hibs.net Messageboard

Union Berlin tickets - help required.

I'm going to be in Berlin on April 7th, and Union Berlin are playing the mighty FC Erzebirge Aue. There's a chance I'll be free to go to the game (it's my girlfriend's Dad's 60th birthday trip away, and her/her family aren't into football in the slightest, so who knows!!).

I spreche exactly bugger all Deutsch, so does anyone know the rough costs/on-the-day availability of these, or do these need to be bought in advance? I can find a couple of ticket office contacts online, but I daresay these would lead to a prolonged e-mail chain in either Google Translate German, or pigeon English, neither of which promise to be the most productive.

All help appreciated.

Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NRW_Hibbie's Avatar
    The club's website is in German only but the page linked below shows the different ticket prices (€10 for the cheapest standing ticket; €26 for the most expensive seat).

http://www.fc-union-berlin.de/tickets/preise/

The online ticket portal only has tickets for the game on 9 March at this stage for which there are still over 1000 available - the stadium holds just over 18000.

https://www.eventimsports.de/shop/188/28108/allareas

Their game against Dynamo Dresden sold out recently, but I'd be amazed if a game against Aue did the same. I live in Germany and can probably help you out getting tickets - drop me a PM if you need any more help.

I went to a Union Berlin game in 2006 and it was one of the best football matches I've been to, in terms of atmosphere and enjoyment anyway, the standard was pretty poor. I paid on the gate but you could ask your hotel to phone the club to see if this is still possible.

Union Berlin were 3-0 down after 20min but the fans were still cheering and singing and there was no, or at least very little, negativity. They got beat 4-2 in the end but still did a lap of honour.

When I was there, most of the stadium was standing and you could buy a drink at the game. Think a ticket was about 8 euros. The stadium is a short walk from a metro station.

I enjoyed the game from start to finish, would love to go back some day.

This site is pretty good. You just have to be careful as some information is out of date.
    http://www.abseits-soccer.com/clubs/unionbe.html

I think you should go to a Dynamo Berlin game ...