hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hibs support

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Hibs support

What a load of *****. The only 'songs' folk fancied singing were about paedophiles and a man that's been dead for 6 years. Myself and a couple pals tried singing Hibs songs but nobody seemed interested. The Mercer patter is boring, and it's getting utter ****ing cringeworthy, tbh.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Must admit, I'm getting a bit fed up with all the Craig Thomson songs and stuff about paedophiles.

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Got a few songs I wanted to sing but was hesitant to crack them out until I ran them past yourself for vetting since you're obviously the hibs police.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got a few songs I wanted to sing but was hesitant to crack them out until I ran them past yourself for vetting since you're obviously the hibs police.
    Apologies, I take it you think the players get some sort of lift hearing ***** about Mercer and Thompson as opposed to singing Hibs songs?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Testimonial Due
    You were definitely the Best Hibs Fan at Tynecastle today, Sean.

An example to us all

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Apologies, I take it you think the players get some sort of lift hearing ***** about Mercer and Thompson as opposed to singing Hibs songs?

....which has nothing to do with anything.

It would appear everything to do with the cabbage has been lambasted since the end of the derby. You've nothing else to moan at so you take a pop at the support.

and the beat goes on....

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Imagine singing about your rivals during a derby! I'd imagine the players were shocked at such disgraceful behaviour from the hibs support. I can't blame them for losing considering the half time tactics to get the hibs support to sing the right songs clearly didn't work.

Come on then Sean enlighten us what songs would have lifted the players today then

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    What a load of *****. The only 'songs' folk fancied singing were about paedophiles and a man that's been dead for 6 years. Myself and a couple pals tried singing Hibs songs but nobody seemed interested. The Mercer patter is boring, and it's getting utter ****ing cringeworthy, tbh.
    I agree.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    The atmosphere at derbies these days are pish IMO, the op is correct all songs from both sides about calling each other gay and peado etc, it's primary school stuff.

I'm with Sean and was goin to start a thread till I seem this.
    Our support needs to grow up. Singing about Craig Thompson hardly lifts our own spirits, never mind the teams. It's poor banter, childish, not funny anymore and cringeworthy.

Summed up in one word its 'classless' and shouldn't be the hibs way.

Agree with sean.

@hibs.net private member
    What support? Like the team it was a token gesture.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    I'm with Sean and was goin to start a thread till I seem this.
    Our support needs to grow up. Singing about Craig Thompson hardly lifts our own spirits, never mind the teams. It's poor banter, childish, not funny anymore and cringeworthy.

Summed up in one word its 'classless' and shouldn't be the hibs way.

Agree, pretty depressing..spent the whole time explaining to my son what the words were, what it meant etc. Could see him thinking in an 11 year old way 'WTF does this have to do with supporting Hibs'. Pretty low after the result but on reflection just as depressed about the point in the OP.
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

I half agree with you Sean but there still is a place for these songs at derbies. Its just a shame they often seem to be the most sung, the loudest sung and loads of folk belt them out in preference to our own.

Keep trying though, there's hope.
    Space to let

Whilst I agree that some of the songs were pretty cringeworthy, at least those of us at Tynecastle actually bothered our erses to go through the 'hassle' of getting tickets in the first place.

I'm sure there were plenty folk with reasonable excuses for not being there, financial, travel etc but there were a hell of a lot more who were just desperate for an excuse.

I'm pretty sure seeing a half empty stand was far more of a downer for the players than a song about Craig Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Whilst I agree that some of the songs were pretty cringeworthy, at least those of us at Tynecastle actually bothered our erses to go through the 'hassle' of getting tickets in the first place.

I'm sure there were plenty folk with reasonable excuses for not being there, financial, travel etc but there were a hell of a lot more who were just desperate for an excuse.

I'm pretty sure seeing a half empty stand was far more of a downer for the players than a song about Craig Thompson.
    This

First Team Breakthrough jon paul jones's Avatar
    Hi Sean

its always the same chat with 10-20% doing the singing/watching the game and 80% primarily watching the game expecting another to create the atmosphere to add to their match experience and value. If you are at a home game and are p***ed off with the lack of involvement by fellow fans, either come over to section 42-44 in the east stand and join in. For the more adventurous, stand up and sing. My happy clapper hands are for hire if you need someone to back you up in another section and want to test the water so to speak.

First Team Breakthrough jon paul jones's Avatar
    I need a new laptop...firkin buttons.

Anyhoo, I sit in section 43 but dont sing the Thomson song or wallace mercer because it isnt hibs class. Not saying that it doesnt have its place but there are plenty of toons to get the place rocking. i take a break and rest the lungs before launching into the next song.

Sean, 12th man, myself and others are always looking for different ways to encourage fan participation. Happy to help if you want to pitch any. PM me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jon paul jones View Post
    I need a new laptop...firkin buttons.

