hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Jimmy Scott

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

Jimmy Scott

A question for the stattos among us. Can anyone work out his ratio of games and bookings? When he came on last night I jokingly gave him 5 mins before being booked . He actually only lasted 3.
    He brings absolutely nothing to the side and I wonder if Derek Adams knew he was going back to Ross County when he talked Calderwood into signing this joker.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A question for the stattos among us. Can anyone work out his ratio of games and bookings? When he came on last night I jokingly gave him 5 mins before being booked . He actually only lasted 3.
    He brings absolutely nothing to the side and I wonder if Derek Adams knew he was going back to Ross County when he talked Calderwood into signing this joker.
    Scott looked lost last night - though RHS of midfield wouldn't be the best place to play him IMHO.

As for the booking, the Well player made a meal of the foul. It was just after they had gone 3-2 up and he was taking the sting out of the game in their favour.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Scott is rubbish
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Pointless player.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Regulator View Post
    In what other walk of life or organisation in the UK would someone who attacked a work colleague and broke his jaw in at least one place still be employed by that organisation?
    House of Commons?

Coaching Staff
    In what other walk of life or organisation in the UK would someone who attacked a work colleague and broke his jaw in at least one place still be employed by that organisation?
    In jobs where part of it is physical challenges, probably quite a few, and would entirely depend on the cirumstances.

Your choice of wording says it all about what you think happened but those who know what actually happened have dealt with and he is still here.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    In jobs where part of it is physical challenges, probably quite a few, and would entirely depend on the cirumstances.

Your choice of wording says it all about what you think happened but those who know what actually happened have dealt with and he is still here.
    and playing as poorly as before

I punched my boss in the coupon at the Xmas party few years back. I still have my job

As for Scott, he's not a bad player but i think he's struggled at this level.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I punched my boss in the coupon at the Xmas party few years back. I still have my job

Think you will find he is, and just to think we paid a fee for this guy and gave him a three and a half year contract, no doubt he will get paid of by the club in the summer as there will be no takers for him, but who do you blame, CC DA or the board for the 3 1/2 year contract, what a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Think you will find he is, and just to think we paid a fee for this guy and gave him a three and a half year contract, no doubt he will get paid of by the club in the summer as there will be no takers for him, but who do you blame, CC DA or the board for the 3 1/2 year contract, what a waste of money.
    Yeah it's not great he's tied down for that length of time. I honestly don't think he's as bad as people make out though. We have had a lot worse. Either way he isn't great for us and will be gone in the summer.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Calderwood and Adams who no doubt recommended to the Board to sanction a longer contract with the view I am supposing that he was going to improve in the SPL and other teams may want to buy. Hasnt proven to have worked that way of course.

Coaching Staff
    This subject is one of the very few we disagree on SH...other than what is better, Curly Wurly or Texan Bar

For me, Scott is a good player suffering the 'Lewis Stevenson Syndrome' (and look at wee Lewis now) - lack of games, change of manager, when played it's fleeting and usually when losing - he appears full of life off the pitch and has energy on it. Against the lesser opposition when he has played (Cup games, friendlies v Bohs, Falkirk when he came on, etc) he has done well and also scored......yep, he's not the best, but I think he is a decent player if given a good run of games. The difficulty is where he is played best. He is usually played on the right side of the midfield...I'll be honest, I'd rather see him and Soares battle it out for that position than Ivan. If I am being honest, I'd like to see him played more centrally.....taking turns with Osbourne to get forward. Scott has bags of energy.....just unplayed, coming in for minutes at a time, in a low confidence set up.

And it has to be Curly Wurly.....Texans ain't what they used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

When I was 18 my 40 year old boss asked me for a "square go after work" I said yes. Neither of us were sacked.

I came second by the way :-(

He sums up everything wrong about us as a club. A player so poor he can't get close to getting a start in a very poor current side. He will have cost quite a few season tickets....

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Can you still buy Texans?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using TapAtalk