hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 600 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 1005005505905985996006016026106507001100 ... LastLast
Results 17,971 to 18,000 of 44390
    Well the SFL have acted correctly and in the manner they usually do with new applicants i.e start at the bottom and work your way up on merit.
    Although you can take nothing for granted judging by Donkey Doncaster and Reagans handling of the SEVCO issue to date. It would surely be a sine qua non of SFA membership for SEVCO at the very least to take ownership of Ranger's football debt and that some punishment may be forthcoming for their cheating.
    The only sanction on Rangers has been a ten point deduction for going into administration, all the other circumstances are purely and simply the result of their own financial chicanery.
    On the funny side I loved seeing those two Huns Jim White and Gordon Smith almost blubber on SSN.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will Rangers v Queens Park be the new Old Firm?
    The NewCo firm surely
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

They'll still have a far bigger fan base than everyone else so they SHOULD be able to command better wages thus better players than the other minnows (ha ha ha) so I'd say straight to Division 1 in consecutive seasons, then a 2nd or 3rd there and a miraculous league extension for them.

That's the ONLY reason for 3 teams up from Div one in that plan as they knew there was no gaurantee of them finishing 1st.

@hibs.net private member Off the bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    ...apologies for dragging the subject back a few hundred or so posts...but for all of the fighting talk "...we'll be back stronger than ever...ya-de-ya..", surely even if Newco were to escape further sanctions/ unraveling of plans by the SFA, the 'liquifier' etc, (a big ask) the business just doesn't stack up outwith the SPL and Europe, TV monies etc. The stadium and infrastructure costs, including wages etc (even allowing for a mass offloading of 'talent') would cripple any of that scale club relying on ST and merchandise revenues alone (even if - big if - they remained at a present level). It just cannot wash itself financially!

...they're doomed, doomed Captain Mainwearing.
    spot on mate. I can't see them back in the spl for at least 10 years if at all, I think they'll fold without the tv etc and the running costs of hunbrox and murray park will cripple a div 3 club

plus even with restructuring of the leagues they've nae players, IMO nae chance of them getting back to spl in 3 seasons and as for europe don't make me laugh

the queen is dead boys

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    Bit lop sided is it not, av attendances of Div 3 clubs

Attendance estimates for the end of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

Nice one

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

Just noticed that queens park are in the 3rd that means Newco don't even have the biggest stadium in the league Haha

Testimonial Due
    This is actually a really good point. There's a general assumption that they'll just keep marching up the leagues year after year and then come back and kill us all in Year 4. I see it very differently. Firstly, I think the legal ramifications will haunt Sevco/'The Rangers' for a long time to come. I still expect someone to challenge the sale to Charles Green. There's still more nasty stuff to come on the whole Murray/Whyte era including possible criminal proceedings. Our friends at BDO, once appointed, will work methodically through it all and all I can imagine is that a bunch of horrors will be revealed.

There's still the whole business with the application of sanctions that come with the notion of continuity between Oldco and Newco. There's still the possibility that former titles will be stripped from the Oldco.

I'm not at all convinced that the Rangers' fans will slavishly follow the new outfit. Especially if they're not winning. Green's squad is threadbare. His backers are mysterious and there's no evidence that there's much cash there. If you throw some laddies at the third division where every team is up for giving them a pumping, then those lads are going to struggle. Imagine The Rangers being two down to Annan Athletic in a game at Ibrox - do you think the Bears would be rallying round their plucky young lads or do you think that they'd be screaming blue murder and demanding immediate investment in the team? To buy your way out of that kind of situation year on year is going to take a lot of cash. I honestly don't think they'll have huge cashflow. I doubt they'll make the season ticket sales - especially if they don't get immediate promotion - and as the OP said, those facilities at Ibrox and Murray Park ain't cheap to run.

I've always thought they were dead. Really dead. I'm surprised that the zombie club has found a foothold in the game but I don't expect it to be anything other than a huge challenge for them to drag their way up the leagues again.

@hibs.net private member Off the bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    They'll still have a far bigger fan base than everyone else so they SHOULD be able to command better wages thus better players than the other minnows (ha ha ha) so I'd say straight to Division 1 in consecutive seasons, then a 2nd or 3rd there and a miraculous league extension for them.

That's the ONLY reason for 3 teams up from Div one in that plan as they knew there was no gaurantee of them finishing 1st.
    Bigger wages etc fine, but they've only got what 8 senior players, many of whom will as I type be on to their agents saying get me out of here I'm no playing in div 3, so say half of them leave you've got 4 idiots who stay who've played together plus the kids hardly what you'd call a team, and certainly not one used to playing on the tattie fields that some of the pitches will be by february nae under soil heating in that league! Put all that together and the fact their playing teams used to the league etc who want to get torn into them, their troubles are only just begining they are well and truly f'd.

Quote Originally Posted by FifeeHibee View Post
    I've never come across more blatantly dishonest and biased officialdom than Regan and Doncaster. The brazen cheek of these buffoons is distressing. Scotland and grass roots Scottish football people need to stand up to these two artful dodgers. We need to get rid of them both. Scottish football fans have spoken. Scottish football clubs have spoken. They want rid of the pestilence that is Rangers (or whatever you want to call the cheating bigots) for as long as possible, regardless of financial sacrifice. Many want rid of them completely. Regan and Doncaster gtf!
    Agree. Newco voted out of SPL, then 25 out of 30 SFL clubs voted for Newco in Div 3........

