hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 601 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 1015015515915996006016026036116517011101 ... LastLast
Results 18,001 to 18,030 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evening News called me for a quote, and I said I was in two minds over the decision.

On one hand I am delighted that fairness and integrity has been maintained, but on the other hand I am worried of the financial ramifications on Hibs over TV rights etc.....
    Bloody club spokesman

I think your answer is spot on, anything less then we would all stop paying our bills. Folk have to stop talking about punishments, this is not a punishment, its the authorities following the rules.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    In a late development Norris MacWhirter was seen pacing around Ibrox with a stop-watch apparently looking to confirm whether Duff and Phelps broke the world record for the longest time squandered in administration ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Bloody club spokesman

I think your answer is spot on, anything less then we would all stop paying our bills. Folk have to stop talking about punishments, this is not a punishment, its the authorities following the rules.
    I gave your name though
    Last edited by Baldy Foghorn; 13-07-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Are Sevco actually in D3 though. Are they SFA members? Will other clubs with audited accounts such as Spartans not be allowed to bid for a league space?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    Doncaster and Regan have not come out of this at all well and now seem like two staw clutching desperados.

Surely they will resign or be punted as how can they continue heading up two major Scottish sporting organisations whose members clearly strongly disagree with their own stances and viewpoints.

They have come out of this really badly. So has whoever cuts Doncaster's hair.
    He defo goes to Alfies. Home of the famous Shan Hair.

First Team Breakthrough
    Im trying to keep up with everything and no doubt nothing ends with this decision. One thing bothers me though. Do we lose the chance for league reconstruction? Once we go through a year or two and we don't die through lack of playing OF 8 times a year can we move to a proper league playing teams twice a year. My worry is after 2/3 years they come back up and nothing else has changed. And we stay with the same crappy league we all hate so much. I dont care where Gers end up, though justice says they are where they should be. But if nothing else changes.....?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    The Alloa chairman absoutley spot on on STV
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    What did the guy say?

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    Just saw that he came across very well especially the bit about Regan dictating to the clubs
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

The SFL have had a fair and honest vote .... if the results good enough for them its good enough for me.

I'm all for reconstruction of Scottish football, but not the formation of an SPL2 just to suit the Zombie Huns, in the light of an emphatic vote by the SFL..

Its the job of all the powers that be in Scotland to now do everything they can to minimize the impact of any lost revenue. If the conduct of Regan and Doncaster up to now is anything to go by they aint the men for the job.

Before this season is finished we should have one body running the game and rules in place to ensure this farce never happens again... IE. if you do a Rangers in the future the best you can expect is a place in the 3rd division .. if a place in the league at all, then there will be no doubt.

Now FFS lets get on with the bloody football, with PLEASE no more stupid attempts to get the Zombies up the leagues faster ... this is done !!!

I hope

@hibs.net private member
    What's John Yorkston on about?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MerseyHibee View Post
    Are Sevco actually in D3 though. Are they SFA members? Will other clubs with audited accounts such as Spartans not be allowed to bid for a league space?
    They have applied for an SFA licence, but I am not sure that it has been granted yet. BTW, they don't need audited accounts for entry, only 1 year's (unaudited) accounts..... which, of course, they don't have.

Stewart Regan needs to be removed from his position ASAP

Coaching Staff
    Inverness for one look like they will now try and get Rangers back in the SPL. So they voted previously expecting the SFL to do them a favour.

Left by mutual consent!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Staggering...

From "slow lingering death" to "new opportunities".

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Inverness for one look like they will now try and get Rangers back in the SPL. So they voted previously expecting the SFL to do them a favour.
    Appalling if true......The votes have been cast, the result must remain.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Inverness for one look like they will now try and get Rangers back in the SPL.
    How do you come to that conclusion?

The arrogance of some of these Rangers fans on Reporting Scotland is amazing - enjoy your trips to Elgin and Annan ya bams.

4 years

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    25/30 SPL clubs voted for Newco in Div3. Who were the 5???

@hibs.net private member
    2 of them were QOTS,and Hamilton.

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar
    All this talk about league reforms and fairer money distribution as well as a pyramid scheme with non-league teams. Are these all things that will only be considered if we allow Newco into the second level of Scottish football?

There isn't a single board member in the Third Division that would think it was a good idea to accept the prospect of relegation to abyss in return for cash and 4 extra places in the top league. Why would anyone with any understanding of Scottish Football think that a 16 team SPL would excite the likes of East Stirlingshire, Albion Rovers, Clyde, and Queens Park, Elgin, Peterhead or anyone else? Especially when the SPL retains a minimum seating criteria which is some cases is 25 times those clubs average home gate and in a couple of cases would mean putting more seats into their football grounds than their town has folk.

League reconstruction has been another matter on which consensus has been difficult to find. Both McLeish in his report and Neil Doncaster had previously stated that their preference had been for a 10-team top division, believing a 14 or 16-team league unworkable. mmmmmmm how loss of cash has somehow changed their mind now.

More twists and turns to come next week? Who knows....

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    2 of them were QOTS,and Hamilton.
    According to Alex Thomson on Channel 4, Berwick were another. Their chairman is/was a Rangers shareholder.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deek View Post
    There should not be any thought of a new SPL 2 this season. I'm all for reconstruction of the league, but not to satisfy the greed of one club or to cover up the ineptitude of two senior officials. Regan and Doncaster should be out ASAP!!!!!!!!
    Agree completely but I wouldn't put anything past these morons

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Interesting Rangers said bumping them to Div 3 would be disaster for Scottish Football - yet no concern when they wanted to move to England??!! ****ing Morons!.

Ill stick to my words that if the huns are in Div 3 this coming season ill buy me and the missus and 4 kids ( niece's and nephew's ) Season tickets...6 seasons in total Many more Hibby's will stick to there word and do the same IF the Currents are root tooted doon tae Div1.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    The arrogance of some of these Rangers fans on Reporting Scotland is amazing - enjoy your trips to Elgin and Annan ya bams.
    They seem to think other clubs are 'punishing' them . These eejits need to wake up to the fact they revelled in the Murray days and are now paying the price of their club owners' tax avoidance.

Aberdeen fans spokesperson was excellent. They are looking for 19000 fans to attend their first home game which will wipe out any money they would lose from Sevco fans attending. Something we should do?
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    I think this will be pushed through for next season (thus giving rangers an early release for good behavior) so they skip Div 2
    This I could handle assuming it was done correctly - the notion of setting up SPL2 over the next fortnight though is completely farcical as well as strategically and morally wrong.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofBolivar View Post
    According to Alex Thomson on Channel 4, Berwick were another. Their chairman is/was a Rangers shareholder.
    So that's Hamilton, QOTS & Berwick, could the other two be Dundee & Dunfermline who didn't get a vote as possible conflict of interest

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Well said by Mike Mulraney (Alloa Chairman) on sportsound.

"Fans are the game, without them, whats the point?"