hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1321 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 32182112211271131113191320132113221323133113711421 ... LastLast
Results 39,601 to 39,630 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their Going Concern status is based on them "making the group stages of the Europa League in 3 of the next 5 seasons".

That was established before they went out of the EL this year. So now it's 3 out of the next 4.
    They'll be lucky, with three qualifying rounds before the group stage. Fell at the first hurdle this season.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Lets make sure we finish above them then and make qualifying for Europe difficult for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    What does Resolution 11 mean in non-CWG language?
    CWG will prob correct me on this but I think it means the board can now create more shares and issue them to whoever it chooses at a price that it chooses without offering the same deal to all shareholders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Lets make sure we finish above them then and make qualifying for Europe difficult for them.
    Difficult when they are able to use cash from offshore sources not available to teams spending within our means.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    McInness to be appointed manager next week apparently.
    Deserves all he gets, or doesn’t get, if he goes there! No money, no decent players and no trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Deserves all he gets, or doesn’t get, if he goes there! No money, no decent players and no trophies
    There is a few decent players there, only a few at most with Windass imo being there best. McInnis would be a mug professionally to go there. I like the guy and assume he will have the sense to stay put for now.

And what effect (if any) will Lord Bannatyne's judgement have if he finds for the take over panel?

I think it means that they can convert debt owed to the directors into new shares without having to give other shareholders the chance to increase their holdings. That wouldn't bring any fresh money to the club, but it would make it easier for them to comply with UEFA's fair play rules.

They plan to let Club1872 buy more shares as that would actually raise some cash. For other shareholders it means that the value of what they own will be reduced. That means that if Lord Bannatyne finds for the TOP a price of 20p per share could look very attractive to anyone who isn't there purely as a fan.

If King's compelled to offer 20p for all other shares and a significant proportion accept (say the 22% who voted against Resolution 11 plus the off-shore holdings who weren't allowed to vote), it'll cost him several millions in addition to the £7m he's apparently pledged to cover estimated losses up to summer 2019. If I was advising the three bears I'd be suggesting that they make plans for how they'll cope if he doesn't come up with the money when it's wanted.
    Last edited by ballengeich; 01-12-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    There is a few decent players there, only a few at most with Windass imo being there best. McInnis would be a mug professionally to go there. I like the guy and assume he will have the sense to stay put for now.
    That's where I am with McInnes - 'Greed' taking priority over 'Common-sense', which would be NOT taking over that basket-case of a club ! !. Earning probably 4-5 times what he's earning at Aberdeen would be the only reason for taking a job where he'll get non-stop grief for the heinous crime of finishing second/behind Septic !

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    That's where I am with McInnes - 'Greed' taking priority over 'Common-sense', which would be NOT taking over that basket-case of a club ! !. Earning probably 4-5 times what he's earning at Aberdeen would be the only reason for taking a job where he'll get non-stop grief for the heinous crime of finishing second/behind Septic !
    The Clash Should i stay or should i go
    Seems s shoe in if the Media frenzy on the West Coast is to be believed
    If Rangers were to win again at Aberdeen and and he jumps ship then And Rangers finish above Aberdeen Aberdeen fans would not be happy
    But he isn't really winning things at Aberdeen so if he Doesnt want to go down south he may well fancy the Challenge

Left by mutual consent!

And what effect (if any) will Lord Bannatyne's judgement have if he finds for the take over panel?
    If Lord Bannatyne issues the expected interlocutor ordering King to make good the share offer then that is exactly what he will have to do irrespective of any proposed Resolution 11.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    McInness to be appointed manager next week apparently.
    If he is its been an unmitigated embarrassment for both him and all concerned. I'd feel really sorry for the sheep fans who'd have been taken for mugs by both McInnes and the unbelievably shockingly biased scottish media and pundits who've once more been cheerleaders in unsettling and ensuring a move.

I'd be very angry if I was a sheep fan and this occurred just a few days after the chairman informing the supporters he wasn't going anywhere. I'd probably chuck football altogether.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    If he is its been an unmitigated embarrassment for both him and all concerned. I'd feel really sorry for the sheep fans who'd have been taken for mugs by both McInnes and the unbelievably shockingly biased scottish media and pundits who've once more been cheerleaders in unsettling and ensuring a move.

I'd be very angry if I was a sheep fan and this occurred just a few days after the chairman informing the supporters he wasn't going anywhere. I'd probably chuck football altogether.

GGTTH
    Especially if they lose 2 games to them in the week preceding it.

Hope McInnes goes to Sevco. He can’t be a success there while Celtic are so cash rich and it upsets Aberdeen. Win win.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    Especially if they lose 2 games to them in the week preceding it.
    That would be the nail in the coffin or a spark to ignite unprecedented anger. Sportsound midweek has been the loudest in proclaiming McInnes will be the next hun manager while no approach had been made. A disgrace if it happens.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think he will be a relative success if he goes to sevco, he will improve them in my opinion more than some of the clowns the've had recently.

He wont get near Celtic though, certainly not near enough for the mutants.

