hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1456 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 456956135614061446145414551456145714581466 ... LastLast
Results 43,651 to 43,680 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bit of a blow to the liquidators and the creditors.

http://https://www.thenational.scot/...ation/?ref=rss

Only awarded £3.4m in their case against D&P, rather than the £47m they were seeking.

However, it does confirm that D&P didn't do their job properly.

It remains to be seen whether BDO will appeal.

That’ll be the same BDO who handled the Hearts administration and awarded a CVA when the creditors vote was actually against the CVA.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Thought this was pretty funny.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport...20210811211044

Rangers

"Definitely the more repellent half of the Old Firm rivalry, perhaps because they’ve no Pope of Rome to provide spiritual guidance. In a movie going into administration and rising back up the ranks would be a journey that made the team and their fans better people. In real life? No"

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton1875 View Post

Rangers

"Definitely the more repellent half of the Old Firm rivalry, perhaps because they’ve no Pope of Rome to provide spiritual guidance. In a movie going into administration and rising back up the ranks would be a journey that made the team and their fans better people. In real life? No"
    Whole article pretty well thought out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rangers

Except that in real life they went into admin and only came out dead in a box.

@hibs.net private member

Rangers

Statement incoming…

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    Statement incoming…
    Indeed, really can't see their fans liking the bit about becoming better people, or any form of self improvement at all.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar

Rangers

A bit of a shame that the author of the article neglected to add "quite the opposite in fact" after that "No".

I mean they were a horrid bunch before, but now they seem even more bitter, twisted and hateful

Here's a really good article by Gordon Waddell from 2019 on the ugly side of the fans of both The Rangers and Celtic... as well as the failure of the SPFL/SFA to do anything about it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...orted-14041759

"There are so many threads to pull on this issue but the saddest aspect is that most of them are exactly the same ones this column hoped it would, at some point, stop pulling when it started 25 years ago."

"Yet here we are, in 2019, still having to listen to men being called Fenian b******s and Orange b******s by thousands, often tens of thousands, still having to listen to the choral wing of the Provisional IRA poison the air in the away ends at every ground in the country, and still having to answer ‘zero’ to the question: What is anyone doing about it?’"

Huns at their tactless best on social media again.

Playing the tune to the ‘Famine Song’ on a video for their anniversary shirt, claiming to have 150 years of history.

Shameless, despicable club. They can claim it’s innocent and the tune of another song, but given Huns were arrested for racism for their version of that tune, they can’t claim it’s anything other than sectarian dogwhistling to their demented support.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BegbieHSC View Post

Playing the tune to the ‘Famine Song’ on a video for their anniversary shirt, claiming to have 150 years of history.

Shameless, despicable club. They can claim it’s innocent and the tune of another song, but given Huns were arrested for racism for their version of that tune, they can’t claim it’s anything other than sectarian dogwhistling to their demented support.
    That’s outrageous. Surely it’s some random, unrelated agency running an advert the club have no connection with??? If not, the club with no history also has no shame.

Absolutely appalling, and I'm genuinely surprised they've been so blatant - which can only have been done with intent, knowing how it will be received.
    A thoroughly disgusting institution.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar

Under the guise of “4 Men Had a Dream” to the same tune. Taking the total piss. At least David Murray tried to tackle the cancer, banning the playing of ‘Simply the Best’ due to the persistent ‘add-ons’ chanted by Rangers fans. New club actively encourage the fans to be bigoted.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    That’s outrageous. Surely it’s some random, unrelated agency running an advert the club have no connection with??? If not, the club with no history also has no shame.
    I wouldn't have thought so

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...r-21702050.amp

You'd think so but sadly not.

-----------------

On another The Rangers subject: Gerrard has been ranting on again about the SPFL daring to finsih the league early in 2020 and declaring Celtc as champions and relegating Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    You'd think so but sadly not.

-----------------

On another The Rangers subject: Gerrard has been ranting on again about the SPFL daring to finsih the league early in 2020 and declaring Celtc as champions and relegating Hearts.
    Boohoo, poor Gerrard.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    The use of the tune is as blatent as the Dutch tribute Orange strips.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I said it on the Porteous thread the other day. Why would Rangers change?

They know fine well no one will really stand up to them and everyone just falls into line when they demand it. They'll rub everyone's noses in it with this nonsense. A few people will complain, Michael Stewart will eventually be cancelled like Jim Spence was for speaking the truth and then it will all die down.

They are hypocrites and bullies and it seems only a handful in Scottish football have the balls to stand up to them.

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar
    Just for info I described Lungstram a dirty fouling Hun on Facebook and that is now regarded as hate speech and I got a 7 day ban. Unbelievably when you consider the amount of bile posted by Huns

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by degenerated View Post
    Yeh, sadly I kind of knew I was asking a rhetorical question. The authorities need to address this right here and now.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 15-10-2021 at 07:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    The use of the tune is as blatent as the Dutch tribute Orange strips.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Is say it’s worse as it’s pretty clear it’s justifying actions for which some of their followers are likely to be facing criminal charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    Just for info I described Lungstram a dirty fouling Hun on Facebook and that is now regarded as hate speech and I got a 7 day ban. Unbelievably when you consider the amount of bile posted by Huns
    Blame Nil by mouth for that, they are the ones that pandered to the huns claims and promoted the falsehood that it was sectarian.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Blame Nil by mouth for that, they are the ones that pandered to the huns claims and promoted the falsehood that it was sectarian.
    https://twitter.com/nbmscotland/stat...297993729?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I was criticising them for leading the charge for having the word "Hun" being considered as sectarian.

They’re going to sail too close to the wind very soon.

Utterly despicable institution.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    their shares must be worth something like 0000000.01p or thereabouts

Dilute
    Dilute
    Dilute Dilute Dilute

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I was criticising them for leading the charge for having the word "Hun" being considered as sectarian.
    I wasn’t challenging you or your post just highlighting the public stance NBM have taken on this occasion. They have touched a nerve and were fairly scathingly

You are right they have been part of the problem in allowing a false equivalence around anti-catholic hatred to form.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    I wasn’t challenging you or your post just highlighting the public stance NBM have taken on this occasion. They have touched a nerve and were fairly scathingly

You are right they have been part of the problem in allowing a false equivalence around anti-catholic hatred to form.

Can't fault their response in this instance. I couldn't agree more about the equivocating though.

As appalling as that club is it's still, even for them, astonishing that their high command would think that was a good idea. Breathtakingly stupid and undermines their own complaints about the treatment of their own player Kamara. Gerrard must be privately embarrassed.....

@hibs.net private member
    You have a fair point but the definition of racially offensive language/behaviour includes that ‘if any person believes it to be’ then it has to be treated as racially offensive language/behaviour. Now I realise that is overarching but I expect the definition applies to sectarian or bigoted language/behaviour too. 🤔

Thing is it’s a two way street and if we are to address this behaviour then there are things we may not understand or agree with but we must suck up. If we don’t then nothing moves forward I’m afraid.

You have a fair point but the definition of racially offensive language/behaviour includes that ‘if any person believes it to be’ then it has to be treated as racially offensive language/behaviour. Now I realise that is overarching but I expect the definition applies to sectarian or bigoted language/behaviour too.

Thing is it’s a two way street and if we are to address this behaviour then there are things we may not understand or agree with but we must suck up. If we don’t then nothing moves forward I’m afraid.
    That's a fair point but we have to be careful not to get caught up in whataboutery, which is exactly how the term Hun started getting portrayed as being sectarian.