hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 461 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3614114514594604614624634715115619611461 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,830 of 44390
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep on hearing now that this would be a decent 'compromise'.

Do courts 'compromise' with convicted rapists?

This stinks of the SPL chairman driving this. They say they have 'listened' to the fans but they are clearly lying if this is what their up to
    Scottish fitba is "a nest of scheming b******s" as Big Hamish would say. I wouldnae trust them (***** like doncaster) as far as I could throw a grand pianae and it's exactly the reason I winnae renew my season ticket until I ken for sure what the outcome is for newhun and where they will be playing if anywhere.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Prolific and eloquant critic of the Rangers debacle and the succulent lamb syndrome of Weegie journalism, has apparently shot himself in the foot by Twittering a reference to the video of the 'walking away' John Greig/Ibrox disaster statue which has been doing the rounds (it's on this thread somewhere). He tried to apologise saying he was unaware of the significance of the statue but evidence has been found in the form of letters/emails/tweets which indicate that he knew full well what the statue represented. Pity, as his work on the Rangers saga. has been revealing and refreshing.
    Nope, that image was quite obviously intended by alextomo to take the piss out of Greig, who walked away from his legal responsibilities as a Huns director, and not the dead fans. You're repeating and thereby giving credence to a twisted Hun take on it.

@hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I think with an ongoing polis investigation into the legality of the sale to Whyte, losing his knighthood is the least of David Murray's worries.

This really is the gift that keeps on giving.
    Anyone know if they have ramps in Saughton?

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Hun apologist kenny shiels tweeting that
    "@RealKennyShiels: Reports coming to me through the grapevine that Rangers players will not be paid their wages on Thursday. Strange times with Charles Green"

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Anyone know if they have ramps in Saughton?
    Aye, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on

I like this one they are turning on the greatest ever rangers player

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=224152

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Oh woe is thy lot Hun...
    http://ibroxnoise.blogspot.com/2012/...tself.html?m=1
    I was going to call the article arrogant but arrogance gave them up weeks ago :O

Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    Hun apologist kenny shiels tweeting that
    "@RealKennyShiels: Reports coming to me through the grapevine that Rangers players will not be paid their wages on Thursday. Strange times with Charles Green"
    Then surely they are finished in every sense of the word.

The cynic in me wonders if the players that have agreed to the transfer have done so knowing the club was about to be unable to pay up and shuffle off the mortal coil, making them free agents minus any anger from the knuckle dragging nutter element in the Rangers support...

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Ah, gotcha

Is ND not employed by the SPL which is in effect the member clubs through their chairmen? Or am I being naive?

Agree re the Div 1 thing though
    Correct. I think many SPL Chairmen will favour Rangers going to Div 1, maybe even those that have said they are going to vote 'no' to them being allowed back into the SPL.

The saving grace is that three quarters of SFL Clubs would need to vote in favour and a majority of that size will be tough to achieve. The incentives would need to be significant and I can't see that there is a massive amount to offer

Quote Originally Posted by gringojoe View Post
    I like this one they are turning on the greatest ever rangers player

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=224152

Ive read the phrase they are not Rangers men. Christ, if JG not considered a Rangers man - who is?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Ah, gotcha

Is ND not employed by the SPL which is in effect the member clubs through their chairmen? Or am I being naive?

Agree re the Div 1 thing though
    anybody who didnae actually ken that could easily have been forgiven for thinking he was an employee of the ex club that played at ipox.

http://shaunyfbblog.wordpress.com/20...kill-new-co-2/ Latest rumour:-

Last gasp appeal could kill New-co
    Posted on 2012/06/26 by Shaun Gibson

Quick blog

I have been informed in the last 10 minutes that both Spartans FC who are a member club of the 92 affiliated to the SFA and Linlithgow Rose Junior side have challenged the SFA’s rules on the 3 year audited accounts needed by any new-co to enter any association within the senior leagues of Scotland. The only thing stopping this would be a “Sweetener” from the SFA to both clubs. However, this would be illegal. Spartans and Linlithgow Rose, and a few others I have no names for, are taking legal action against the SFA and New-Co on this matter. As this story breaks, second by second, it is hard to keep up. I am saying this as I have been told by a person affiliated highly within football. “From the horse’s mouth” was the answer I got. A court case looks likely, and this will take ANY time up the New-co has to come back in any form

Also New-co could lose as many as 12 more players tomorrow. They may about to, as I put it before, become blue dust.

This was given to me, again, by someone who would 100% know if there was truth to it.

I will blog again tomorrow with more.

For now…

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    anybody who didnae actually ken that could easily have been forgiven for thinking he was an employee of the ex club that played at ipox.

This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    http://shaunyfbblog.wordpress.com/20...kill-new-co-2/ Latest rumour:-

Last gasp appeal could kill New-co
    Posted on 2012/06/26 by Shaun Gibson

Quick blog

I have been informed in the last 10 minutes that both Spartans FC who are a member club of the 92 affiliated to the SFA and Linlithgow Rose Junior side have challenged the SFA’s rules on the 3 year audited accounts needed by any new-co to enter any association within the senior leagues of Scotland. The only thing stopping this would be a “Sweetener” from the SFA to both clubs. However, this would be illegal. Spartans and Linlithgow Rose, and a few others I have no names for, are taking legal action against the SFA and New-Co on this matter. As this story breaks, second by second, it is hard to keep up. I am saying this as I have been told by a person affiliated highly within football. “From the horse’s mouth” was the answer I got. A court case looks likely, and this will take ANY time up the New-co has to come back in any form

Also New-co could lose as many as 12 more players tomorrow. They may about to, as I put it before, become blue dust.

