hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Fenlon

Pat Fenlon

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

Before we start let me just say that im not a Hibs fan or at least wasnt till Pat Fenlon took charge. For the record im a Shamrock Rovers fan(no wise cracks lol) anyway I just wanted to say a few things about ur manager. Over the past few weeks since Pat took over I have been on several Hibs sites to see what the reaction has been to him. I have read alot of crap about him i.e he doesnt no what he is doing, he isnt the man for the job blah blah blah. Well as someone who has been a life long shamrock rovers and league of Ireland fan let me just say a few things about this man u have in charge now. This man trust me IS THE REAL DEAL. He has won countless league titles in Ireland with 2 different clubs(Bohs & Shelbourne) and done it with virtually no money. This man nos the game inside out and is a great leader and motivator. I no from reading stuff on other sites that the players took over the dressing room when Colin Calderwood was manager. Trust me this WILL NOT happen under PF. This man will get rid of all the trouble makers and make Hibs a force to be reckoned with. Some of u may laugh at this but im telling u if he is given the time this man will make ur club fantastic.

Just to finish I wanted to say that the league of Ireland has lost its best manager in years and I hope that all u Hibs fan realise what u have. This man is a legend in Ireland as a manager and he will turn ur club into a force.

Thank u and I hope ur club has lots of success under him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Cheers Keith.

I knew nothing about Fenlon before he arrived but in his short time here he has already ditched most of the dead wood and brought a sense of excitement and optimism back to the fans.

I like the guy and with luck, think he will do us proud.

GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Murphy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Before we start let me just say that im not a Hibs fan or at least wasnt till Pat Fenlon took charge. For the record im a Shamrock Rovers fan(no wise cracks lol) anyway I just wanted to say a few things about ur manager. Over the past few weeks since Pat took over I have been on several Hibs sites to see what the reaction has been to him. I have read alot of crap about him i.e he doesnt no what he is doing, he isnt the man for the job blah blah blah. Well as someone who has been a life long shamrock rovers and league of Ireland fan let me just say a few things about this man u have in charge now. This man trust me IS THE REAL DEAL. He has won countless league titles in Ireland with 2 different clubs(Bohs & Shelbourne) and done it with virtually no money. This man nos the game inside out and is a great leader and motivator. I no from reading stuff on other sites that the players took over the dressing room when Colin Calderwood was manager. Trust me this WILL NOT happen under PF. This man will get rid of all the trouble makers and make Hibs a force to be reckoned with. Some of u may laugh at this but im telling u if he is given the time this man will make ur club fantastic.

Just to finish I wanted to say that the league of Ireland has lost its best manager in years and I hope that all u Hibs fan realise what u have. This man is a legend in Ireland as a manager and he will turn ur club into a force.

I'm surprised you think there has been a lot of negativity about PF. Sure, a few may have reservations, but I think his arrival at ER has been generally met with optimism and enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Cheers Keith.

I knew nothing about Fenlon before he arrived but in his short time here he has already ditched most of the dead wood and brought a sense of excitement and optimism back to the fans.

I like the guy and with luck, think he will do us proud.

GGTTH
    U should go to wikipedia and look him up im telling u mate this man is the real deal im not messing. And before he left Bohs he was also the manager of Republic of Ireland Under 23s

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I'm surprised you think there has been a lot of negativity about PF. Sure, a few may have reservations, but I think his arrival at ER has been generally met with optimism and enthusiasm.
    I was reading some of the other sites like hibees bounce I think one of them was called and alot of guys on it were saying he only has this amount of points in 11 games and so on thats why I had to try and reassure u all lol

First Team Breakthrough
    I think we've definitely employed the right guy this time, can't remember the last management team we had that were this ambitious and animated. On the touch line he's very Martin O'Neil-esque imo.

:pfgwa

I was reading some of the other sites like hibees bounce I think one of them was called and alot of guys on it were saying he only has this amount of points in 11 games and so on thats why I had to try and reassure u all lol
    Turning around what we had and how we were was never going to be an overnight job, Good luck to your team this season too

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Thanks for that, Pat.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Sodje_18 View Post
    I think we've definitely employed the right guy this time, can't remember the last management team we had that were this ambitious and animated. On the touch line he's very Martin O'Neil-esque imo.

