hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Kilmarnock tomorrow, let`s really give Shiels something to moan about.

Now I don`t really mind Kenny Shiels too much, but given he doesn't need much encouragement to launch into a moan about this that and everything, here`s hoping we can give him plenty to bump his gums over tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully we can start the game like we at Fir Park, and Griffiths can continue where he left off on Wednesday and be a real danger to the Kilmarnock defence. Who will partner him? Doyle? O`Connor? O`Donovan? Can we expect many changes? Will Kujabi be back in the team? Lots to ponder, and this has the making of a decent game. Just hope and pray we can come away with a priceless win.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I was hearing that their pitch is like a tattie field, something to do with the undersoil heating being goosed? so moan number 1 will be they couldn't play their passing game.
    moan number 2 will be when he recalls the cabbage 3rd goal being smashed in.......sorry getting carried away..
    his 2nd moan will be when we score in the 91st minute to make it 1-0 after the ball bobbles about on their tattie field pitch.

:pfgwa

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    he was quite rightly moaning in the paper today about the wage a referee gets £840 iirc

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Bet he comes out wearing a stopwatch around his neck

Quote Originally Posted by At The Edge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was hearing that their pitch is like a tattie field, something to do with the undersoil heating being goosed? so moan number 1 will be they couldn't play their passing game.
    Yeah undersoil heating is messed up and needs to wait til the end of the season to get sorted as it means lifting the pitch

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Im mare concerned what Dean Shiels does TBH.

Left by mutual consent!
    Dean Shiels would walk into our side, sadly...If he moans about anything tomorrow, it's likely to be because he didn't get his hat-trick. I was mightily impressed by Kilmarnocks passing game at ER recently, though they did lack that cutting edge. Our boys at the back put in a great effort, but since that game their confidence has been shattered. I sense 3-0 Kilmarnock

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by stubble View Post
    Dean Shiels would walk into our side, sadly...If he moans about anything tomorrow, it's likely to be because he didn't get his hat-trick. I was mightily impressed by Kilmarnocks passing game at ER recently, though they did lack that cutting edge. Our boys at the back put in a great effort, but since that game their confidence has been shattered. I sense 3-0 Kilmarnock
    Pascali was superb at ER, now missing tomorrow. Nelson looks strong but static, so hopefully he will play Leigh and Doyle. Actually thought O'Donovan had them a wee bit ragged with his pace too.

They play with width so our full backs need protected from midfield.....playing GOC for me would be suicide....his failure to close down, battle and hold up play at the top end means surrendering possession to the likes of Shiels and Dayton puts us on the back foot too quickly.

Press, play high, keep shape and limit their wide men.

2-2 for me.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I'm confident we'll win tomorrow, imo we're not that far off turning the corner, we were well on the way but were unfortunate to come up against the two form teams in our last couple of games

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wouldn't surprise me if O'Donovan started tomorrow

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    Realistically I don't think Kenny will have too much to moan about, hope I'm wrong but I forsee a 3-1 or 4-1 win for Killie. Next week is the really big one for us, lose that and it's almost fat lady singing time.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    moan number 2 will be when he recalls the cabbage 3rd goal being smashed in.......sorry getting carried away..
    his 2nd moan will be when we score in the 91st minute to make it 1-0 after the ball bobbles about on their tattie field pitch.

Same back 4 that played against them at er , same score please
    ggtth

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs
    moan number 2 will be when he recalls the cabbage 3rd goal being smashed in

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If their pitch is all cut up then it is to our advantage. In the cup game at ER, they never fired direct balls at our back four even though that is our weak spot. They either can't, or are not allowed, to abandon the pass and move game. Try to pass and move on a bumpy surface means you give the ball away.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I was hearing that their pitch is like a tattie field, something to do with the undersoil heating being goosed?
    That's probably good news for Hibs. We don't want them to play too much football.

Oops, I didn't read post #14.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I'm confident we'll win tomorrow, imo we're not that far off turning the corner, we were well on the way but were unfortunate to come up against the two form teams in our last couple of games
    Think it will be a close call. Hibs are now a mid-table standard after the winter reshuffle and Kilmarnock are about the same standard. Due to Hibs league position the bookies have got us on quite long odds and we're well worth a tenner for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    he was quite rightly moaning in the paper today about the wage a referee gets £840 iirc
    Well he's got the ref on our side from the outset then.

That will be a unique experience.

@hibs.net private member
    I fancy a nice two-nil win for Hibs. So even KS will have nothing to moan about.

I'm not going which increases our chances as I have some sort of curse when I visit Rugby Park, humped just about every time I've been (Hibs, not me)

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I'd be happy with a spirited draw today. Something that would demonstrate the fight for survival has really begun and that would also provide something to build upon. It's a tough fixture and the win would be a tremendous boost. We must defend much better today.

Blog Entries
    Tattie pitch willmean its not pretty..benefit is it won't suit Killie..But its also not good for Claros / Ozzy who we need to get playing if we are to truly progress..

So lots up the side and diagonal balls with the midfield looking upward...and Killie with lots of the ball...as us playing that way (unless we start holding it up better) will just give them possesion back...

2-2 in a bit of an ugly scrap - but that would be decent in all the circumstances...

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Think it will be a close call. Hibs are now a mid-table standard after the winter reshuffle and Kilmarnock are about the same standard. Due to Hibs league position the bookies have got us on quite long odds and we're well worth a tenner for a win.
    Did you stick anything on? Good shout.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by renato View Post
    Did you stick anything on? Good shout.
    Only a tenner mate, because that's what my betting system demands after a win in mid-week as well. But at nearly 4/1 it's a good return :-)

Smashing result. Mr Shiels is Carstairs bound, he's a f%&@ing nutter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs

You were so close!!!