hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 421 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3213714114194204214224234314715219211421 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,630 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No club is able to compete in all domestic competitions, surely?! Hibs play in the SPL, League Cup and Scottish Cup. Falkirk play in the SFL, League Cup, Scottish Cup and the Challenge Cup. See the difference

You 2 are the guys that will know better than most on here, but buying the assets gives them the 'bricks and mortar' but not the rights to actually play football yet. for that they are relying on the good will of somebody to accept an application to play in whatever league. If that's the case, why does it appear they have only applied to join the SPL, the top league in the country, and not applied to join where any new football club would expect to play, at the lowest level, which I would suspect is the West of Scotland League?

I find the whole thing curious that there is this assumption that they have some direct relationship with the football club that they bought the assets from.
    this is where we disagree with each other. I am still to be convinced that the "bricks and mortar" have been transferred. Cav is on the fence.

So... sorry to add to your confusion....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    According to the BBC, 111 trusts were set up but, I only see 68 people listed.

I wonder whose names have been held back, and why?
    Daly said on twitter a while back that some (mainly foreign players) weren't named if they couldn't be contacted and therefore had no right of reply.

saving the hun

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    From what the beeb is now reporting it seems like the idea is now to transfer Rangers's share to Sevco and then retrospectively dock 'Rangers' however many points needed to finish below Dunfermline in 2011/12.

That way the Pars stay up and the Huns go down.

Not sure how Dundee might react (or whether retrospective punishment of a new entity is legal).
    just been reading the infected ranger newspapers ( them all) and they are puporting that the deal is to admit the newco to the spl then relegate them for the various misdemeanors and into the first div for a year
    not much of a punishement for gross misconduct hope to god the spl chairmen dont fall for this *hite
    c'mon chairman do the right thing for the sake of the game

Blog Entries
    Vote by SPL clubs to be scrapped..We are in Div 1

The vote planned for 4 July to to be scrapped as Sky have done a deal and we will play in Div 1 next season

The place is buzzing, discussing this on FF. No source given by OP. The vast majority don't want this. It's either SPL with no sanctions or Div 3.

Motherwell will be balloting their society members regarding which way they will be voting on July 4th.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2012/0...-newco-rangers

So that was why Walter Smith abandoned his take-over bid then!

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    Motherwell will be balloting their society members regarding which way they will be voting on July 4th.

Good move by Motherwell I think!

Could every SPL club not do this?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post

Hope the projections come into public domain. Fair play to Motherwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post

The vote planned for 4 July to to be scrapped as Sky have done a deal and we will play in Div 1 next season

The place is buzzing, discussing this on FF. No source given by OP. The vast majority don't want this. It's either SPL with no sanctions or Div 3.
    Unfortunately this is the kind of jiggery pokery I was expecting.
    The fixture list is definately with Dunfermline in mind, Rangers relegated instead.

For me this would only confirm that the whole of Scottish football is willing to make up/change rules for the benefit of 2 teams, and on the basis that this went thro' -- I'd be gone for good

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2012/06...north-britain/

An excellent article. Regardless of your views on independence, the demise of RFC could have long term social benefits for Scotland. Their 'culture' may not die out immediately but the lack of a meeting point for 40 odd thousand bigots every other week could only be positive.

Apparently Romanov is saying he'll vote No. With 'Well letting the fans decide I'd think we could be looking at Us, Celtic, Hearts and Motherwell as definite No's, with I would imagine a solid chance of a No from St Mirren, Aberdeen and Dundee United. Rangers better start getting ready for 3rd Division football

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post

And of course, they'll be starting the season with a 27 point deduction (a third of previous season) based on the recently agreed fair play rules on administration.

Even they might struggle to get promoted with that sort of hurdle to overcome.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Craig Whyte said he stopped all the EBT's when he took over, I've not seen anything that disagrees with that, so I can't see how their record for last season can be changed if that is the case.
    I'm pretty sure Rangers stopped the EBT's in 2010, when HMRC hit them with the bill for the back tax. Whyte's slavering a lot of Tom Kite.

