hibs.net Messageboard

Arrow From Now until the split

Right whatever the fallout from Sunday we didnae win so the next few games are crucial
    From now until the split we have 7 games and a possible 21 points. Dunfermline have 6 games and a possible 18 points. Based on form and advantage (HvA) my guess is we'll get 5 points. I see Dunfermline getting 2. Meaning we'll go into the split on 24 with Dunfermline on 21. I'm sure plenty of other will see it differently.
    My point is come the split (even more so than before) we will have 5 matches to beat the drop with a almighty 6 pointer v Dunfermline at ER.

Squeaky bum time fellow Hibees...

Fixture Date Kick-off
    Celtic v Dunf Wed 22 Feb 19:45 0 0
    Well v Hibs Wed 22 Feb 19:45 0 0
    Killie V Hibs Sat 25 Feb 15:00 0 0
    St J v Dunf Sat 25 Feb 15:00 0 0
    Dunf v Well Sat 3 Mar 15:00 0 1
    Hibs V St M Sat 3 Mar 15:00 3 0
    Hertz v Hibs Sun 18 Mar 12:00 0 0
    Dunf v St M Sat 24 Mar 15:00 0 1
    Hibs v DUFC Sat 24 Mar 15:00 1 0
    DUFC v Dunf Sat 31 Mar 15:00 0 0
    ICT V Hibs Sun 1 Apr 12:00 0 0
    Dunf v Hertz Sat 7 Apr 15:00 0 0
    Hibs V Well Sun 8 Apr 12:30 1 0
    Total 5 2
    Point Now 19 19
    Total 24 21

Sorry I should point out these are not scores at the end but estimated points. Tables are a nightmare on here!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NeilOrrSquareBa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right whatever the fallout from Sunday we didnae win so the next few games are crucial
    From now until the split we have 7 games and a possible 21 points. Dunfermline have 6 games and a possible 18 points. Based on form and advantage (HvA) my guess is we'll get 5 points. I see Dunfermline getting 2. Meaning we'll go into the split on 24 with Dunfermline on 21. I'm sure plenty of other will see it differently.
    My point is come the split (even more so than before) we will have 5 matches to beat the drop with a almighty 6 pointer v Dunfermline at ER.

Fixture Date Kick-off
    Total 5 2
    Point Now 19 19
    Total 24 21
    Every point will be a prisoner! Nerve-racking times ahead!

I think we'll get 4 or 5 points from that lot!

@hibs.net private member
    No matter what lets gie the team the proper backing

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mcvie7
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart7-0 View Post
    well said

We can win them all :pfgwa

Left by mutual consent!
    I reckon 8 points at the minimum...

Well v Hibs - 1
    Killie V Hibs - 0
    Hibs V St M - 3
    Hertz v Hibs - 0
    Hibs v DUFC -3
    ICT V Hibs - 0
    Hibs V Well - 1

Chuck in the possiblity of a point or so at the PBS and something at Caley we could be looking at the heady heights of double figures

Left by mutual consent!

Fixture Date Kick-off
    Total 5 2
    Point Now 19 19
    Total 24 21

Sorry I should point out these are not scores at the end but estimated points. Tables are a nightmare on here!
    So hard to predict but I would say we both have about even run ins to the split, them having to play Celtic makes theirs a wee bit tougher.

I can see them picking up a point from their St J/Well games plus say maybe four points (they are gonna win at home eventually) from their home games againts St M and the Yams. Don't think they'll get much from Celtic and Dundee Utd away so about 4/5 points for them.

As for the Cabbage, doubt we'll get much from Motherwell and Killie away, we might sneak a home win and a draw from our three homes v St M, Dundee Utd and Mwell. We might get a battling point or maybe even 3 from either our visit to the PBS or ICT so around 5/7 for us.

Its going to the wire me thinks.
    Last edited by The Sea-gull; 21-02-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    15 points for us, 2 for them. And we're going to stroll through in the SC against Ayr.

Can't stand the split and wish we were safe from relegation.....but rather than being stuck in 6th /7th playing for nothing - we are guaranteed there are going to be some tense times till the end of the season whether we like it or not.

The Celtic game was always going to be tough - anything from that was going to be a bonus - we showed against Killie the level needed to gain points - it all starts with defending properly and that includes set pieces.

Can see this going right to the wire and Hibs fans really need to back their team to stay in the SPL and although Fenlon a chance to get to summer planning for a fresh start next season and not in Division 1.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart7-0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvie7 View Post
    well said
    Maybe not well said, but good point made!

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    I would say that the 2 games against them both home ad away wil be crucial to our survival. Hope Hibs lower the price for the home game to £10 adults £5 for children.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    I would say that the 2 games against them both home ad away wil be crucial to our survival. Hope Hibs lower the price for the home game to £10 adults £5 for children.
    We only have 1 home game against them do we not?

