hibs.net Messageboard

fenlons substitutions last night

how did griffiths and doherty get replaced when sproule and oconnor remained on the park. had fenlon gave up on the game ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    Let's hope he got the message loud & clear by the booing. Nothing like peeing off an already peed off support.

Aye, he did it because he'd given up on the game and wanted to piss the fans off.

This place is unbelievable by the way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mixuok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how did griffiths and doherty get replaced when sproule and oconnor remained on the park.

With time running out, Fenlon knew that O'Connor would have taken at least 20 minutes to get off the pitch with all that lard on his hips. Quicker to take others off and give ourselves an outside chance of retrieving the game

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Aye, he did it because he'd given up on the game and wanted to piss the fans off.

This place is unbelievable by the way.
    It certainly is.

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    I must admit I could not understand taking off Griffiths, who I would say was our best performer in an attacking capacity, and leaving O'Connor on? Sproule was also contributing virtually nothing, and he stayed on too (yes, I know he grabbed a goal, but he was ineffectual for 90% of his time on the pitch.)

Even my 11-year-old grandson felt exactly the same, and was astonished along with the vast majority of the Hibs fans - who made their feelings known loud and clear about Griffiths being hooked.

There again we're not professional football managers, and the management team are suppopsed to know best. Perhaps there were extenuating reasons for their decision.......Hope so!

A blind man could see Griffiths was the most dangerous player in our team. If it was due to injury fair do's but as a tactical move, pure genius!.

The Fenlon love in is unbelievable on this board.

Yes I want him to succeed, desperately, but to assume he is squeaky clean in all he say's & does is laughable.

Bringing on Jimmy Scott was an even worse decision.

Coaching Staff
    In the Scotsman this morning that Griffiths had a foot problem that forced him off.

Any apologies form the whingers and booers who made their judgements without any facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    In the Scotsman this morning that Griffiths had a foot problem that forced him off.

Any apologies form the whingers and booers who made their judgements without any facts?

Even if Griffiths had a broken foot he would probably have still been better than O'Connor was on Wednesday night......

This stupid booing has to stop. Were they booing the manager, the player coming off or the player going on? Guaranteed to create an atmosphere conducive to that bit of extra effort from the team.

All Hibs supporters are frustrated right now but surely support from so called supporters does not include booing.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    Let's hope he got the message loud & clear by the booing. Nothing like peeing off an already peed off support.
    Yeh lets hope a professional manager who has experience over years of being able to do the job, who sees the players training every day and knows the fitness level of all the players listens to moaning erses in the Hibs support instead of making his own decisions. Genuis.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sgian dubh80
    A blind man could see Griffiths was the most dangerous player in our team. If it was due to injury fair do's but as a tactical move, pure genius!.

The Fenlon love in is unbelievable on this board.

Yes I want him to succeed, desperately, but to assume he is squeaky clean in all he say's & does is laughable.

Bringing on Jimmy Scott was an even worse decision.
    It turn's out it was "fair-do's" - he was injured/knackered (after spending an hour being our 'most dangerous player', hardly surprising)

However, what's not fair-do's is the fact that, now this information is available, you cannot 'take the boo's back' (not saying you boo'ed, obviously, but you get my point).

So Fenlon, our recently appointed manager with a good track record, who seems to have a good philosophy on management and has proven he has the ability to attract players to our club who improve our squad, has had the majority of his *cough* supporters *cough* booing the entire club, because he had no means to explain the reason for his substitution at the time.

If that's what supporters are for, then I cannot call myself a supporter.

And that's what's wrong with some of the supporters at Easter Road at the moment.
    Last edited by IndieHibby; 24-02-2012 at 09:11 AM.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2622359

Fenlon saying LG had a foot injury - that's why he came off

He was our best player the other night so hope he is fit to play

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2622359

Fenlon saying LG had a foot injury - that's why he came off

He was our best player the other night so hope he is fit to play

Sure Sparky had signalled to the bench that he was struggling and needed to come of.

Lets hope it is not to serious and he is fit for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by IndieHibby View Post
    It turn's out it was "fair-do's" - he was injured/knackered (after spending an hour being our 'most dangerous player', hardly surprising)

However, what's not fair-do's is the fact that, now this information is available, you cannot 'take the boo's back' (not saying you boo'ed, obviously, but you get my point).

So Fenlon, our recently appointed manager with a good track record, who seems to have a good philosophy on management and has proven he has the ability to attract players to our club who improve our squad, has had the majority of his *cough* supporters *cough* booing the entire club, because he had no means to explain the reason for his substitution at the time.

If that's what supporters are for, then I cannot call myself a supporter.

And that's what's wrong with some of the supporters at Easter Road at the moment.
    Good post, I was perplexed at the time with the substitution, but to roundly boo the manager was wrong, especially now that the full facts regarding the situation are known.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Sure Sparky had signalled to the bench that he was struggling and needed to come of.

Lets hope it is not to serious and he is fit for the weekend.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    The good thing is that the manager did have a sane-minded reason for taking him off, and he'll know that the fans would not have booed if they knew he was injured. Therefore, the booing will not have affected him in anyway. No damage done (hopefully).

Hope Griffiths is fit for Killie

Nope, depends whether the story is true or not. I'm pretty sure any injury would have been reported prior to today particularly with the reaction of the fans on the night. Obviously some people want to believe all the tripe that gets spoken by players, managers etc, whilst others take it with a pinch of salt.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Nope, depends whether the story is true or not. I'm pretty sure any injury would have been reported prior to today particularly with the reaction of the fans on the night. Obviously some people want to believe all the tripe that gets spoken by players, managers etc, whilst others take it with a pinch of salt.
    Jeez you will not let go will you. You were wrong to boo, get over it.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Jeez you will not let go will you. You were wrong to boo, get over it.

Did he have to be taken off on a stretcher to show that he was injured ?

Felon is being more than honest here saying LG was injured and doesn't even need to say that - all it would need now is a Killie player to tackle him 1st minute and LG could be out for the rest of the action tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    FFS.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by mixuok View Post
    how did griffiths and doherty get replaced when sproule and oconnor remained on the park. had fenlon gave up on the game ?
    Injury to Griffiths or not, just review what happened after the change:

They came off in the 81st minute.

Sproule pulled one back in the 85th.

We then kept the pressure up until the end, looking for the equaliser. In retrospect, one could argue that it turned out to be a good tactical move.

Keep the faith, Fenlon is not a mug.