Mad Vlad's rant is a classic, albeit complete with some Eastern European casual racism at the end..

Apparently Romanov is saying he'll vote No. With 'Well letting the fans decide I'd think we could be looking at Us, Celtic, Hearts and Motherwell as definite No's, with I would imagine a solid chance of a No from St Mirren, Aberdeen and Dundee United. Rangers better start getting ready for 3rd Division football
    It makes sense. With Rangers certs to lose any vote and not be around for a while, voting for Rangers would have an impact on visiting support especially from Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen.

At this rate, I can see the vote being unanimous, assuming it ever takes place.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by green glory View Post
    http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2012/06...north-britain/

An excellent article. Regardless of your views on independence, the demise of RFC could have long term social benefits for Scotland. Their 'culture' may not die out immediately but the lack of a meeting point for 40 odd thousand bigots every other week could only be positive.
    Whoa, you can't go mentioning politics on here, we'll have none of that nonsense. Down With This Sort of Thing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    It makes sense. With Rangers certs to lose any vote and not be around for a while, voting for Rangers would have an impact on visiting support especially from Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen.

At this rate, I can see the vote being unanimous, assuming it ever takes place.
    Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar

Maybe the others were employed by the Murray Group rather than RFC as I always understood that the EBT was a Murray Group scheme which was extended to RFC.

@hibs.net private member Off the bar's Avatar
    http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/2...241384_2818454

appolgies for linking to 'their' website, say what you will about mad vlad but that statement is a cracker, even by his standards! particuarly enjoyed;

"The football mafia represented by former owners of Rangers FC and Rupert Murdoch's media are to blame for some of the worst problems to hit Scottish football and must not be allowed back in under any circumstances.''

and;

"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale''

would be good if a few more chairman (four more to be precise) would come out in such unequivocal terms!

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    If NewHunCo The Rangers Sevco 5088 are admitted to SFL3 then it would take a minimum of three seasons to get promotion to the SPL.

There is a lot of assumption going on about the steamroller effect that they would retain that would enable them to do this.

1. Which players that are still with them would be happy in SFL3? I doubt that Green will do another Murray / Whyte and pay players he can't afford, at best he might employ a handful of second best stars for one season that he still can't really afford.

2. Exactly how many of the 'loyal' jabbering masses who currently 'follow follow' them and attend matches will want to attend SFL3 matches? I'd put my money on at least as many as currently go to the away games, i.e. the away crowd. This won't help clear debt or reduce their operating losses.

3. Don't dismiss the football in SFL3 or below that. Remember teams like Irvine Meadow (SJFL league) who we played a few years back in the Cup and at ER the score was only 3-0 whereas in a friendly against Barcelona we got trumped 7-0. SPL level is closer to SFL3 that you might think. With a handful of boys and old men and has beens a NewHunCo might not steamroller their way anywhere and even one season of no promotion would I believe IMHO be the...

....final nail in their bigoted coffin.

4. Sadly this probably means, as has already been said by another earlier poster, that the very worst blue blooded blue nosed jabbering bigoted orcs will choose another hive to live in, e.g. Hearts, Airdrie etc. or they might follow the example of FC United of Manchester who were created from new by rebel fans who disagreed with the takeover of Manchester United by the Americans. Different reason but they could do that form something like FC Rangers of Glasgow.

IMHO though, if the pro-Hun apologist elements planted everywhere in the establishment, SFA, SPL, media etc. can be overcome and NewHunCo don't get into the SPL or SFL1 then I think they will never be in the top flight of Scottish football again thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    And of course, they'll be starting the season with a 27 point deduction (a third of previous season) based on the recently agreed fair play rules on administration.

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Totally agree Hoxton. I like it when someone says it like it is, especially someone at Vlad's level. What a brilliant antidote to some of the weaseling pish we've heard from the likes of D&P and Doncaster and Kennedy. No 'quantum blah blah' from Vlad of Vilnius Castle :D

Quote Originally Posted by hoxtonhibby View Post
    http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/2...241384_2818454

appolgies for linking to 'their' website, say what you will about mad vlad but that statement is a cracker, even by his standards! particuarly enjoyed;

"The football mafia represented by former owners of Rangers FC and Rupert Murdoch's media are to blame for some of the worst problems to hit Scottish football and must not be allowed back in under any circumstances.''

and;

"They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale''

would be good if a few more chairman (four more to be precise) would come out in such unequivocal terms!

