hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 386 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2863363763843853863873883964364868861386 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,580 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually feel sorry for Charles Green now. The media love in with Sir Walter Cheat and Ally McCrook will allow these sneaks to let others take the heat through administration and liquidation then step in and buy the club at a snip. He's being shafted as much as the creditors.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I truly hope they can sort out this mess very quickly. Scottish football needs to know what is happening, as they have a fixture list to publish very quickly. It would be terrible if Glasgow Rangers couldn't say what is happening, as the league would need to know that the club is on a strong footing before making any decisions about them.

For Rangers not to know where they will be playing next season will surely be disastrous. They've been selling a new strip and everything - it's not like a new team could just put those strips with their iconic badge on, if they weren't the same people.

The alternative is to tell them to come back at such point as they are stable again, and let another team into the league. Moan The Spartans!

Blog Entries
    This is becoming such a prolonged public mess that Rangers should face a further charge of bringing the game into disrepute.

The gloves are off for a right keelie fight for supremacy in the midden!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brando7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Charles Green says the newco have applied for a place in the SPL but surely there is no vacancy if the original Glasgow Rangers are still in the league?????????. Should the administrators not first resign from the SPL to create a vacancy for the new club? Obviously if they were to resign, or be expelled, they would quite rightly not be able to vote on their replacement???
    Hope the New Club, ( not Newco ) has enclosed its 3 years certified accounts with the application or will Doncaster ignore the SPL rules again .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    I actually feel sorry for Charles Green now. The media love in with Sir Walter Cheat and Ally McCrook will allow these sneaks to let others take the heat through administration and liquidation then step in and buy the club at a snip. He's being shafted as much as the creditors.
    Who's to say that the lot of them haven't stitched the whole thing between them?

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    This whole Walter Smith thingy really makes me boak.

They have sat on the sidelines awaiting the outcome of the CVA and now when Green & CO take the club through the process they try and turn the support against them so they can step in and get a debt free club on the cheap.

There are some seriously wealthy individuals backing Walter Smith and whilst there will be sanctions & possible embargo's etc I can see some serious money being pumped into the club and if the other SPL teams fail to throw them into the 3rd Division then I can see them coming straight back in and winning the title.

The thought of that happening after all the cheating & corruption that has gone would be bad enough, but the sheer gloating that would prevail from the hun masses would be stomach churning.

The other SPL clubs must for the sake of Scottish football vote NO to 'The Rangers Football Club' getting back in the SPL.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    So we now have two rangers or one?

whose board does green sit on, just the newco?

does this mean the liquidators get the spl vote rather than duff and phelps?

surely if the Rangers are a new co then they shouldn't have any vote on who replaces them in the league ( thats if they do go bye bye and other league chairmen don't vote with their wallets)

common sense should prevail with the meeting on who can vote on who comes up.

I think this meeting will be a stitch up and, Rangers will not go down, that way the SFA can go to the FIFA and say they wanted this and that but that the other chairmen wanted to keep them in the SPL for the so called invisible financial benifits to the other SPL clubs. (THEY SAID THEY CANT LIVE OR FUNCTION WITHOUT THE FINANCE FROM THE RANGERS GATE RECEIPTS)

Aberdeen fans ahve submitted paper work to their board saying that just another 300 season tickets will make up the lost revenue from Rangers if they go down.
    Last edited by thefifer1959; 14-06-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Hope the New Club, ( not Newco ) has enclosed its 3 years certified accounts with the application or will Doncaster ignore the SPL rules again .
    Do I recall seeing somewhere that Green's bid was dependant on the club retaining it's SPL status?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Ya know, the more I think about it the more I worry :-/

I defo want no rangers in the SPL next year but

Looking at what Watties saying he has a grand plan
    Take the punishment, get into SFL 3 and make yer way back up, 3 year European ban doesn't even register.
    During those years you'll make loads of cash from a loyal support so that when you do hit the SPL again your gonna win, then it's Europe and with the cash that's come in over the previous 3/4 years v's the relatively low outgoings your now in a position to spend big and remain within the new financial FairPlay rules.... Putting them top of the pile across Europe.

