hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1425 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 4259251325137514151423142414251426142714351475 ... LastLast
Results 42,721 to 42,750 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only readable and understandable bits of his site are where he quotes someone else!
    100% agree - and especially in that article.

The analysis from the rangers supporter he quoted was both brutal & spot on (to my eyes)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    I know Mr MacGiollaBhain has a very annoying writing style, and is frequently full of bluster, but some of this looks a reasonable read

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2019/0...nd-hard-facts/

speculation that sevco are in line for an 8 figure sum to pay as penalty to Sports Direct, and it won't begin with a 1

£20m-£30m is the guess going on here

Close Brothers may be nervous and might be the canary in the mine here... as long as they sit tight, it's probably not end game. But if they do get twitchy...
    Phil MacG predicts hugely debilitating event for The Rangers!

There's a surprise.

I suppose if he does it often enough it might make it come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Well not if the money you put in it is from your wages that was taxed in first place.
    You get tax relief on pension contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    Phil MacG predicts hugely debilitating event for The Rangers!

There's a surprise.

I suppose if he does it often enough it might make it come true.
    It did the first time around while he was being dismissed as a fantasist.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    It did the first time around while he was being dismissed as a fantasist.
    If you mean 2012 there were plenty on here predicting the same thing.
    And they were mostly fantasists.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. ****gy View Post
    If you mean 2012 there were plenty on here predicting the same thing.
    And they were mostly fantasists.
    No apologies from me for fantasizing about that shower of cants going under again, can't come soon enough. I enjoy reading Phil's stuff, it's a refreshing change from the mainstream press and I would like to think that I'm intelligent enough to form my own opinions about what is happening based on reading multiple sources.

Phil may not be everyone cup of tea but back in 2011 him and rangerstaxcase.com were the only one’s with this story. It was completely ignored by the MSM even though all the facts were out there if they wanted to look for them.
    He was widely mocked then as well. Who remembers Chic Young on radio Scotland telling everyone there was no chance Rangers were going bust and not to listen to internet bampots?
    Or Craig Whyte being introduced as a billionaire by the daily Record?
    It’s easy to mock him but he still broke the biggest story in Scottish football in the last 50 years, maybe more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Phil may not be everyone cup of tea but back in 2011 him and rangerstaxcase.com were the only one’s with this story. It was completely ignored by the MSM even though all the facts were out there if they wanted to look for them.
    He was widely mocked then as well. Who remembers Chic Young on radio Scotland telling everyone there was no chance Rangers were going bust and not to listen to internet bampots?
    It’s easy to mock him but he still broke the biggest story in Scottish football in the last 50 years, maybe more.

The mainstream press still aren't covering it, I've yet to see coverage of the court loss this week on the BBC.......

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    ...and in related matters

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49124375

'Shambles' as Sports Direct's results delayed
    Being reported that the delay is due to a 600 million euro tax bill from Belgium surfacing yesterday! If that killed them and took the huns down with them that would be a sweet sweet moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Being reported that the delay is due to a 600 million euro tax bill from Belgium surfacing yesterday! If that killed them and took the huns down with them that would be a sweet sweet moment.
    Whilst that would be nice, do we not need a strong Sports Direct here? One with pots of cash to spend on lawyers and one less likely to accept a lowball settlement from anyone, as they are an institution desperate to get their hands on any cash possible asap (the position Sevco frequently find themselves in?)
    Last edited by Smartie; 26-07-2019 at 05:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Whilst that would be nice, do we not need a strong Sports Direct here? One with pots of cash to spend on lawyers and one less likely to accept a lowball settlement from anyone, as they are an institution desperate to get their hands on any cash possible asap (the position Sevco frequently find themselves in?)
    Possibly, but I'm thinking maybe SD liquidation would mean that liquidators would need to realise any assets asap, including whatever Sevco owe them? If SD are strong then they'd want to take their pound of flesh gradually from huns to avoid killing the golden goose (also a good outcome) whereas if they're distressed they may actually sink them?

Possibly, but I'm thinking maybe SD liquidation would mean that liquidators would need to realise any assets asap, including whatever Sevco owe them? If SD are strong then they'd want to take their pound of flesh gradually from huns to avoid killing the golden goose (also a good outcome) whereas if they're distressed they may actually sink them?
    Not if you apply Yamonomics. In that case if the company you own millions to goes bust, you get away with. Apparently!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Sports Direct SFO resigned tonight?

Is it better for us to have Sevco dead asap or being bled dry for years by Sports Direct?

10 in a row, no serious spending to match Celtic and they might die of natural causes along the way.

Is it better for us to have Sevco dead asap or being bled dry for years by Sports Direct?

10 in a row, no serious spending to match Celtic and they might die of natural causes along the way.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Hamstrung seasons whilst giving them a few more four zips.

@hibs.net private member

Neither of those is a terrible option to be fair! On balance I think they're better dead asap - the existence of any kind of hun, weakened or otherwise, strengthens Celtic too. If their bigot brothers die it'll take some of the Celtic raison d'etre away too and their support will start to lose interest.

Blog Entries

I agree Ozy though I think Phil Mac plagiarised a lot from rangerstaxcase & one other IIRC. Anyway, wee Craig wasn't just a billionaire, he had off the radar wealth per Keith Jackson. Only in Scotland could a reporter get promoted after such a c!!k up!