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

Looking through that again is a real eye-opener

£1 million Nano Capucho received for 22 games played

Cheatin bassas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lungo--Drom View Post
    If NewHunCo The Rangers Sevco 5088 are admitted to SFL3 then it would take a minimum of three seasons to get promotion to the SPL.

There is a lot of assumption going on about the steamroller effect that they would retain that would enable them to do this.

1. Which players that are still with them would be happy in SFL3? I doubt that Green will do another Murray / Whyte and pay players he can't afford, at best he might employ a handful of second best stars for one season that he still can't really afford.

2. Exactly how many of the 'loyal' jabbering masses who currently 'follow follow' them and attend matches will want to attend SFL3 matches? I'd put my money on at least as many as currently go to the away games, i.e. the away crowd. This won't help clear debt or reduce their operating losses.

3. Don't dismiss the football in SFL3 or below that. Remember teams like Irvine Meadow (SJFL league) who we played a few years back in the Cup and at ER the score was only 3-0 whereas in a friendly against Barcelona we got trumped 7-0. SPL level is closer to SFL3 that you might think. With a handful of boys and old men and has beens a NewHunCo might not steamroller their way anywhere and even one season of no promotion would I believe IMHO be the...

....final nail in their bigoted coffin.

4. Sadly this probably means, as has already been said by another earlier poster, that the very worst blue blooded blue nosed jabbering bigoted orcs will choose another hive to live in, e.g. Hearts, Airdrie etc. or they might follow the example of FC United of Manchester who were created from new by rebel fans who disagreed with the takeover of Manchester United by the Americans. Different reason but they could do that form something like FC Rangers of Glasgow.

IMHO though, if the pro-Hun apologist elements planted everywhere in the establishment, SFA, SPL, media etc. can be overcome and NewHunCo don't get into the SPL or SFL1 then I think they will never be in the top flight of Scottish football again thankfully.
    Some of us have been advocating a return to two divisions. I wonder if this might happen now.

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    We could do with a few other Chairmen coming out to support Vlad's rant!

This would show that the other clubs should not stand for any weasel scenarios and "deals" that the SPL/Rangers New Club, Sky etc., try to concoct to mitigate their punishments!

The 10/11 other SPL Clubs are holding the aces in this fiasco. They should not let the opportunity to cleanse the game in Scotland to pass by! This is the chance in a lifetime.

Wonder how Michael Johnston is taking all this.

Auld Vlad's going down a storm on RM its hilarious

Another thing spell checker do these plums ever use it

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/inde...owtopic=223423

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post

If they get relegated from the SPL to the 1st Div rather than Dunfermline, I would assume they would technically finish the season on -10 points, so would start from scratch or given the way the authorities in this country are bending over backwards, probably start on +3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    Wonder how Michael Johnston is taking all this.
    Right on que... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/footbal...medium=twitter

Seems he's moved back from the whole 'We must save them at ANY / ALL COSTS!!!!' viewpoint at least.

Still think he's talking **** though, 1,000 season tickets to equal the money lost by a few thousand Rangers fans coming twice a year? How cheap are Killie season tickets?!

@hibs.net private member
    Is Jimmy Carr a Rangers fan? Seem to have similar tax arrangements. Hopefully all the tax dodging players will be shamed in the same way as he has.

Blog Entries
    Right on que... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/footbal...medium=twitter

Seems he's moved back from the whole 'We must save them at ANY / ALL COSTS!!!!' viewpoint at least.

Still think he's talking **** though, 1,000 season tickets to equal the money lost by a few thousand Rangers fans coming twice a year? How cheap are Killie season tickets?!
    He better consider the impact of a boycott from other clubs if he votes "yes".