hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billboard

Billboard

There is a billboard up on the western approach rd advertising their season tickets with let's paint this place maroon on it who is close with a tin of green paint haha

2. Log in to remove the advert

A couple of Yams in my work went to renew their season tickets today... they came back fuming saying that the info posted by the club stated that there would be no price increase for next season but when getting to the ticket office they were told that £70 was being added across the board for all season ticket renewals? By the time the punters in the queue had stopped complaining the extra cost had gone up to £90 instead of the original £70

Anybody else heard Yams moaning about this?
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A couple of Yams in my work went to renew their season tickets today... they came back fuming saying that the info posted by the club stated that there would be no price increase for next season but when getting to the ticket office they were told that £70 was being added across the board for all season ticket renewals? By the time the punters in the queue had stopped complaining the extra cost had gone up to £90 instead of the original £70

Anybody else heard Yams moaning about this?

Yeah, heard that too. Someone I work with was going on about how it was £270 for her new season ticket and this morning was complaining it was over £300. Not sure how much as it they were telling another Jambo, but they weren't overly happy.

Surely if there was no intention to sell them at the original price Hearts could get done by the Advertising Standards Agency for inaccurate advertising.
    Last edited by Twiglet; 23-03-2012 at 06:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    According to this,they have sold over 2000 season tickets today alone?

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/2...241384_2690459

They are doing dynamic pricing, which is more or less how ryanairs pricing model works, not entirely sure how hawrts are doing it though

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    They are doing dynamic pricing, which is more or less how ryanairs pricing model works, not entirely sure how hawrts are doing it though

So prices change minute by minute according to availability. Sounds like they are trying to get money in as quickly as possible, which surely wouldn't be linked to their inability to pay players?

Massive club, Scotland's third force

This must be on the back of Ian Black's T shirt at ER a few weeks ago. What a brilliant marketing ploy.

It would be an awfull shame if somewhere down the line it was shoved up their arsh.

Wouldnt it ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    So prices change minute by minute according to availability. Sounds like they are trying to get money in as quickly as possible, which surely wouldn't be linked to their inability to pay players?

Massive club, Scotland's third farce
    tut tut should spell things correctly first time

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Raging on Yambo Hunchback forum

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....umbles-merged/

We all know that Jambos are as tight as two coats of paint, and this has them spewing.

Massive club, Scotland's third Reich
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    tut tut should spell things correctly first time

Fixed that for you.

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    Yeah, heard that too. Someone I work with was going on about how it was £270 for her new season ticket and this morning was complaining it was over £300. Not sure how much as it they were telling another Jambo, but they weren't overly happy.

Surely if there was no intention to sell them at the original price Hearts could get done by the Advertising Standards Agency for inaccurate advertising.
    I was one of many to get a shock today. Was well chuffed with my renewal price when i saw it. Well down on last year. To get this price i'd need to have got in by half 9. By time i bought at 12 had gone up 70 quid for our tickets. So i panic bought in case went up more. Now end of tonight still same price and it's exactly what we paid last year.the price was quitedeceiving as said for very limited period or am i just naive thinking that would been week or 2. Ideally i'd have waited til end april but felt need to buy it today. Hearts aggressive policy may have paid off but would also left alot disgruntled people. Selling 2000 on first day is good and in cold light of day those that didn't buy today because they pissed off will stroll up at end of season and will buy at slightly higher than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    I was one of many to get a shock today. Was well chuffed with my renewal price when i saw it. Well down on last year. To get this price i'd need to have got in by half 9. By time i bought at 12 had gone up 70 quid for our tickets. So i panic bought in case went up more. Now end of tonight still same price and it's exactly what we paid last year.the price was quitedeceiving as said for very limited period or am i just naive thinking that would been week or 2. Ideally i'd have waited til end april but felt need to buy it today. Hearts aggressive policy may have paid off but would also left alot disgruntled people. Selling 2000 on first day is good and in cold light of day those that didn't buy today because they pissed off will stroll up at end of season and will buy at slightly higher than last year.
    If Hibs had done that we'd be breaking out the emergency server

The prices attached to the PBS season tickets is a disgrace !!!

I would expect to be paid a hell of a lot more than that before I would get one

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    2000 on the first day of sales?! Jeezo...

Still a laughing stock like

Blog Entries
    Bruno...Its a masterstroke...cause a panic rush of purchases predicated on the worry that price will rocket...probably only 10 in each cat sold cheap...and they were never going to get too expensive or there would be a revolt and dramatic reduction in sales latter in process...

