, Murdock, Maka, Zibbi, Brown (Simon), Caig, Edge, Wiss, KT, RP, Lewis, Rankin, Mixu, Calderwood, Yogi, Keenan etc scapegoat/hate campaigns to name a few.

So before we post about our rights to be venting and blowing off steam about the pish we're served up, remember that we choose whether or not to pay for this pish and even though it is undilluted pish now, that STILL doesn't justifiy the mean spirit of the main board.

So here on main, it's like someone saying 'Ahh paid £20 for a toaster and it burnt ma bread. DISGRACE. Then next week Aahh paid another £20 for another o' they toasters, still burnt ma bread. Aaahm gonnae buy anaither wan next week an' aw and ah'll be back to whinge ma erse off when it burns ma loaf again.

As evidence, the PM board is nothing like the main. It has a much more relaxed and realistic tone. The dire nature of performances and results that Hibs deliver are still discussed there but with 85% less hate and vitriol.

Main is hopefully made up of a cross section that includes a lot of yams and knee jerkers and is hopefully not representitive of the support overall. If it was, the fans would deserve their team being relegated.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    A list of positive things to post about

1- We are in the semi-final of the Scottish cup

2- The pitch has held up better this season and is nice and green

3- eh!