hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1423 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 4239231323137314131421142214231424142514331473 ... LastLast
Results 42,661 to 42,690 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Put a smile on my face as I can't see any negatives in that.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    They are spewing on follow follow.

You can read if you want, if you don't want to I wouldn't blame you
    https://www.followfollow.com/forum/t...t.82606/page-2
    Tears to a glass eye 🤣

Left by mutual consent!
    I just love it when this thread pops up to the top again and with this latest stuff it is all rather amusing. Get in there Ashley

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Not sure if I fully grasp this, suggestion is they are tied to Sports Direct forever. Surely that's not the case ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Not sure if I fully grasp this, suggestion is they are tied to Sports Direct forever. Surely that's not the case ?
    Doubt that. Sure they will need to see the 7 year deal out, so any profits from official merchandise will belong to Mash. Last seasons merchandise profits will also belong to Mash.

Hope Bologna got their money up front for the big Swedish defender lol.....

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Any chance of solving this one with a wee five way agreement, then quickly "moving on"?

Thought not

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Doubt that. Sure they will need to see the 7 year deal out, so any profits from official merchandise will belong to Mash. Last seasons merchandise profits will also belong to Mash.
    My understanding is (and this is confusing and I could be completely wrong) is that the 7 year agreement was bought out by Sevco at a cost of 3 million which (oddly enough) wasn't reported by the press at the time. Where they royally screwed up is that the contract that they then agreed to with Ashley was even worse and allowed Ashley matching rights pretty much in perpetuity. I'll happily stand corrected if I'm wrong....

If anyone's struggling to make sense of it, don't worry It'll all be forensically analysed across tomorrow's msm.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    My understanding is (and this is confusing and I could be completely wrong) is that the 7 year agreement was bought out by Sevco at a cost of 3 million which (oddly enough) wasn't reported by the press at the time. Where they royally screwed up is that the contract that they then agreed to with Ashley was even worse and allowed Ashley matching rights pretty much in perpetuity. I'll happily stand corrected if I'm wrong....
    Oh please let that be true.

That Rings a bell.. i seem to remember something about a settlement before that ashley deal and i think it was reported in the papers down here about the same time as the ashley deal....

cause it's not often they actually print anything about scottish fitba.. rag top papers..

Think you’re right.The case is all about Rangers thinking that the words of the contract don’t mean what they say.They have yet again,even more forcibly,been told that they do.It seems to me that all Rangers have done by forcing the issue is landed themselves not just with the contract and legal costs but with damages which could tip them over again if they’re pursued.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Think you’re right.The case is all about Rangers thinking that the words of the contract don’t mean what they say.They have yet again,even more forcibly,been told that they do.It seems to me that all Rangers have done by forcing the issue is landed themselves not just with the contract and legal costs but with damages which could tip them over again if they’re pursued.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    I've googled and there's not one solitary media-outlet got anything to say on this news - of course that's no big surprise but I really wish CWG would make a comeback to clarify things ??

One pice of info I did find on them is absolutely hilarious -

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...sion-1-4969334

'"We have a rich history of success and achievement but we should also be regarded as a modern and fair football club which opposes all forms of anti-social and discriminatory behaviour, including bigotry, racism, sectarianism, homophobia and sexism'

The Hun - well known for their tolerant and welcoming culture ............................... unbelieveable - I bet there was the traditional total absence of a red-face on their spokesman !

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I've googled and there's not one solitary media-outlet got anything to say on this news - of course that's no big surprise but I really wish CWG would make a comeback to clarify things ??

One pice of info I did find on them is absolutely hilarious -

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...sion-1-4969334

'"We have a rich history of success and achievement but we should also be regarded as a modern and fair football club which opposes all forms of anti-social and discriminatory behaviour, including bigotry, racism, sectarianism, homophobia and sexism'

The Hun - well known for their tolerant and welcoming culture ............................... unbelieveable - I bet there was the traditional total absence of a red-face on their spokesman !
    Oh I think there is a fair chance the the spokesman's face was very red but that would have been the alcohol as opposed to embarrassment.....

Nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    😂 This is brilliant, ashley has the knuckle draggers over a barrel, liquidation part 2 on the horizon? Can imagine that Ashley will receive a sizable figure from sevco for what has happened 😁

Loving the Daily Ranger's take on this: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...hleys-18667096

Tell the story of poor old hard done by Rangers then devote half the article to how bad a nasty man Mike Ashley is, but don't mention anything about the convicted fraudster Dave King or any of the Rangers dubious contractual dealings...