Meantime cash flow is sorted for another month.....

Obsessed with the Hibees
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Bruno...Its a masterstroke...cause a panic rush of purchases predicated on the worry that price will rocket...probably only 10 in each cat sold cheap...and they were never going to get too expensive or there would be a revolt and dramatic reduction in sales latter in process...

Meantime cash flow is sorted for another month.....
    I've heard it was 250 in each section but your right i was suckered but i'm happy we've got our same seats good position in wheat field for 520 for me and 14 year old. players wages will be paid and we've got a cup final versus hibs to look forward to. What could possibly go wrong!!!

I've heard it was 250 in each section but your right i was suckered but i'm happy we've got our same seats good position in wheat field for 520 for me and 14 year old. players wages will be paid and we've got a cup final versus hibs to look forward to. What could possibly go wrong!!!
    When you say a good position, is that kinda central?

An adult and 14 year old in the East or West at ER would be £575 by my reckoning. Do you get anything else, such as a cup top up?

It would only be £450 in the FF Lower.

Obsessed with the Hibees
    My seat is right on half way line 8 rows up big hike in price if i go further back. My son's season ticket 2 years ago was £25 now it's £240 but he's hooked so don't mind paying it. There's no cup top up and i think that's a missed opportunity

@hibs.net private member
    2000 tickets at an average of say £250 gives them £500,000, which is a big cash boost for them.
    Of course, the fact that they are going to use that money to pay this year's salaries and other costs, means that they will have nothing left to pay the salaries come August...

Even if I was a Hearts fan, I would be thinking long and hard before buying a season ticket with their finances in the state they are.

Blog Entries
    My seat is right on half way line 8 rows up big hike in price if i go further back. My son's season ticket 2 years ago was £25 now it's £240 but he's hooked so don't mind paying it. There's no cup top up and i think that's a missed opportunity
    Pretty much same as my West Lower ticket for me and daughter then...

Main difference seems to be the diffrent prices in Tynie for different areas (partly i understand this due to old stand etc) where as ER is pretty much same in every area bar a few quid (with exception of family deal in FF lower)

I think that halfway line should be more expensive (or if you like wings / behind goals cheaper)

With technology a membership card where you buy a ticket at say £22...next £21.50..next £21...next £20.50 etc etc so that those going to all 19 home games would end up paying £12 for last match is the way to go and get loyalty and reward...

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    I think Down The Slopes idea is a great one re. pricing. Does anyone know if any other clubs use this sort of structure?

With regards to Hearts STs, a master stroke by the club to get some much needed revenue in! With 2000 sold today(if accurate)then the vladsheep fell for the bait, hook , line and sinker!!
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

Raging on Yambo Hunchback forum

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....umbles-merged/

We all know that Jambos are as tight as two coats of paint, and this has them spewing.
    Took this from the paraffin lamps website.

what a load of pish this is i phoned up to pay my £270 at 9 am and they told me its now up to £300 after only 30 mins of being on sale, i have been a season ticket holder for over 40 years and i said to them they can stick it i wont be pissed about like this how can they put up prices with only 30 mins of being on sale total farce

Where is our snowman destroyer? Get him on the case

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Got a feeling that those who have forked out money for a season ticket today may just have to pay again next year at walk up prices. Anyone who pays up front for that lot really need their heads looking at.

What about this belter

" You think that Hearts - who have not sold out for seasons - are going to get more fans coming to games when there are significant price rises every few minutes? "

And they say we get dressed up as seats ?

C'mon guys your a BIG club, every BIG club hikes up season tickets by the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post
    What about this belter

" You think that Hearts - who have not sold out for seasons - are going to get more fans coming to games when there are significant price rises every few minutes? "

And they say we get dressed up as seats ?

C'mon guys your a BIG club, every BIG club hikes up season tickets by the hour.
    If he hadn't taken time out to whine about ticket prices on Kickback he could have saved himself 50 quid

you could have got them for a fraction of that price ........ but you would have been forced to sit in the seats facing the pitch !

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post

All part of their cunning plan to meet the financial fair play regulations. Clubs everywhere do it, apparently, a bit like not paying wages I suppose.

Anyway, heres the explanation to the Orcs.....

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/2...257176_2685496

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    2 associates of mine yam season ticket holders for 15/18 year have told them to stick it ones seat price rose 20% in 20mins of being on sale!

Still tho 2000 in one day is a big shift

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Where is our snowman destroyer? Get him on the case

Whereswallace where are you?