@hibs.net private member
    Sports Direct in a wee bit of financial trouble today. No chance Big Mike will be taking a penny less than he is due which could be in the 8 figures.

The only way out of that agreement must be an admin event!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    You do realise that you're avoiding tax by putting money into an ISA or a pension?

Although I agree that the fancy lawyers and accountants looking to create and exploit an unintentional loophole in the wording should be dealt with permanently.
    Pensions are taxable. You get tax relief when you put money into a pension (as an incentive to save) but pension income is taxed like any other income.

ISAs are funded with money that has already been taxed. You just don't pay any tax on the gain.

So, pensions and ISAs aren't tax avoidance at all.

That Phil guy is far to regularly quoted on this site. He's an embarrassment and obviously keen to predict death of rangers and now sevco

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    That Phil guy is far to regularly quoted on this site. He's an embarrassment and obviously keen to predict death of rangers and now sevco
    To be fair I don’t think he ever claims to be an impartial observer.

Although to be fair if it wasn't for him nobody would have been aware they went bust the last time.

It's the MSM that should be embarrassed.
    Space to let

I quoted his piece yesterday - to highlight what a rangers shareholder said in Phil's piece.

I'd say yesterday's quote was a useful one (and one the MSM aren't using) as it said 'what King did with Sports Direct 2 years ago was potentially sensible but only if you are not planning to then slag SD off to your/their customers' and the rangers person then gave some decent rationale.

You don't need to read it. But if you did want to read it then - as others have said - you actually have to read it on his site as the MSM are in a bigger vacuum than Dyson.

Generic Sevco / Rangers meltdown thread

Straight from the David Murray playbook. Sevconians all excited again and forgetting all about the large amounts of money due.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

Although it’s not exactly up there with this classic.

Last edited by Ozyhibby; 27-07-2019 at 09:05 AM.

The most annoying thing about the whole Rangers/ Sevco saga is how difficult it is to get decent news or facts.

The Rangerstaxcase blog was excellent.

Utter pish, like what is in the article above, is par for the course for what you would expect to get from the MSM - interesting to see link halfway down the article to a story that Morelos was watched by AC Milan against Progres. I mean, this stuff is fantasy land drivel.

I don't really hold the Phil and JohnJames stuff in much higher regard. As was mentioned, Phil does deserve some credit for his work on the story, but his writing style is incredibly annoying to read. The other side of the coin from the Traynor led fanboys of the MSM is the frothing Celtic minded buffoon who exists in some remote place for their own safety because of the dynamite blogs they write, constantly predicting the imminent demise of Sevco - a demise that is yet to be seen but by contributing financially to the site you'll have ringside seat when it all kicks off.

If only there was something balanced in between.

The general comment on here is about as good as it gets.

I miss CropleyWasGod.

@hibs.net private member
    … Phil does deserve some credit for his work on the story, but his writing style is incredibly annoying to read.
    This! I just can't read his blog posts without getting annoyed at the writing.

I miss CropleyWasGod.
    Me too.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    The most annoying thing about the whole Rangers/ Sevco saga is how difficult it is to get decent news or facts.

The Rangerstaxcase blog was excellent.

Utter pish, like what is in the article above, is par for the course for what you would expect to get from the MSM - interesting to see link halfway down the article to a story that Morelos was watched by AC Milan against Progres. I mean, this stuff is fantasy land drivel.

I don't really hold the Phil and JohnJames stuff in much higher regard. As was mentioned, Phil does deserve some credit for his work on the story, but his writing style is incredibly annoying to read. The other side of the coin from the Traynor led fanboys of the MSM is the frothing Celtic minded buffoon who exists in some remote place for their own safety because of the dynamite blogs they write, constantly predicting the imminent demise of Sevco - a demise that is yet to be seen but by contributing financially to the site you'll have ringside seat when it all kicks off.

If only there was something balanced in between.

The general comment on here is about as good as it gets.

I miss CropleyWasGod.
    i gave up on John James as he’s clearly has mental health issues.

PMG seems to have good sources and doesn’t tend to post unless he’s something to say. Don’t mind his writing style but his brand of republican fundamentalism is annoying.

The Scottish Football monitor is well intentioned but is repetitive and feels like it is running out of steam a bit.

as others have said how do you keep up with all things Rangers if the press aren’t doing their job.

Left by mutual consent!
    Straight from the David Murray playbook. Sevconians all excited again and forgetting all about the large amounts of money due.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

Although it’s not exactly up there with this classic.

Shocker - Hun have a very bad day, 2-3 days later the 'Record' publishes a 'Its about to get bigger and better' article !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Shocker - Hun have a very bad day, 2-3 days later the 'Record' publishes a 'Its about to get bigger and better' article !
    With its proximity to Glasgow International Airport, the casino is bound to be a magnet for all those oil rich arabs that didn't use the Golden Jubilee hospital. Fair play to the weedgies, if health care doesn't bring in the oil dollars, then gambling surely will.

Just see some Sheikh running through his list of places to go and blow a few million dollars: Las Vegas; Sun City; Govan.

Tough call.

The Morelos / Milan story originated from Italian media.