hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar

How can I watch the derby this Sunday?

Hi. Is it possible to "buy" just the derby on the new Hibs tv service? If not, can anyone point me in the direction of a legal alternative? Bet365 etc? I have a mac and watching online somehow is my only option here in Brazil.

Would appreciate any help or advice on this.

Thanks everyone.

GG

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Any websites which possibly have live streaming of the game?

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any websites which possibly have live streaming of the game?
    Try ########. It's a paid for service but not sure of legality. Mods feel free to delete if you know otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeesjoe View Post
    Try ########. It's a paid for service but not sure of legality. Mods feel free to delete if you know otherwise.
    Can't be legal. They get around it by saying that you can use their service if you're entitled to. So for instance say you have a Sky Sports subscription you can pay them to provide you with an Internet stream showing a Sky Sports event. Dodgy.

Yup, my original post was careful to say "legal" links. :-) thanks for the suggestion though. All help appreciated!

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Bought the matchfrom hibs tv. A first for me. Hope its decent
    Kicking it in Wellington .

are there any channels that show only the Hibs playing/ that means I would not worry about our keeper picking the ball oot o' his net. cant get to the game.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Hi. Is it possible to "buy" just the derby on the new Hibs tv service? If not, can anyone point me in the direction of a legal alternative? Bet365 etc? I have a mac and watching online somehow is my only option here in Brazil.

Thanks everyone.

GG
    Since they made the cuts to our International live match service, its no longer possible to pay for one match. Cheapest option is the 9.99 pound for 2 months (3 games). But this no longer comes with HibsTV commentary Also unless you then cancel it , you will have a recurring charge of 6.99 per month for nothing (unless ESPN/Sky/Alba happen to show a bottom 6 match invoving Hibs (unlikely). Its ridiculous that fans on holiday cannot buy one match any more. Along with the season ticket fiasco it shows how out of touch the Directors of Hibernian football club are with supporters, and how unwilling they are to consult with us.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    Since they made the cuts to our International live match service, its no longer possible to pay for one match. Cheapest option is the 9.99 pound for 2 months (3 games). But this no longer comes with HibsTV commentary Also unless you then cancel it , you will have a recurring charge of 6.99 per month for nothing (unless ESPN/Sky/Alba happen to show a bottom 6 match invoving Hibs (unlikely). Its ridiculous that fans on holiday cannot buy one match any more. Along with the season ticket fiasco it shows how out of touch the Directors of Hibernian football club are with supporters, and how unwilling they are to consult with us.
    Booked the 9.99 job. Canceling it on Monday after the game for exactly. This reason. Its like they are trying to put you off sometimes.
    Kicking it in Wellington .

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar

Thanks everyone.

GG
    You can usually see all televised SPL matches on bet365 if you're outside of the UK. Can't say I've ever tried it from Brazil, though. You just need to have money in your account (i.e., a penny or more), but if you don't already use bet365 then you'll need to stick in at least £5 as that's the minimum deposit. However, you can then stick £4.99 on the Cabbage and still have access to all their live video.

One thing to bear in mind is that the video is quite small, and there isn't a full screen option. I've seen various ways of sneakily making it bigger, but I've never tried. (Just zooming in using your internet browser doesn't work, it's smarter than that.)

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    One thing to bear in mind is that the video is quite small, and there isn't a full screen option. I've seen various ways of sneakily making it bigger, but I've never tried. (Just zooming in using your internet browser doesn't work, it's smarter than that.)

Have you tried moving your head closer to the screen?

Works for me every time

Yup, my original post was careful to say "legal" links. :-) thanks for the suggestion though. All help appreciated!
    The game is being shown here on ESPN UK. Have you checked to see if it is being streamed on the Brazilian ESPN3 website?

In the US, it is being shown on Fox Soccer and streaming on the Fox Soccer website. Have you checked the Latin American Fox Sports equivalents?
    Last edited by NYHibby; 15-03-2012 at 07:26 AM.