How long will they support him being 2nd best?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    The Hun have been using their propaganda wing to unsettle McInnes and even after he has said and his chairman has said he is staying they have still kept up the barrage of stories about him being next boss. The media in this country are a total disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    The Hun have been using their propaganda wing to unsettle McInnes and even after he has said and his chairman has said he is staying they have still kept up the barrage of stories about him being next boss. The media in this country are a total disgrace.
    If Mcinnes was serious when he pledged his loyalty to the sheep then nothing the media says would unsettle him. Unless he was using the media himself of course. If he was , don’t shoot the messenger.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If Mcinnes was serious when he pledged his loyalty to the sheep then nothing the media says would unsettle him. Unless he was using the media himself of course. If he was , don’t shoot the messenger.
    The day after the chairman of Aberdeen stated McInnes had informed him he (Mcinnes) had pledged to remain at Aberdeen Kenny McIntyre's Sportsound Team were speculating if it was the truth or not. Don't shoot the messenger line is pathetic at best.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think he will be a relative success if he goes to sevco, he will improve them in my opinion more than some of the clowns the've had recently.

He wont get near Celtic though, certainly not near enough for the mutants.

How long will they support him being 2nd best?
    Exactly - all that'll change is McInnes will be in a far higher tax-bracket, he'll never be off 'Sportscene' and he'll be heavily touted for Scotland-manager - all within 2 years - TOPS !

Meanwhile the Hun-loyal will be proving they're anything but loyal as their attendances plummet due to Septic nearing '10 in-a-row', despite Rangers cementing 'Best of the rest' (whoopee-doo - much the same as the Jambos one-time much proclaimed - '3rd-Best' !!), their debts will be £40m+ and the Scottish 'media' will still be advising them to get further into debt to theoretically challenge Septic !

Sooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to their next administration - surely they'll die this time ??

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    The day after the chairman of Aberdeen stated McInnes had informed him he (Mcinnes) had pledged to remain at Aberdeen Kenny McIntyre's Sportsound Team were speculating if it was the truth or not. Don't shoot the messenger line is pathetic at best.
    I will only believe Mcinnes doesn’t want to go to Rangers when he pledges his loyalty from the Pittodrie pitch.
    And if he left after that then it could only be the big bad media to blame for forcing him to move against his will.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I will only believe Mcinnes doesn’t want to go to Rangers when he pledges his loyalty from the Pittodrie pitch.
    And if he left after that then it could only be the big bad media to blame for forcing him to move against his will.
    The media are largely The Rangers supporters so no surprise there.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    The same way McLiesh did at ER. Then th Hun media swung into to action again. Their medIa are a disgrace and are doing rangers job for them and have done e for decades

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    The same way McLiesh did at ER. Then th Hun media swung into to action again. Their medIa are a disgrace and are doing rangers job for them and have done e for decades
    MacLeish didn’t leave us because of the media. He wanted to go and his promise to stay was meaningless. Just like Mcinnes will only leave because he wants to, it will be 100% his choice.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    So, the rumour mill says they will make an approach for McInnes early next week. Personally I think he's the right man from their point of view. I hope they don't get him but end up with big Eck again.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I'm probably in the minority given that McInnes leaving would weaken Aberdeen without enabling Sevco to catch Celtc, but I'd like him to stay put.

The outrage at Ibrox when they realise that they've been knocked back will be worth it.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    DM will go if that's what he wants, the media if of a Sevco persuasion will do all they can to unsettle things if those individuals think its in Sevcos best interests. I'm sure he does wish to be Sevco manager at some point and might want to stay at Aberdeen just now but has to be careful not to upset Sevco if it's not interested as they will then in their logic decide he is a ****** B stard
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 02-12-2017 at 11:44 AM.

MacLeish didn’t leave us because of the media. He wanted to go and his promise to stay was meaningless. Just like Mcinnes will only leave because he wants to, it will be 100% his choice.
    If I recollect ,Judas was meeting with senior figures from ibrox for months while swearing his allegiance to Hibs............hope he goes back,pretty sure he will take them no where fast.

Apparently not in the dug out tomorrow. Deal already done in the past week which makes you question why he would have been in charge on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Apparently not in the dug out tomorrow. Deal already done in the past week which makes you question why he would have been in charge on Wednesday.

If this turns out to be true ,that is truly reprehensible, the Dons fans will be furious,as they should.

Hmm,more bad blood between them..........interesting times.

The press through in the West running another article in the lead up to The Rangers game saying The Rangers are bookies favourites to sign John McGinn
    They have just announced losses of over seven million ,have to pay off yet another Manager hence dragging their heels appointing a new one clearly as they need to save money
    They have no chance of getting Mcginn on the cheap so its about time someone challenged this nonsense
    Can we sing a song about this at the game
    You cant afford Mcginn
    Super John McGinn
    you just don't
    seem to understand

Your Dirty Cheating Huns
    You cannae afford the Funds
    We've
    Got Super John Mcginn
    Bit naff but you get my drift Someone can probably come up with something better