hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Claros what do ...............

Claros what do you think?

I was not there yesterday and have only seen him 3 times, I have not been overly impressed.
    There is No doubt he can play football but for me he just does not get involved enough, he can appear to go missing for long periods of the game.

I am not having a pop as he is a player I just wondered what others think of his overall contribution.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    I brink he's a cut above anything else we have, I also think he makes players around him perform better as he can put his foot on the ball and slow the game down a bit letting the midfield re-group.

I think he will be extremely important next week as we will need someone with a bit of experience and composure in the middle of the park.

Keeps it simple, rarely gives the ball away, gets stuck in when he has to without going flying into tackles needlessly, can pick out a special pass when its on.

He'll do for me.

He's rarely more than five yards away anytime Osborne's on the ball. Always offering and good in possession; the type you might not notice for a full 90 minutes but we'd miss him if he wasn't there. A lot.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    He's composed, skillful, a good passer and a hard worker. I'd like to see him stay on the ball a bit more though, he tends to pass rather than take the ball forward which is frustrating for someone who looks like they're more than capable of doing it, it looks as though he's been asked to play deep though so it's probably tactical. He'll probably look even better as he adjusts to the game here so hopefully there are exciting things to come.

Good to hear guys the games I saw maybe he was still settling in.

We had another player who rarely gave the ball away, kept it very simple and could slow the game down.
    That was an auld Murdo McLeod I think we maybe won a cup when he was here can we do it again

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Definitely a good player, but still lacking match fitness and the tempo of the Scottish game.
    Had a great 1st half yesterday but disappeared in the 2nd

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    On a bad day he is like a good Kevin McBride. On a good day I suspect he belongs in a better team than ours, but right now he is our player so we should take advantage of that. Not sure that where he is playing just now is where he is used to playing but he looks composed and looks for a pass rather than a hoof.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    In fairness, after we got the second goal, I thought most of the team went missing and took the foot off the gas. Honduran football is slower paced and more expansive and it'll take time for him to adjust, not three or four games. The main thing is, he's a good player, neat, tidy, doesn't seem to misplace many balls and his positional sense is very good. At the minute, Hibs don't play through him very much but that'll come with more confidence, lots to lok forward to I suspect.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I thought he played well yesterday and no way have we seen the best of him yet
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Been quality last few games, really like him.

By far the most technically accomplished player in the squad.Appears bemused at playing with players who do not take up proper positions for return passes or when they do are unable to control the ball.

Coaching Staff
    Tidy, effective, keeps possession well and rarely misplaces a pass. In a Makalele type role which has seen Osbourne and Soares get forward more to link up with forwards (and score). Given he has limited English his progress has been quite superb, coming into a side low in confidence, half the team all new, and no real team relationship with the players. And it's no surprise that he is bringing out the best in wee Lewis too......playing beside better players makes you a better player yourself. McPake/Kujabi and Hanlon is another example of this.

The spine of the team looks more resilient and workmanlike.

What was noticeable yesterday was that from the first whistle they chased and harried, all wanting the ball. Similar to last week against St Mirren. His are pressing teams and making them play the ball quicker, not giving them time to settle. This means that Claros, Stevenson and Osbourne are seeing a lot more of the ball in games. Compare possession stats under a Calderwood team and a Fenlon team......I think it's night and day.

All of PF's signings in January have had a positive impact on the side and I'm impressed how well he and the management team have done to get them gelled and hitting the ground running.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I tend to agree with the OP in that Claros never seems to do very much in a game. His passing is tidy enough but yesterday he never seemed to have any significant impact in the game.

Maybe he is the Hibs classic of the guy who does the unseen work in which case I never seen it.

Still I agree our overall performances have improved since the new players.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By far the most technically accomplished player in the squad.Appears bemused at playing with players who do not take up proper positions for return passes or when they do are unable to control the ball.
    This

I find it quite interesting that many of the attributes rightly listed in this thread could also apply to Lewis and yet there are still some who say he's not good enough
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This

I find it quite interesting that many of the attributes rightly listed in this thread could also apply to Lewis and yet there are still some who say he's not good enough
    Lewis is that good that the Stevenson role should now be recognised in the same vein as the Matty Jack role

Has he filled the Matty Jack role?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Lewis is that good that the Stevenson role should now be recognised in the same vein as the Matty Jack role
    Great minds

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    He's a much better player than the ones we had before i.e. Scott, Palsson, Thornhill.

First Team Breakthrough Hibbylad86's Avatar
    Solid player whose best work will go unnoticed. He has been quality the last few games, more to come though. Better than we have had in recent past

It's a shame Ozzy is out on Sunday. Him, Claros and Stevenson have been great recently.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: O7 titch 62
    He sprays 40/50 yard passes about effortlessly looks a class player to me

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Positional play is very good as he reads the game well and also has decent passing ability both short adn long. He isnt the most athletic in the world however is a big player for Hibs and will only get better with more games. The derby will be a wake up call for him however think he will do well.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Class.

I've used that word a few times when he has played - so much so that my 8 year old daughter has corrected me a couple of times by pointing out his name is Claros and not Class. I've just told her that the "ro" in Spanish are silent - like the "k" in "know" in English - and its pronounced Class. She accepted that quite happily but I'm feeling slightly guilty now as I'm pretty sure she's going to end up correcting someone at school with the "fact" on Spanish pronunciation that her Dad has told her. Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    He's rarely more than five yards away anytime Osborne's on the ball. Always offering and good in possession; the type you might not notice for a full 90 minutes but we'd miss him if he wasn't there. A lot.
    Unseen work alert!

First Team Regular GREEN WARLORD's Avatar
    What he does in games is very tidy, however i think there could be more penetration into opposition defences, if he was played a further 10 -15 yards up field. He can certainly pick a pass, so lets see more defence spliting ones with the likes of Griffiths hitting the channels. Get it sorted Pat

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GREEN WARLORD View Post
    What he does in games is very tidy, however i think there could be more penetration into opposition defences, if he was played a further 10 -15 yards up field. He can certainly pick a pass, so lets see more defence spliting ones with the likes of Griffiths hitting the channels. Get it sorted Pat
    Funny you say that, i think playing that bit deeper is one of the reasons we are looking a bit more solid at the back.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Funny you say that, i think playing that bit deeper is one of the reasons we are looking a bit more solid at the back.
    Agree. Even then though Claros will probably click one day that if he just kept the ball himself and took people on he'd get away with it here.

@hibs.net private member
    Impressed enough with him. Think there is still a bit more to come as he can pick a pass as many others have said. Think the team has stiffened up in midfield since his arrival. Just need the team to find the back of the net more often with the better defence and midfield. We are a better team which hasn't been reflected in results yet.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    I like the way we've progressed. Get tight and stay tight at the back. Close down more in midfield and frustrate the opponent. Create more chances from open play. Be more clinical.

I believe we are at the create more/clinical stage and can't wait till it all clicks in place!