hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The longest odds you've ever won??

I'm just back from making my weekly donation to the bookie. I daresay by 5pm tomorrow, my hard earned £5 will be gathering dust in his healthy bank account, but it got me thinking, what's the longest odds bet you've had come off, be it a single, double, accumulator, whatever.

I got £40 off £2.50 once, so I guess that's about 15/1. Not my biggest win in money terms, but my biggest in terms of odds against it happening.

Now my accumulators generally come in at anything between 6 and 10 to 1. Rarely does anything much ever actually come into my pocket, but that's the way the cookie crumbles as they say!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I got an 810/1 accumulator up once.

And yes, I only had a quid on it

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I once won £1500 odd from a £20 treble........by accident. I meant to take Man Utd to beat Fulham at home but put a "2" down by mistake. The guy at Corals told me I was the only punter to back Fulham with orals that day. They were 10/1.

The best bit is, I'd crumpled up the cupon and chucked on the floor and my flat mate at the time picked it up a few hours later and told me it was a winner. If he hadn't done that, I'd never have claimed it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Took one at 876000/1 last week, but the very fact that I'm typing this from my house tells you how successful it was.

Was based on 25 of the round 1 matches at the WGC Championship in Arizona last week - 21/25 wasn't terrible, but it might has well have been 0/25!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just back from making my weekly donation to the bookie. I daresay by 5pm tomorrow, my hard earned £5 will be gathering dust in his healthy bank account, but it got me thinking, what's the longest odds bet you've had come off, be it a single, double, accumulator, whatever.

I got £40 off £2.50 once, so I guess that's about 15/1. Not my biggest win in money terms, but my biggest in terms of odds against it happening.

Now my accumulators generally come in at anything between 6 and 10 to 1. Rarely does anything much ever actually come into my pocket, but that's the way the cookie crumbles as they say!!
    My best win in terms of odds was when Deeks scored that penalty at the PBS when we won 1-0. It was a 66/1 shot, my stake was only a quid mind. Still it was a lovely wee bonus on top of winning with a "reserve" team hahaha

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Had a £5 double at the horses , 16-1 and 9-1 , got £725 back , couple of years ago also won £900 for a 5 dollar stake at the poker [winning a tournament in ladbrokes]
    ggtth
    Last edited by erin go bragh; 02-03-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Won 7777 Euros on the German lottery once. With a 5 Euro stake that probably makes the odds about 1500/1 Nice wee luxury holiday without tapping into my bank account.

My first ever bet was a 14 team accumulator.

114/1 and put a quid on it.

Thought betting was easy, oh how things change

ive had a few bigger poker wins but £5 e/w on greece to win the euros at 80s is probably my proudest betting moment.

i stupidly said to the missus,in the semis, that if greece win ill take you on holiday. 1 week all-inc in bulgaria for a tenner wasnae bad tho!!

Had a fiver ew on Sol Campbell @ 50's in the Champions League Final for Arsenal v Barca, got £385 back.

Backed Little Polvier ew @ 50's when it won the '89 Grand National, I think it was returned @ 28's.

Had a few accas return about £500 quid over the years.

Had a £1 Lucky15 at Aintree a few years ago, 3 winners out of 4 returned £750ish.

Had 4 Ante post bets on the last World Cup, got a return from 3, Spain to win it, Spain to play Holland in The Final and David Villa ew top scorer.

I think I've only ever backed Scott Brown as first scorer 3 times and he has scored first each time!
    20's for Hibs at Parkhead
    14's @ Motherwell in the 6-2 game
    12's for Celtic away to St Mirren not long after he signed for them.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 02-03-2012 at 09:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    I am a dreadful gambler. My longest odds win would be a 20ish-1 4-fold on the QF 2nd legs of last year's Champions League - I was roundly mocked for backing Schalke, well all I can say is :giruy:

Unfortunately as I watched the Champions League games in question in one of Cambridge's many scandalously-priced hostelries, 3 pints and a burger set me back more than my £20 winnings. I suppose the conclusion might be that I should have bet more than a quid, however since betting every week for over 3 years has seen me win precisely twice, I reckon I'll stick to my £1 rule.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Once won £50 having put £50 on Chelsea to win at Even money. Got tip for Diamond Harry to win the Hennesey at 18/1 on Betfair, knew nothing about it at all but put the bet on via the pubs online account, thought I had put my £50 profit onto win, and hit the roof when it did. went in to collect the money and found that I'd put on £50 EW by mistake and walked with @£1200, never actually left the pub with that mind.

Robbie Fowler last minute goal gave me £3450 for a £10 acci

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Got John Terry for first scorer in a fa cup tie a few years ago at 50-1, and have had two or three football accumulators returning around £700 for £5 stakes, but I've only managed that about three times in the last five years.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Picked the first 5 winners at Royal Ascot last year. £1 each way returned £1133.

I feel there should be a special shout for the folk on here that backed Hibs to win 3-0 at Ibrox on Betfair the last time we managed that! Pity I wasn't one of them!

First Team Breakthrough
    3-1 parkhead back in mowbray times with 1st goal scorer

think it was roughly 190-1. £1 on it

It was a good day

Went to Carl Cox at the Barra's that night and spent double that

What a weekend

@hibs.net private member
    50/1 on the 3-2 game against celtic a few years back, the one where the Wholey Goalie stuffed up a few times. I have to confess that it wan`t my bet tho. i always put a pound on for my kids and they had both said 3-2 to Hibs!

