hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Fed Up Losing To Hearts? Want A Better Team Next Season?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Tried that for the last 30 years other than a couple of blips it failed to work, suppose you never know though it might change next year.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They can stick their ST deal up their arse!

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    "They"?

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Thats the spirit ..seperate the wheat fi the chaf ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    That's the spirit. Don't go, don't provide funds, rant on the Internet and it'll all come good.

Great post:rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    That's the spirit. Don't go, don't provide funds, rant on the Internet and it'll all come good.

Great post:rolleyes

It beggars belief why so many moan about lack of quality, but they wont back the club financially
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

It beggars belief why so many moan about lack of quality, but they wont back the club financially
    It beggars belief how poor we have been for nearly 3 years, with very little improvement.
    It beggars belief our record in the debry not just recent form but for 135 years bar a few blips.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

I've had a season ticket for years but i'm not renewing next year as it'll work out cheaper for me to pay at the gate every game i go to, i'll still moan about the lack of quality though.

Clubs on a smaller budget than we've got find better quality players so if Fenlon can improve us next season then i might sign up the next again year, it's a two way thing though, relying on blind faith isn't going to get the punters back.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy

You could argue that the club are backed more in terms of finance and support than atleast 7 or so of the other SPL clubs and have been for years... yet here we are with a horrible record against our rivals and sitting 2nd bottom of the league.

Edit*

May have mis-read your post. Anyhoo onwards and upwards, will be paying for my season ticket next week.

What I was saying is we need fans to bite the bullet and renew season tickets, or lapsed fans to buy one, so that Pat Fenlon has a budget to bring "quality" in.......Would be great if even a third of the additional semi final or final fans were to give the Club their money, but hey ho....

Personally, I wouldn't go criticising people who may have backed the club financially for years or decades, who haven't seen any return whatsoever for their money, but are expected, yet again, to stump up £400, in difficult times, on the basis of some half-baked possibility that THIS TIME it will make a difference.

What I was saying is we need fans to bite the bullet and renew season tickets, or lapsed fans to buy one, so that Pat Fenlon has a budget to bring "quality" in.......Would be great if even a third of the additional semi final or final fans were to give the Club their money, but hey ho....
    Agreed Baldy. But just as much, we need Sir Tom Farmer to lengthen his arms and shorten his pockets.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Aye, i know what you mean but i'd like Fenlon to improve the squad by finding better players on the lower budget like other clubs do and then when he's done that the team will be better so more people will come back and he'll earn a bigger budget.

I'm confident he will do that.

Aye it's done wonders so far, over the past couple of years, to help us finish ahead of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone and St Mirren, when all these teams have much less resources than we have and about half the fanbase as well but yet they consistently outplay us on the pitch.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    100% spot on.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I've 'bitten the bullet' for the last four seasons. Won't be doing it for a fifth.

You could just as well argue that if everyone renews their season ticket again, the club won't see any reason to change the way it's gone about things on the managerial / playing side in recent years. And no this isn't a pop at Fenlon, who, IMO, is doing the best he can in extremely trying circumstances. Nor is it a call for a boycott. It is, however, a pop at the way the club has been run for at least the last five years.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    100% spot on.
    100% spot on if we all have money to burn: not if we have to choose what to spend money on IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Aye it's done wonders so far, over the past couple of years, to help us finish ahead of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone and St Mirren, when all these teams have much less resources than we have and about half the fanbase as well but yet they consistently outplay us on the pitch.
    THIS is the real issue.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I've had a season ticket for years but i'm not renewing next year as it'll work out cheaper for me to pay at the gate every game i go to, i'll still moan about the lack of quality though.

Clubs on a smaller budget than we've got find better quality players so if Fenlon can improve us next season then i might sign up the next again year, it's a two way thing though, relying on blind faith isn't going to get the punters back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't go criticising people who may have backed the club financially for years or decades, who haven't seen any return whatsoever for their money, but are expected, yet again, to stump up £400, in difficult times, on the basis of some half-baked possibility that THIS TIME it will make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Aye, i know what you mean but i'd like Fenlon to improve the squad by finding better players on the lower budget like other clubs do and then when he's done that the team will be better so more people will come back and he'll earn a bigger budget.

I'm confident he will do that.