It's not that small, I think it's fine (if you watch it on 'in-play' option it's tiny I agree); and at least it streams usually really well.

Some of the 'free' or 'illegal' sites has annoying adverts popping up all the time, so bet365 at least has a clean stream.

Coaching Staff

Thanks everyone.

GG
    Facetime me, and perhaps I can point my phone at the TV?

Best going to a pub if you can't make it.. I'm gonna guzzle a few pints during the game, and, depending on the result will have a good few after.:pfgwa

Left by mutual consent!

Thanks everyone.

GG
    Sent you a pm mate.

Thanks a million for all the interest and help. I really appreciate it. Will check out the options suggested, including the ESPN here. There are 2 ESPN Brazil channels, but they only show games from England, France, spain and Germany. Will have a look to see if there is a 3rd option website. Right now though, it's looking like a cheeky wee facetime conference call with steakbake!!!

Will check my pms just now too.

Thanks again to all!!

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    It's not that small, I think it's fine (if you watch it on 'in-play' option it's tiny I agree); and at least it streams usually really well.

Some of the 'free' or 'illegal' sites has annoying adverts popping up all the time, so bet365 at least has a clean stream.
    The streams are always good, yes, but to me the size is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by NYHibby View Post
    The game is being shown here on ESPN UK. Have you checked to see if it is being streamed on the Brazilian ESPN3 website?

In the US, it is being shown on Fox Soccer and streaming on the Fox Soccer website. Have you checked the Latin American Fox Sports equivalents?
    Fox Soccer are showing it? Is that for sure? And can you just go on the fox soccer website and watch it without a subscription or anything then? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post
    Fox Soccer are showing it? Is that for sure? And can you just go on the fox soccer website and watch it without a subscription or anything then? Cheers.
    It will be on Fox Soccer Plus, not the regular Fox Soccer Channel. Check your cable/satellite provider to find out about subscribing to that, but you're likely going to have to buy the sports package to get it.

Online, you'll likely have to sign up for Fox Soccer 2 go http://www.foxsoccer2go.com/ for $20 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLA View Post
    It will be on Fox Soccer Plus, not the regular Fox Soccer Channel. Check your cable/satellite provider to find out about subscribing to that, but you're likely going to have to buy the sports package to get it.

Online, you'll likely have to sign up for Fox Soccer 2 go http://www.foxsoccer2go.com/ for $20 per month.
    Ah, I see. I live in dorms, so can't really call my cable provider or anything. Which sucks.

I guess I'll just have to get up at 8.30 and find a crappy stream online somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post
    Ah, I see. I live in dorms, so can't really call my cable provider or anything. Which sucks.

I guess I'll just have to get up at 8.30 and find a crappy stream online somewhere.
    You're the guy who plays D3 on Long Island right? I think you'll find the game starts at 8:00 your time. There is a four hour difference right now.

The streams are always good, yes, but to me the size is annoying.
    yeah, so the wife keeps saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    yeah, so the wife keeps saying.

Ah, so YOU'RE the PeeWee she's always telling me about...

vip stand?? is it illegal? if it is I had no idea, can anyone explain why are these site are deemed illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    vip stand?? is it illegal? if it is I had no idea, can anyone explain why are these site are deemed illegal?
    They're deemed illegal because they are offering a product that another company has bought the rights to.

Quote Originally Posted by NYHibby View Post
    You're the guy who plays D3 on Long Island right? I think you'll find the game starts at 8:00 your time. There is a four hour difference right now.
    Nah, I play DII at Queens College.

Yeah I actually thought it was a 12.45 kick off, just found out today that it was 12. Looks like I'll be up at 7.45!

Trying to find someone who has Sky who's details I could use for Sky Go. Cos we have virgin at home. I mean, I will be able to find it online, but Sky Go will be a better stream.

First Team Breakthrough
    Any child friendly boozers with decent food I can take my kids to down in Leith and watch the game ?