CWG or someone PLEASE tell me this is a crock of sh*t? ..... (nicely)

:-(

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    So we now have two rangers or one?

whose board does green sit on, just the newco?

does this mean the liquidators get the spl vote rather than duff and phelps?
    Two. It's like a Dr Who episode: The Master is cloning them. New Murrays are being produced by the busload to take charge of these NewHun mini-pods. At some point (possibly on the 12th of July), they're all going to rip their masks off, and they're all going to look strangely like John Simms.....

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    Two. It's like a Dr Who episode: The Master is cloning them. New Murrays are being produced by the busload to take charge of these NewHun mini-pods. At some point (possibly on the 12th of July), they're all going to rip their masks off, and they're all going to look strangely like John Simms.....
    There's only four Andy Gorams.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    This whole Walter Smith thingy really makes me boak.

They have sat on the sidelines awaiting the outcome of the CVA and now when Green & CO take the club through the process they try and turn the support against them so they can step in and get a debt free club on the cheap.

There are some seriously wealthy individuals backing Walter Smith and whilst there will be sanctions & possible embargo's etc I can see some serious money being pumped into the club and if the other SPL teams fail to throw them into the 3rd Division then I can see them coming straight back in and winning the title.

The thought of that happening after all the cheating & corruption that has gone would be bad enough, but the sheer gloating that would prevail from the hun masses would be stomach churning.

The other SPL clubs must for the sake of Scottish football vote NO to 'The Rangers Football Club' getting back in the SPL.
    The analogy of the bully is evident. For years they've thrown their weight around, thick as two short planks, but still steal your dinner money without remorse. The head teacher (played by the SFA/SPL) is too scared ****less to tackle the problem, so it pervades. Finally, the victims have their opportunity to fix the bugger at long last. What will the 10 victims do ? Cower away sheepishly while the bully threatens them outside ?

So to the 10 chairmen who have an opportunity to do the right thing... I say....

Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell the Huns that they may screw our clubs, but they'll never take... OUR SPORTING INTEGRITY !

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    ...Hey, keep me out of this - I was an innocent bystander enjoying the banter!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    strangely enough Sue,the episode of Dr Who that gave me the heebie geebies was the one(circa 1970)that involved a teddy bear,it climbed over the frontseat of a car,and strangled the driver.For a 6 inch bear,it scared the **** out of me.

aaaanyway.....the huns won't buy any season tickets till Green gives way to the soon to be sainted()Sir Walt.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    strangely enough Sue,the episode of Dr Who that gave me the heebie geebies was the one(circa 1970)that involved a teddy bear,it climbed over the frontseat of a car,and strangled the driver.For a 6 inch bear,it scared the **** out of me.

aaaanyway.....the huns won't buy any season tickets till Green gives way to the soon to be sainted()Sir Walt.
    ....teddy bear. 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee 4 View Post

Rangers have signed up there 1st new sponsor for new season in the SPL
    http://www.robot-food.com/wp-content...10/10/1001.png

Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Do I recall seeing somewhere that Green's bid was dependant on the club retaining it's SPL status?
    It was conditional on competing in all domestic competitions.

A Scottish Cup ban could scupper the deal.

What could force Green out is if the support fail to buy season tickets. They would run out of money very quick and open the way for Walter Smith.

Blog Entries
    The natives overby are bolstered by the Walter Smith consortium and in the space of a few hours they think they're calling all the shots. They are debating whether they should accept a place in the SPL and fight despite any sanctions, go down to the 3rd division and bankrupt as many clubs as possible or accept the compromise of a place in the 1st division. I hope enough club CEO's have the balls to put them in their place ...... Something tells me they won't.

Blog Entries
    The Rangers Supporters Trust has urged fans not to renew season tickets in a bid to put pressure on Mr Green to sell to Mr Smith's consortium.

There will be scottish teams playing Euro matches before this gets resolved.........

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Scotland Tonight special starting about it all on ITV.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

So what is the new club (newco for short) called now ?

Rangers are dead so ?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    So what is the new club (newco for short) called now ?

Rangers are dead so ?
    The Rangers Football Club
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

It's online too, quite funny already - I've missed so much news coverage living in London...

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Just heard that on STV -

Surely they will need to rebrand the stadium and kit they wear from now on ?

The leagues will still have just Rangers - it's like nothing has changed

When is the SPL vote ? Has this been confirmed yet ?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    I thought their new name was gonna be Willem III :(
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Zzzz this programme is just reminding me of why I hate them so much

Yes see them all disgusted at signing a catholic

It's gonna get worse when the apologists and sycophants start speaking