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    They are spewing on follow follow.

You can read if you want, if you don't want to I wouldn't blame you
    https://www.followfollow.com/forum/t...t.82606/page-2
    That's actually unusually balanced for them.
    I expected most of the posts to be threats of violence to Ashley.

The bit I'm really struggling with is the line "Rangers are appealing"......

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Loving the Daily Ranger's take on this: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...hleys-18667096

Tell the story of poor old hard done by Rangers then devote half the article to how bad a nasty man Mike Ashley is, but don't mention anything about the convicted fraudster Dave King or any of the Rangers dubious contractual dealings...
    Blame shifting as per usual, normally done by **** bags.. It is der hun afterall 😁

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post

Not sure about appealing but they are most certainly revolting 😁

Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    😂 This is brilliant, ashley has the knuckle draggers over a barrel, liquidation part 2 on the horizon? Can imagine that Ashley will receive a sizable figure from sevco for what has happened 😁
    Possibly, but there would be a good chance that Sevco would go breasts skywards if he demanded immediate payment of whatever damages are awarded. I'm thinking that Ashley will come to an agreement with Sevco with terms even more onerous than they are currently....

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post

I think we can all agree their fans are revolting.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    Not sure about appealing but they are most certainly revolting 😁
    Damn, didn't read far enough, beaten to the punchline again, sigh.

Possibly, but there would be a good chance that Sevco would go breasts skywards if he demanded immediate payment of whatever damages are awarded. I'm thinking that Ashley will come to an agreement with Sevco with terms even more onerous than they are currently....
    I do hope so. Much as I despise Ashley it is amusing to see him treat the zombies as his no 1 gimp.

Douglas Parks business has been in effective administration & has been run by the bank for the last 18 months. The bank have now instructed that Park sell the car sales part of his business immediately, all of this because he believed King, and King has rode him bareback. His loans to Sevco have been converted into worthless shares and he possibly has lost anything up to €12.5m propping up Kings ego/mouth. And King had the balls to ask him to put in another €2m last week so that they could pay the 1st instalment of the Swedish guy & their legal teams bills. Who by the way are working strictly on a cash basis only. Celtic are planning around them going bang again. Top it off, Dorrans, Murphy have been told to leave & if they don't think they will be training with the youths. Barasic has been told that he has no future and should be looking for a new club. The problem is that no one in Croatia will be or are paying anyone over €20k per week to any player there. They've left 5 people behind the scenes go just so they can make payroll for the players. Hummel have withheld the €1.4m start of the season bonus coz of the Commercial deal fiasco. Jimmy Bell has been busy buying kit without badges from the Hummel UK guy and then getting the badges etc put on. They're ****ed

Just had this sent to me from a mate, interesting stuff.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Douglas Parks business has been in effective administration & has been run by the bank for the last 18 months. The bank have now instructed that Park sell the car sales part of his business immediately, all of this because he believed King, and King has rode him bareback. His loans to Sevco have been converted into worthless shares and he possibly has lost anything up to €12.5m propping up Kings ego/mouth. And King had the balls to ask him to put in another €2m last week so that they could pay the 1st instalment of the Swedish guy & their legal teams bills. Who by the way are working strictly on a cash basis only. Celtic are planning around them going bang again. Top it off, Dorrans, Murphy have been told to leave & if they don't think they will be training with the youths. Barasic has been told that he has no future and should be looking for a new club. The problem is that no one in Croatia will be or are paying anyone over €20k per week to any player there. They've left 5 people behind the scenes go just so they can make payroll for the players. Hummel have withheld the €1.4m start of the season bonus coz of the Commercial deal fiasco. Jimmy Bell has been busy buying kit without badges from the Hummel UK guy and then getting the badges etc put on. They're ****ed

Got sent this earlier from a Celtic supporting mate ..... it’s believable up to the Jimmy Bell part 🤣

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    Got sent this earlier from a Celtic supporting mate ..... it’s believable up to the Jimmy Bell part 🤣
    Heard they were selling strips outside a pub😄

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Heard they were selling strips outside a pub😄
    They were - pop up shop outside the Louden Tavern....

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

This is the last set of accounts from Park's business. Seems to be profitable, but I don't really know what to look for. Paging CWG ... come back!

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...272c695d125474