This was given to me, again, by someone who would 100% know if there was truth to it.

For now…
    let this be true, that could really put an end tae this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    let this be true, that could really put an end tae this nonsense.
    Amen.

Apparently the Sun will run a story about another possible takeover tomorrow...

How the Rangers fans aren't currently plotting to burn down the offices of the Sun and the Record for their part in this is beyond me!

Definitely agree with the likes of Spartans protesting about the newco. I definitely think a year out for them, all the nonsense getting sorted out, some genuine owners emerging and either starting a new club properly or buying and renaming a club as Airdrie did being their route back.

It is definitely the case of everyone smelling the scent of death on Rangers, the blood is in the water, the power and fear is gone. They have no friends, no allies. It's too late for them.

Coaching Staff
    I'm increasingly thinking they are totally and utterly goosed. The big hoose is nowt but real estate and the SFL 3rd looks about as likely as playing in England.

Never really thought we'd get here, but I reckon Sevco5088 are about to go the way of Third Lanark.

One of the threads on that freakshow (they claim that the rest of scotland are bigots!!!!! Despite every single thread refering to taigs, tarriers, fenians, papes etc) masquerading as a fitba forum. Has shown a link to andy goram's facebook page, which is claiming that john brown is bringing a consortium of 'real' rongers men, some businessmen and ex players, to ride in on their (no doubt white) chargers to save the day.
    I wonder why goram isn't part of this 'consortium'? Oh thats right. He spent all his tax free earnings on pies and bevvy. The fat, alchy, bigot c***!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    Nope, that image was quite obviously intended by alextomo to take the piss out of Greig, who walked away from his legal responsibilities as a Huns director, and not the dead fans. You're repeating and thereby giving credence to a twisted Hun take on it.
    Why did he tweet apologies?

Is the goalie back on the booze?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Quick blog

For now…
    Haven't heard anything in the town about the Rose getting involved. Would be surprised if it was true - might be, but usually these things leak out. Apart from anything there's nothng they could take legal action against at the moment.

@hibs.net private member
    A Rangers fan claimed today to me that the anti newco is all a catholic conspiracy to undermine the protestant state. You just can't believe the **** they are coming out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    OMG!!!!! Feel the venom..........

http://leggoland2.blogspot.de/
    Feel the Whyte & MacKay, you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    A Rangers fan claimed today to me that the anti newco is all a catholic conspiracy to undermine the protestant state. You just can't believe the **** they are coming out with.
    I used my ouija board and spoke with Guy Fawkes last night and he did confirm to me that it is a Catholic conspiracy. William Wallace is also involved.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    We are celebrating too soon, john brown, laudrup, albertz and other rangers men are now saving them haha, personally i think the only legend they will have trying to save them and actually spending money will be Gazza with some chicken, lager and a fishing rod!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    Quality, totally deluded

Left by mutual consent!
    Supporters are walking away too. What a surprise.

Hun glory hunter in walking away shock

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    That Hun apologist blog site was ironically hosted in Germany I see, which has just made me wonder if Sevco 5088 could reform as a touring all-stars team? They could call themselves Saxe-Cobourg All-stars 11 or something like that and play a round of friendlies in England and Germany, reforging the old Anglo-German royalist connections which were brushed under the carpet in 1914 when the Saxe-Coburgs who ruled Britain renamed themselves the Windsors.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    OMG!!!!! Feel the venom..........

http://leggoland2.blogspot.de/
    Brilliant

That put me in mind of Dallas - when a year's worth of episodes was wiped out after they turned out to be a Bobby Ewing dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    A more accurate comparison would be if Hibs had developed those players and had decided NOT to sell them at or near top of their value. They could have decided to keep them for the duration of their contracts, gambled on achieving more success and generating more income on the pitch. If that had then failed to any great extent and the players left on Bosmans, then Hibs would have been completely stuffed.

Rangers, for they are the ones in difficulty now, always had the option of selling 4-5 players for (say) £20M, which would have gone a long way to clearing their debt or settling the big tax case. They chose instead to gamble everything on qualifying for the Champions League each year. They did it in some years but not enough to make the finances work, therefore the gamble failed. Why should they then get a free pass because they took the irresponsible decision and lost?
    The club I was drawing the analogy with was Kilmarnock, not Rangers. Without the 'golden generation' who brought us in 12 million in transfer fees, we could have found ourselves in deep trouble too. While our fans would no doubt have been as solidly anti-Newco as the Killie fans have been, I suspect RP and the Board would not have found it quite so easy to take the unequivocal stance that Hibs have taken.

IMHO posters condemning the 'cowardice' of the Killie Board are out of line, and those smugly suggesting that Killie should simply 'go into administration and find their level' are obviously forgetting (or ignoring) the fact that administration would result in a lot of small local businesses losing a lot of money. Why wish that on people who have nothing whatsoever to do with the problems that have led to this situation?