hibs.net Messageboard

Four Goals for Messi

Barca 4 Valencia 1 currently and Messi has scored all the goals for his side. 5-1 now....Xavi.
    Last edited by heretoday; 19-02-2012 at 09:17 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We should get him on loan.

It was a joy to watch. Purges all thoughts of today's events at ER.

he is easily the best player of his generation, joy to watch!

Barcelona win 5 v 1 against the 3rd best team in Spain ( and arguably better than any English team ) is another indication of influence of money in game . SPL is not only national league which has become boring with a massive difference between top 2 and rest . Big clubs like Valencia and Atletico Madrid have had terrible financial problems trying to compete with big 2 just as Hibs , Hearts and Dons have in Scotland .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barcelona win 5 v 1 against the 3rd best team in Spain ( and arguably better than any English team ) is another indication of influence of money in game . SPL is not only national league which has become boring with a massive difference between top 2 and rest . Big clubs like Valencia and Atletico Madrid have had terrible financial problems trying to compete with big 2 just as Hibs , Hearts and Dons have in Scotland .
    Sad but true. Messi was outstanding. Real Madrid will be on the end of a similar score when they next play at camp nou. The relectunance in Scotland to give our young players game time is what worries me. I blame the size of our league and the fear of dropping into sfl. Barca lately have been starting- montoya, tello, sergi roberto, Cuenca, thiago, jonathon dos santos. All of that list are around 19 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeBigFly View Post
    Sad but true. Messi was outstanding. Real Madrid will be on the end of a similar score when they next play at camp nou. The relectunance in Scotland to give our young players game time is what worries me. I blame the size of our league and the fear of dropping into sfl. Barca lately have been starting- montoya, tello, sergi roberto, Cuenca, thiago, jonathon dos santos. All of that list are around 19 years old.
    I haven't worked it out but what is the average age of the Hibs team today. Only Stack would be over 30 with the rest being around the 23/24 mark in general?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    I haven't worked it out but what is the average age of the Hibs team today. Only Stack would be over 30 with the rest being around the 23/24 mark in general?
    Average age of the team that started today was 24.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    It wasn't really about hibs who have been better than most in fairness and hopefully we should reap the rewards of the game time wotherspoon, booth and hanlon have been getting. The epl is has got it worse if you ask me with young homegrown players having fewer chances than ever. It's refreshing to see teams like Barcelona and Bilbao regularly looking to the academy/b team.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeBigFly View Post
    It wasn't really about hibs who have been better than most in fairness and hopefully we should reap the rewards of the game time wotherspoon, booth and hanlon have been getting. The epl is has got it worse if you ask me with young homegrown players having fewer chances than ever. It's refreshing to see teams like Barcelona and Bilbao regularly looking to the academy/b team.
    Totally agree its a real problem in england. Was at a League 2 match yesterday, Southend v Crewe. And even Southend had 3-4 foreign players in the starting eleven. When even the lower leagues start looking abroad it's a real issue.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals