hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Mr Kelly.

Mr Kelly.

I felt this is worth it's own thead. Tragic. I'd hate to think how his family feel right now. Rest in peace Mr Kelly.
    Last edited by hibee92; 19-03-2012 at 03:36 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Rip! Absolutely tragic! Dunno how to put this but he did at least get to go out on the highest possible note! Watching his son win a national trophy! But still travesty for this to happen today!

He died? I'd been keeping an eye on the news to see if there were any updates, but I never saw this. What a shame.

I understand what you mean Hibbysam, it won't be of any comfort to them at the moment, but later at least his family will know his last moments would have been so happy and was no doubt bursting with pride at seeing his laddie win a cup final.

It's been a really humbling, solemn weekend.

@hibs.net private member
    RIP Mr Kelly. Really heartbreaking stuff for Liam and his family.

Should not take the shine off of a superb victory for the Killie fans even if the importance of football is firmly put into perspective by this sad turn of events.

Really really sad thoughts with the family

Terrible shame. Hope his lad kicks on and puts in more performances like the game in Holland for the U21's where he was immense.

Another incident that puts football into perspective.

Something we all, myself included, could do with remembering sometimes.

Not so good.

It is a real shame. Yesterday would probably have been the pinnacle of some of these players careers and they wont be able to enjoy it. They should still be able to look back in future and be proud, but this is a very bittersweet time for them.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I tend to look at it another way.

Whether or not it should be, football can be a very emotional experience. The players, and fans, will look back on yesterday as an extremely moving day, in all ways. It will be intense, and will probably last for much longer than it would otherwise have.

I still remember breaking down at the end of our League Cup win, in memory of my closest uncle who had died shortly before it. The two memories are inseparable, and all the richer for it.

Awful news, was very sad to hear he had passed away. He died a very proud father, watching his son win the cup.

Sad news indeed, R.I.P

At the game today the Killie chairman "presented" Liam with his medal after the match and Kenny gave him the cup.

Good touch by the club before the traditional end of season stuff. Presented with the other players standing round centre circle applauding him.

One Liam Kelly!

Quote Originally Posted by vanNISHtelroy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the game today the Killie chairman "presented" Liam with his medal after the match and Kenny gave him the cup.

Good touch by the club before the traditional end of season stuff. Presented with the other players standing round centre circle applauding him.

One Liam Kelly!
    Nice touch indeed
    This is how it feels

One Liam Kelly!
    Couldn't agree more, but I thought the lad's Dad had died on Cup Final day itself??

Either way, I had a good mate at Rugby Park today, and he was greeting like a bairn apparently. No shame in that at all, given the circs.

RIP Liam Kelly's Dad and well played Kille on the day

Very touching. Your father dying on arguably your proudest moment within your career. I'd hate to even estimate how that must feel. No one should ever have to feel such conflicting emotions so close to each other. It really is horrible to think about, but like I say, very thoughtful from Kilmarnock.

Rest in peace Mr Kelly.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage

One Liam Kelly!
    That is fantastic, lovely touch by Killie there. RIP Jack Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Couldn't agree more, but I thought the lad's Dad had died on Cup Final :
    Yes, which was why he wasn't able to go up and get medal/trophy and go on open top bus through town etc. don't think he was there when trophy was paraded at ground either.