hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

Are We Seriously Prepared For This? (The players certainly aren't)

This was posted on YouTube by a Merrick on the wind up but it is footage well worth reviewing as there are a lot of similarities to our current situation, a lot of similar opinions and if we're not Falkirking careful, we could be right back here in 7 games or so.

Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxOFaFWuyFU

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Duffys13's Avatar
    Watching that brought back a lot of memories. What worries me is we were in a lot better shape back then in regards to team spirit and finances (opportunity to invest). Don't think relegation this time would be as enjoyable. I say enjoyable as we watched a team grow after that and some great days followed shortly after.
    Last edited by Duffys13; 25-03-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Looking back at those highlights its amazing how up for the fight those players looked and how despondent they looked at the end. I also don't think our team now could dominate a game like that team did on the way to going 1-0 up.

that team was better than yesterdays team

Oh dear.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Oh dear.
    Most teams in the league had better teams back then as well to be fair

I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried at the final whistle that day. Only God knows how I'll react if we go down again
    This is how it feels

Did noy cry at that game but did have a tear in my eye when we played Airdrie in the play off.
    When they got a pen in the away leg I thought we were gone.

But we were not

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Well at least Lex Gold was a man of his word. He was honest enough to say he'd resign if we got relegated as that would mean he'd failed as the man in charge. Although I don't think he was ever going to be at Hibs long-term.

As others have said there looked to be more fight in that team, a bit of fire and passion. Let down by some dreadful keeping similar to yesterday however.

Followed a link on the right and watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lYOA...eature=related . Video about the last game against Falkirk in the First Division.

Firstly, what I would do to see Sauzee rocket another free kick effortlessly into the top corner. Secondly, that European Champion had more passion for our club in his pinkie than all our journeymen have combined.

Lastly, and rather ironically, the talk from Andy Watson regarding unity is what strikes me about now. He talks of the club and fans being united, the club and fans appreciating each others efforts, we couldn't be much further from that in our current situation which worries me and sums up why I have to watch videos from bygone days to have much emotion regarding Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Well at least Lex Gold was a man of his word. He was honest enough to say he'd resign if we got relegated as that would mean he'd failed as the man in charge. Although I don't think he was ever going to be at Hibs long-term.

I wonder if Petrie would do the same, especially considering he has overseen us plummet from 3rd best team in the country, via a series of bad managerial appointments, and an almost allergic reaction to keeping good players at the club, to bottom?

Coaching Staff
    I think this is being unfair on the current team. I don't see any lack of fight and they all seem very together and passionate when we get the points or get through the cup games.

The last couple of games have been disappointing but the two teams we have played are unfortunately a bit ahead of us as teams right now.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I think this is being unfair on the current team. I don't see any lack of fight and they all seem very together and passionate when we get the points or get through the cup games.

The last couple of games have been disappointing but the two teams we have played are unfortunately a bit ahead of us as teams right now.
    Well said

The game against Dunfermline is going to be our biggest of the season, no doubt

@hibs.net private member
    I only really got into following the Hibees from 2001 onwards so I have never sampled what it feels like to be in a proper relegation scrap.
    Safe to say I am utterly sh*tting myself, one thing i've picked up on is that teams that are scrapping, although not talented, are usually "used" to it i.e. teams always in the bottom half of the table, so they are always up for scrapping tooth and nail.
    This is a team of nancy boys which has me shaking like a leaf about the high pressure run of fixtures coming up!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt92 View Post
    I only really got into following the Hibees from 2001 onwards so I have never sampled what it feels like to be in a proper relegation scrap.
    Safe to say I am utterly sh*tting myself, one thing i've picked up on is that teams that are scrapping, although not talented, are usually "used" to it i.e. teams always in the bottom half of the table, so they are always up for scrapping tooth and nail.
    This is a team of nancy boys which has me shaking like a leaf about the high pressure run of fixtures coming up!
    Yet we've got threads looking for the likes of Riordan and Booth to come in!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post

Oh dear.
    I Agree i was also surprised after reading the Daily Record this morning that Padyy has a worse record than CC For the League games that is that Paddy has been in charge.

I Would point out that Dunfy over the same period are even worse than us so unless they get the old new manager bounce we have nothing to fear.