Having said that the game is post split and depending on bottom six teams could actually be a third away game.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 21-02-2012 at 03:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Just one game at home ( I hope but you can never fathom out post split fixtures) after the split

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

Having said that the game is post split and depending on bottom six teams could actually be a third away game.
    My post said the two games we have against them both home and away, must have been my grammar I expect the other game after the split to be away. The confusion lies there in my post , jesus i am confusing myself now.

one game at a time

Lets just take one game at a time and see where we are come the split . i still dont think there anything between the bottom 8 teams and anything can happen in football . dont forget its in our own hands if we stay up at the moment forget the celtic game as we never expected to get any points off them ok it was 5 nil but still only 3points lost . Am sure the 9th/ 10th teams in the league will still be watching there backs as all it takes is one off them to lose 3 games and dunf and us pick up points and there back in the mix . lots off turns and twists to come before this season out i think we finnish 10th and st mirren will join the dog fight before the end off the season .

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I would hope for a minimum of 5 points out of the next 3 SPL matches.

Draw tomorrow and Saturday and win v St Mirren next week.

Quote Originally Posted by iain nolan View Post
    Lets just take one game at a time and see where we are come the split . i still dont think there anything between the bottom 8 teams and anything can happen in football . dont forget its in our own hands if we stay up at the moment forget the celtic game as we never expected to get any points off them ok it was 5 nil but still only 3points lost . Am sure the 9th/ 10th teams in the league will still be watching there backs as all it takes is one off them to lose 3 games and dunf and us pick up points and there back in the mix . lots off turns and twists to come before this season out i think we finnish 10th and st mirren will join the dog fight before the end off the season .
    Alas, the heavy loss to the plastics lost us 4 points when you consider the damage done to our goal difference, which at +11 over Dunfermline before that game worth an extra point to us. +4 goal difference now, and that would be obliterated by us losing a game by 2 goals and Dunfy winning any of their remaining games by 2 goals.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl o'Montrose View Post
    Alas, the heavy loss to the plastics lost us 4 points when you consider the damage done to our goal difference, which at +11 over Dunfermline before that game worth an extra point to us. +4 goal difference now, and that would be obliterated by us losing a game by 2 goals and Dunfy winning any of their remaining games by 2 goals.
    It was 5-0 not 7-0.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

+9(ahead of dunfy) we were at start of play, but i agree and said as much on the match thread :(

doesnt matter if our post split game is away against them we'll turn it into a home game with even more supporters than the last time there...how good would that be for the team to see the stand behind the goal and their closed north stand full to the brim of Hibbies..and how demoralising it could be for Dunfy to see their stadium full of green n white....my only worry at the moment is tommorrow how has it played on the minds of the players..if we lose the first goal tommorrow will they fall into their shells....i think we have the talent to stay up but at this stage of the season its all about mental strength and mind games...they have already started with what Mixu said about Dunfy and Mcintyre making a big thing about it we just need to stay cool and play the game GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    Not to sure but if we draw or win against
    Motherwell and Dunfermline get humped
    Say 7 or 8 nil will that surely not open up
    The goal difference again ?????

Except Dunfermline have to travel to Parkhead tomorrow, and it's realistic to expect them to lose by at least three. So we will continue to benefit from the goal difference.

The key is to turn the screw with a win at Fir Park (or at least a draw). Difficult, but not impossible.

Since I wrote the post below we have played 5 of the 7 games quoted and points stand at
    Hibs 23
    Dunfermline 20
    So if we get a point from our last 2 games we'll hit the 24 I predicted. Dunfermline should not really get another point but with the introduction of JJ they may well get something from the home game v Hearts so let's say 21 for them. So attention turns to the final 5.
    On balance fo fixtures fuliflled we should have 3 home v 2 away
    Hibs will have
    HomeKillie 3
    ICT 3
    Dunf 0

Away
    St Mirren 0
    Aberdeen 0

Dunfermline will have
    Home
    Aberdeen 3
    Kilmarnock 3

Away
    Hibernian 3
    Inverness 0

St Mirren

Points predictor says 6 (SIX) points Hibs; 9 (nine) point Dunfermline
    If they put the head to head on the last week of the season (to make it exciting for everyone!) then I can see us having 31 and Dunfermline 27 so we avoid relegation and get beat by Dunfermline at home.
    Points tally would be;
    Hibs 31
    Dunfermline 30

Looking forward to it?

Fixture Date Kick-off
    Total 5 2
    Point Now 19 19
    Total 24 21

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I would say there is more chance of us getting wins away from home than at Easter Road.