Best thing (apart from getting £100 back) was that Hibs started to attack after Deano had scored the third and my youngest was jumping on his seat and screaming "kick it out" lol

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    1800/1 on a 16 team accumulator tomorrow returning £9005 should it come good

*£5 placed after finding a £10 earlier on today, might I add, so I'm already £5 up!
    Last edited by Sylar; 02-03-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

My 2 biggest are I had £1 on Birmingham to beat Sheff Utd 4-0 last month at 50/1. I went to the mussie races once and put £1 e/w on a 66/1 shot and it romped home :)

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    I had 120/1 on De La Cruz and 2-1 v Hearts a few years back. I remember McManus going one on one in the last minute to make it 3-1. I think he must have had the bet as well because he put it out for a throw in!!

Won a 60/1 on Jan 1st last year then a 80/1 2 days later. Most Iv won was £220 with a £20 free bet on 365. Only got the free bet because I put 20 on over 2.5 goals on one site and 20 on under 2.5 on another site because I was guaranteed a tenner profit. Decent

Ashamed to say my two biggest coupon wins have had one with Hibs getting beat off Ross County in the replay in Dingwall £10 returned £1900 on a 5 team acca. Then had hibs and hearts to win against the Old firm had a couple of even money teams thrown in 4 team acca that paid £2500 so roughly 250/1 and 190/1 both made me happy though

Had £10 each way on Rob Jones to score 1st in the League Cup Final @ 20/1...not my biggest win, but one of the most celebrated.

550/1(£1 stake) is my best bet. Accumulator and it came in the last saturday before christmas(very handy). Can't even remember the bet tbh....just the ££££

My best Hibs bets funnily enough have both come at the national stadium(the only two times i have laid a bet there)

Scorecast for Hibs v Livingston in the 2001 SC semi. O'neill for first goal and Hibs 3-0. Came in for £1 stake at around 125/1(if memory serves me...).

The other one was CIS 2007 Cup Final. Wasn't too fussed for a bet but noticed Rob Jones had moved out to 20/1 for 1st goal. He had been 12-14/1 for weeks due to scoring a few for us but went through a wee dry run just before the final. I think it was 20/1. Of course he scores 1st and I had a tenner laid on

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    In December 2009 my Xbox packed up and I needed £239 for the package I wanted to replace it. Made up a 14 team acca and put something like £1.56 on it so it would exactly win what I needed. My one and only big coupon victory.

Quote Originally Posted by scotiaf View Post
    3-1 parkhead back in mowbray times with 1st goal scorer

think it was roughly 190-1. £1 on it

It was a good day

Went to Carl Cox at the Barra's that night and spent double that

What a weekend
    That must've been the single bet because my biggest odds win by far came on that very game.
    Gary O to score first and Hibs to win 3-1 at Smeltic Park, 550/1 scorecast. Had £2 on it and returned £1102.

Remember watching the scores coming in on SSN whilst enjoying a libation in the Coopers Rest - even the Celtic fans were hoping for full time. I did buy a round for the pub as consolation to them though!
    The next week I took the (now) Mrs off for a fortnight to Domincan as a last minute booking - I must've still been high on adrenaline because that's where I proposed - who says you cant buy a quality ring from the "looky looky" men!

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Had a few decent efforts in my time;

Andy Dow 1st goal scorer and 1-0 at the PBS @ 50/1 = £100.00 return.

4 draws from the lower leagues which I had £5 on which returned circa £600.00.

FA Cup Final a few years back, Cantona 1st goal scorer & 1-0 Man U V Liverpool returned £180.00 (which I actually dreamt the night before).

Got a tip from a friend who worked for the Old Bill at New Scotland Yard in London that a certain horse would be"trying" in a race in Ireland, the odds where 50/1 and I stuck £25 E/W - it won by a mile.

Had a few sore ones which really done me over the years, the biggest was Newcastle equalising against Arsenal around 15 years ago (Anelka opened the scoring at St James Park, some bald headed guy scored for Newcastle late on) which cost me a fortune = £10 on 8 away results (a 3/1, 4/1 & 5/1 included in the 8 aways) - I was gutted for about a week.

Also, when I worked in London a few years ago one of the "locals" in the bookies I frequented won £28,000.00 on a football coupon - not sure what his wager was in the 1st instance but he was seriously into a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I feel there should be a special shout for the folk on here that backed Hibs to win 3-0 at Ibrox on Betfair the last time we managed that! Pity I wasn't one of them!
    I'd £4 on us to beat Der Hun 2-0 @ 50/1 in THAT Ivan game...
    92 mins gone, and the £££s almost in the bank. Hibs break up the park, the fans are on their feet as our new 2 Bob signing rounds the keeper-and I'm the only **** in that wee corner shouting "MISS IT YA ****".... The rest as they say is history!

Not quite a story in keeping with the thread-but my therapist still tells me I should share my burden.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    5 numbers on the lottery. 1800 spondulicks. does this count as "odds"?

worst thing was, i had the 6th number in there and changed it. if i hadn't, i would have won 20 million and people would have been cursing me for not spending more on buying players and not STF. hahahaha