hibs.net Messageboard

Meeting of the ten

Did today's meeting of the ten SPL clubs not from Glasgow happen?
    Any news from the tache?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Don't get me wrong, because I'm all for the ten 'wee clubs' ganging up against the duopoly of the ugly sisters, but, given that the meeting was called in the light of Rangers' situation, I don't understand the legitemacy of their action in leaving out Celtic. As a bona fide member of the league ( albeit with a disproportionately large self interest ) is a meeting without them viable in these circumstances?

Rangers and Celtic always meet before SPL meetings to agree a common position. This is no different.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rangers and Celtic always meet before SPL meetings to agree a common position. This is no different.
    This.

Celtic weren't there because they would ultimately back up the way things are just now. Their fans would never admit to it, but Celtic would vote a Rangers straight back into the league.

There were comments on a football phone in the other day regarding this, and one guy made a valid point imo, that it suits the OF to meet up about joined shirt sponsorship deals (carling) and not include the rest, they also meet up for talks about going down south whenever they fancy it, without giving two hoots about the rest of us. So for that reason I think we should be excluding Celtic as they dont only have their own best interests at heart. Im sure most folk on here are sick to death of hearing about how Celtic need Rangers, the rest need the OF, which we do, but it doesnt need to be so much in their favour, cos as it stands, they have the upper hand at every turn, TV, sponsors, League and cups(normally), which will only leave us in this staus-quo.
    Last edited by beensaidbefore; 12-03-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: spelling

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    This.

Celtic weren't there because they would ultimately back up the way things are just now. Their fans would never admit to it, but Celtic would vote a Rangers straight back into the league.
    Siamese tw*ts

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    There were comments on a football phone in the other day regarding this, and one guy made a valid point imo, that it suits the OF to meet up about joined shirt sponsorship deals (carling) and not include the rest, they also meet up for talks about going down south whenever they fancy it, without giving two hoots about the rest of us. So for that reason I think we should be excluding Celtic as they dont only have their own best interests at heart. Im sure most folk on here are sick to death of hearing about how Celtic need Rangers, the rest need the OF, which we do, but it doesnt need to be so much in their favour, cos as it stands, they have the upper hand at every turn, TV, sponsors, League and cups(normally), which will only leave us in this staus-quo.
    T'was me and I believe we have every legitimacy we need to have a meeting with who the heck we want and exclude who the hell we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    T'was me and I believe we have every legitimacy we need to have a meeting with who the heck we want and exclude who the hell we want.

Heard it too - excellent stuff, well done.

PS mind playing tricks - are you the guy in Nigeria??? Or was that the next caller?

Either way, was an excellent point well made.

Scottish football can get back to being Scottish (and about football) when we finally send the OF packing in their 17th Century conflict battlebus to infect someone else's country. We'll look back and think "why did we put up with that out of date guff for so long"…it's been 60 years minimum since that nonsense was even remotely relevant, times move on, countries move on, people move on, and those two behemoths need to die off to let sporting values flourish again.

I was with you anyway!!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the non old squirm clubs will finally vote against the bigot brothers

after the first 5-star hotel has opened on the moon

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I don't think there was a day given, just said the 10 would be meeting this week.

I also think celtic are part of the problem and as somebody mentioned we're never invited to the of's little meetings so stuff them
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I don't think there was a day given, just said the 10 would be meeting this week.

I also think celtic are part of the problem and as somebody mentioned we're never invited to the of's little meetings so stuff them
    Surely Hearts, as one of the 'big three', should be invited.................

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Thanks Springbank, currently sitting in BA lounge at Edinburgh airport on way to Lagos, so guess that was me too :-)

@hibs.net private member
    Although Lawwell will not be at the meeting I know he spent Saturday evening in St Andrews with Directors of another club. Doubtless he managed to influence their thinking and Rangers will come straight back in to SPL at either our or Dunfermline's expense.

Left by mutual consent!
    Probably be a lot of hot air followed by a lot of broken glass again.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Although Lawwell will not be at the meeting I know he spent Saturday evening in St Andrews with Directors of another club. Doubtless he managed to influence their thinking and Rangers will come straight back in to SPL at either our or Dunfermline's expense.
    Who bottled it the last time?
    IIRC, it was Livi (wee Celtc at the time) and either Killie or 'Well (can't remember which but both wee Rankers at the time I think)

.................. and expecting more of the same this time around I'm sad to say.