Folk are going to have to start questioning the club rather than continually trying to guilt-trip the fans. Aside from the fact that we've been mince for a few years, this year's ST offer is less valuable than a £20 membership and choosing games to a lot of supporters.

To quote Pat Fenlon

"Season ticket members are the bread and butter of the football club. They are what the club is about. They allow the football club to be able to look forward to next season and plan what I can spend on the team. Season ticket members are how the club goes from day to day and that should never be forgotten by anyone. They are the people that actually put their hands in their pockets early no matter what happens and are willing to stand up at the start of the season and back their club, and I know why - because that's what it means to them. Most supporters will understand when times are tough, and will stick at it through thick and thin. They are the people I want to do well for, because they are the people that suffer. Thet are the people that celebrate. I want to thank them for standing up for their club in recent times. I know it's a difficult time, and I know it's their football club. At the end of the day, they will dictate how much we move forward as a club. I understand it is difficult and times are harder for everybody. But right now, it really is about the supporters of this football club and their great affinity with Hibernian."

Fair summation from Pat Fenlon...........
    Last edited by Baldy Foghorn; 18-03-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Nice attempt, Mikey but after yet another derby let down with our SPL status next year still in so much doubt I doubt many will choose to purchase an ST based on that!

I realise the club need money to replace the players that have been dumped but if only it were as easy as a lot of people buying Season Tickets.

If we buy 10,000 Season Tickets and the club are STILL cr*p, does everybody get their money back?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Folk are going to have to start questioning the club rather than continually trying to guilt-trip the fans. Aside from the fact that we've been mince for a few years, this year's ST offer is less valuable than a £20 membership and choosing games to a lot of supporters.
    The other issue is that we are by no means guaranteed spl football next season, 4 pts is not a big gap and we no longer have a game in hand. Season tickets are being marketed as if there is no danger of us going down, what happens if we get relegated? Do I get a refund on my £405 as the first division certainly isn't worth that for a season ticket (neither is the spl mind you)?

To quote Pat Fenlon

"Season ticket members are the bread and butter of the football club. They are what the club is about. They allow the football club to be able to look forward to next season and plan what I can spend on the team. Season ticket members are how the club goes from day to day and that should never be forgotten by anyone. They are the people that actually put their hands in their pockets early no matter what happens and are willing to stand up at the start of the season and back their club, and I know why - because that's what it means to them. Most supporters will understand when times are tough, and will stick at it through thick and thin. They are the people I want to do well for, because they are the people that suffer. Thet are the people that celebrate. I want to thank them for standing up for their club in recent times. I know it's a difficult time, and I know it's their football club. At the end of the day, they will dictate how much we move forward as a club. I understand it is difficult and times are harder for everybody. But right now, it really is about the supporters of this football club and their great affinity with Hibernian."

Fair summation from Par Fenlon...........
    The manager has to source "quality" players on the budget he has. For examples look at Motherwell and St John. The players recruited have to show effort, organisation, skill, commitment and will to win.
    If the manager and players do this the fans will turnout, Fair summation

Went to the game today, and the strange thing is am not really that bothered about getting beat. Im usually raging after a derby defeat but don't think I'll go back for ages now, I've another interest and will spend the cash on that.

Call it turning your back on the club or whatever you want, but I've not got money to burn on something that am not enjoying anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    The other issue is that we are by no means guaranteed spl football next season, 4 pts is not a big gap and we no longer have a game in hand. Season tickets are being marketed as if there is no danger of us going down, what happens if we get relegated? Do I get a refund on my £405 as the first division certainly isn't worth that for a season ticket (neither is the spl mind you)?
    That's the thing that I'm wondering about.

They cannot possibly sell season tickets for the same price if we end up in the first division next season. It's still highly possible that we'll be relegated, Dunfermline are only 4 points behind, still need to play us again, which if they win will mean that they'll only need to make up 2 points on us to overtake us.

When you think that there's still 8 games left to play, it's still far too close to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantic View Post
    Went to the game today, and the strange thing is am not really that bothered about getting beat. Im usually raging after a derby defeat but don't think I'll go back for ages now, I've another interest and will spend the cash on that.

Call it turning your back on the club or whatever you want, but I've not got money to burn on something that am not enjoying anymore.
    Is it legal?

Left by mutual consent!
    Trolling?!