:pfgwa
    Thats exactly who he is like and im telling u this man will make u good very very good but I just hope Rod Petrie gives him time

@hibs.net private member
    I think people were wary of him in the beginning, and probably had a right to be given the last few managers we have and added ti the fact he was pretty unkown to us. Howeverthere is an excited buzz about Fenlon, not only from the hibs fans but from the media and many others involved with football.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    I think people were wary of him in the beginning, and probably had a right to be given the last few managers we have and added ti the fact he was pretty unkown to us. Howeverthere is an excited buzz about Fenlon, not only from the hibs fans but from the media and many others involved with football.
    As I said earlier to DaveF go to wikipedia and check him out.Im not 100% sure but he has won 5 league titles as a manager in Ireland in about 9 years with no money

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    ?????????

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    U should go to wikipedia and look him up im telling u mate this man is the real deal im not messing. And before he left Bohs he was also the manager of Republic of Ireland Under 23s
    Cheers for the info! Never even knew that, I really am beginning to get excited about Hibs at the moment. I haven't seen a lot of his new signings but going by highlights and reviews on here it sounds like they've been doing really well. He's seen the areas that we were particularly weak in and he has strengthened him. The board obviously have faith in him and it seems they are prepared to back him, going by the January window.

There has been a much better feel around Easter Road since he has came in. Calderwood just killed the place - even when he was first appointed he was greeted with disappointment from some fans - he was just so bland, uninspring, clueless and it seems that Fenlon is the opposite of all these things. When I listened to a 5 minute interview with Colin Calderwood I found myself drifting off, not really listening to what he was saying. With Fenlon though and always find myself interested in what he is saying, not only does he talk a lot more sense, but he just sounds so much more enthusiastic and that he feels grateful that he has the oppurtunity to manage Hibs - unlike Calderwood who showed in the summer he never really cared that much, and to be honest treated the club with a complete lack of respect.

It's just great now that we finally have a manager, who doesn't take his position for granted, is enthusiastic and also has football knowledge to go with it.

Thanks mate, think you'll find that the majority of Hibbies are very much behind PF. Dead wood gone and individual positions (that we had all identified for some time) dealt with (even if by short term loans). I have no doubt that he will be a success at ER. Keep following the Hibs.....you know it makes sense......

Quote Originally Posted by S.sct View Post
    Thanks mate, think you'll find that the majority of Hibbies are very much behind PF. Dead wood gone and individual positions (that we had all identified for some time) dealt with (even if by short term loans). I have no doubt that he will be a success at ER. Keep following the Hibs.....you know it makes sense......
    Dont no about following them lol but I find myself every Saturday since he took over looking out for there result and hoping u won.............How sad is that lol

Dont no about following them lol but I find myself every Saturday since he took over looking out for there result and hoping u won.............How sad is that lol
    We know.

Indeed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Indeed.....
    ???????????????

Come on spit it out

???????????????

Come on spit it out
    Spit what out?

Come on, just admit it, you're actually Pat's agent. There's no point trying to convince us he needs a pay rise, you need to speak to Iron Rod.

Can't say I've heard many Hibs fans say he's not up to much, quite the contrary in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Spit what out?
    Whatever u wanted to say about PF

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Come on, just admit it, you're actually Pat's agent. There's no point trying to convince us he needs a pay rise, you need to speak to Iron Rod.

Can't say I've heard many Hibs fans say he's not up to much, quite the contrary in fact.
    Wish I was his agent mate lol. I just wanted u all to realise what u have

Whatever u wanted to say about PF
    PF, I think he's done a great job so far, as good as anyone could have hoped for really. As long as improvement continues and we are steered clear of relegation, I'll be very happy to have him in charge for what will be an extremely important next season for us.

That's what I thought. Not immediately but after about 30 seconds. Time will tell. Could be wrong.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    How true is it fenlon had no money to spend while managing in Ireland?

Keith the last thing we want Fenlon to do is fail but football is a funny old game. Felon has probably taken over one of the worst squad of hibs players I have ever witnessed. He has brought in a few loan players which will hopefully get us out of the relagtion problems we are in.
    Our defence was one of the worst in Scotland and he has went out and brought in a few decent loans, lets hope Paddy is as good as you think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    That's what I thought. Not immediately but after about 30 seconds. Time will tell. Could be wrong.
    Could be wrong about what

Good on ya keith for sharing that with us...think the board have done well here appointed a man with huge balls and character...anyone crossing a religious divide over there and handling it that well deserves loads of respect..the fact hes proved to be a winner seems to be rubbing off on some of the playersw..Stevenson and Wotherspoon to name but two, i love listening to the guy, he speaks a lot of sense and humerous unlike our previous manager...there was a comment from a Dundee Utd fan a couple of weeks ago saying they really dodged a bullet not appointing Fenlon...we'll see GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    How true is it fenlon had no money to spend while managing in Ireland?

What do u mean how true is it