Anyhoo, I sit in section 43 but dont sing the Thomson song or wallace mercer because it isnt hibs class. Not saying that it doesnt have its place but there are plenty of toons to get the place rocking. i take a break and rest the lungs before launching into the next song.

Sean, 12th man, myself and others are always looking for different ways to encourage fan participation. Happy to help if you want to pitch any. PM me if you want.
    This!

We have almost completely eradicated this classless pish from the standing section at Easter Road but it's not surprising they get trotted out at the Pink Palace. I could only watch recorded highlights but I thought I heard the odd Hibs song yesterday??

Let's move on. We have some important games between now and the end of the season and we need to keep our support united.

We are all hurting right now but we need to put yesterday behind us and focus on United and plans for the Cup Semi

GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

I have to disagree with you on this post, I wasnt at the PBS on Sunday but I do go to ER and I do hear this 'banter' from both sets of support at derbies at ER. This isn't a new thing. I'm all for having a go at our rivals but this gay, peado pish needs to stop. It's a bit sad to be honest. People rightly have a go at the OF for the songs they sing but i think some of the songs being belted out during the derby are not far off that level.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Yesterday I heard:
    Hail hail
    We are Hibernian FC
    Glory glory
    We hate Glasgow Rangers
    Turnbull's tornados
    Ooh to be
    Hibees chants
    And the couple if naughty ones you mention. Just the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    This!

We have almost completely eradicated this classless pish from the standing section at Easter Road but it's not surprising they get trotted out at the Pink Palace. I could only watch recorded highlights but I thought I heard the odd Hibs song yesterday??

Let's move on. We have some important games between now and the end of the season and we need to keep our support united.

We are all hurting right now but we need to put yesterday behind us and focus on United and plans for the Cup Semi

GGTTH
    No lets not move on if this utter p*** is going to continue. It's not just 1 or 2 folk singing this.

The constant singing of song's about paedos (and Mercer) is an absolute embarrassment to the club and if people think saying 'oh you're the song police are you?' makes it alright then you're sadly mistaken. It makes going to away games in particular less than appealing.

I keep reading things from the likes of you saying that this organised singing section has eradicated this type of stuff which is basically lies. There were several references to Mercer in songs at AYR!! That game also featured that new ' I Am the Music Man' tune which has a line about 'I play with children' FFS, about 7/8 times, and it was also sang constantly at one point in the first half yesterday.

I dont give 2 ***** about all these people using all the generic 'political correctness gone mad' arguments or making excuses because it's just daft laddies and we all did the same at their age. No we didnae!!

Those who can influence this type of thing should be re-doubling their efforts to eradicate it.

I thought there was a fair bit of Hibs songs sung yesterday. "nobody seems interested" load of rubbish, when a Hibs song was sung yesterday everyone round me joined in, and you can hear on the highlights it was sung very loud.

Completely agree with Sean. On the whole our 'go to' songbook is p*sh.

Totally agree with Sean

Hibs support has been gash at Tynecastle for the last few years now. Never as "up for it" or loud as it used to be. Maybe its got something to do with our poor derby run but surely that's more reason to make some noise and give the players our backing!

Leigh Griffiths and Tom Soares a couple of times were gave the old arm gestures for everyone to raise the noise levels so obviously the players do notice this as well.

The Craig Thomson does have its place at the derby but for it to be the only song that seemed to be sung in unison by the whole Hibs support for about 8 verses is depressing.

Why the can't the whole support sing a Hibs song i.e we are Hibernian FC, hail hail, Bertie Me song etc. for more than 1 verse!?

Get a grip you quiet
    Last edited by MSK; 19-03-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Swear filter is there for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by WHAM View Post
    Get a grip you quiet
    Last edited by MSK; 19-03-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Quote edited

@hibs.net private member
    Our support was awful yesterday. If only the noise created at the corteo was carried into ground. Our mentality against them is wrong on so many levels; however it's hardly surprising giving our record there.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Yesterday I heard:
    Hail hail
    We are Hibernian FC
    Glory glory
    We hate Glasgow Rangers
    Turnbull's tornados
    Ooh to be
    Hibees chants
    And the couple if naughty ones you mention. Just the usual.
    What tune do you sing that to? It doesn't even rhyme

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

****ing spot on PB.

Its the F***ing Derby, our biggest rivals, the game you look forward to most in the season and we struggled to sell half our allocation out at the PBS, but we can take 3000 + down to Ayr for a cup game, like you it has cost me a wee fortune over the last few weeks supporting Hibs getting tickets for me and my son, petrol money, and the rest you spend your money on going to game's, and do you know what, i will be there at the weekend spending my hard earned cash to go and watch the Hibs again, its what me and the son do at the weekend, SUPPORT THE HIBS.

As you say, yes some of the songs were not pretty, but so what no one died because of these songs, and at least we made the effort to go a long and support the team.

If you couldn't afford it, fair enough, if you couldn't make it due to the stupid kick-off time, fair enough, but if you could make it then you should have been along supporting the team. imo