Anything concocted now would be a shocking disregard for the member clubs who have voted and made their feelings clear......Nothing should happen except that the wishes of the voters be carried out.....Anything else would see mutiny....(IMO)
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Mark Donaldson@Donaldson007Sky Sports are apologising to all subscribers for wrongly advertising they could watch Rangers matches in 3D next season. They meant in D3..

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    ...apologies for dragging the subject back a few hundred or so posts...but for all of the fighting talk "...we'll be back stronger than ever...ya-de-ya..", surely even if Newco were to escape further sanctions/ unraveling of plans by the SFA, the 'liquifier' etc, (a big ask) the business just doesn't stack up outwith the SPL and Europe, TV monies etc. The stadium and infrastructure costs, including wages etc (even allowing for a mass offloading of 'talent') would cripple any of that scale club relying on ST and merchandise revenues alone (even if - big if - they remained at a present level). It just cannot wash itself financially!

...they're doomed, doomed Captain Mainwearing.
    You're forgetting that they start debt-free, with substantial assets in the form of playing and training facilities and with a massive fan base.

They are certainly not gone.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Despite what happened in the vote today it won't take Sevco 3 years to reach the SPL. Reconstruction will happen undoubtedly and with a bit of luck it will include real benefits to all non OF teams for the betterment of football, not a hastily cobbled together SPL2.

I am sure any SPL 2 arrangement will get short shrift from SPL clubs who would be mad to alienate their own supporters in this fashion but a reasoned considered reconstruction proposal could be in place for next year with perhaps Sevco moving to the second tier although I'm sure they will try to invite them in to an enlarged top tier. Hopefully though, this time the other clubs will get real concessions for the benefit of Scottish Football.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    You're forgetting that they start debt-free, with substantial assets in the form of playing and training facilities and with a massive fan base.

They are certainly not gone.
    Depending on how BDO run the liquidation of RFC, they may not have those assets. Either that, or they may have the assets with the consequent substantial debt.

I suspect they will be back in the SPL in two years time.

There will be a reorganization perhaps to create a three division SPFL setup with 14 clubs in each starting with season 2013-14.

The criteria for entry to SPFL2 will be set so as to ensure that Zombie Huns come into the second tier.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    SFL 3 for Sevco F C next season and a whole year to work out details for football reconstruction and if it is to be an SPL1 and an SPL2 with regional leagues Sevco could be admitted to the second tier the season after next.

With promotion they could be back after 2 seasons rather than the 3 without the changes to the league set up. I would'nt be too upset with that sort of proposal and I can't see the TV companies binning their deal either.

Hopefully never, bigoted, vile, digusting club.....(I don't like them for avoidance of doubt)
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Do they still gave a fine and year long transfer embargo??

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Depending on how BDO run the liquidation of RFC, they may not have those assets. Either that, or they may have the assets with the consequent substantial debt.
    Well that would certainly be justice.

What I don't understand is why it's taking so long to review the manner in which Green acquired these assets for such a paltry sum. If I was an RFC creditor I'd be raging.

To be sung by opposition supporters at every NewHun game

To the tune of Yellow Submarine

"Since the day,
    that I was born,
    you lorded over us,
    but now you're gone"

CHORUS:

"Don't you know ,
    that your just a Diddy Club,
    Just a Diddy Club
    Just a Diddy Club"

-----------------------
    Please feel free to suggest more verses and we could make a decent song out of this
    Last edited by Keith_M; 13-07-2012 at 04:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Well that would certainly be justice.

What I don't understand is why it's taking so long to review the manner in which Green acquired these assets for such a paltry sum. If I was an RFC creditor I'd be raging.
    The liquidators haven't been appointed yet. Once they are, though, I'm sure it will be one of the first things they look at.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Hopefully they go bust very quickly after their gloryhunters do walking away after being starved for too long.

First Team Breakthrough
    If Regan and Doncaster try to change this then we as fans of scottish football MUST do all we can to get them out. In fact we should be pushing hard for them to get out anyway. The pair are a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeescott
    If Regan and Doncaster try to change this then we as fans of scottish football MUST do all we can to get them out. In fact we should be pushing hard for them to get out anyway. The pair are a disgrace.
    They can't as it takes 2 seasons to change a league set up.... For one the season starts in less than 4 weeks, two.... A vote would be required by sfl and I suppose SPL teams to agree what sort of leagues are required.

Frankly don't give a flying **** bout them... But it's clear ghat both Reagan and Doncaster do.

Them not being in SPL opens it up for the others to win a few more games and get the crowds in.

Surely what we want now is to ' a line drawn in the sand ' under this whole sorry mess and be thankful that commonsense finally prevailed.
    It is now up to the ' Legal Eagles ' to finish the job and sort out who was/were responsible in the first place. I say this because every club in Scotland will have suffered in varying degrees due the the mismanagement of one club.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Evening News called me for a quote, and I said I was in two minds over the decision.

On one hand I am delighted that fairness and integrity has been maintained, but on the other hand I am worried of the financial ramifications on Hibs over TV rights etc.....
    Agreed - this has been a mess from the start and I suspect there will be a few more twists and turns before it is finished.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    They can't as it takes 2 seasons to change a league set up.... For one the season starts in less than 4 weeks, two.... A vote would be required by sfl and I suppose SPL teams to agree what sort of leagues are required.

Frankly don't give a flying **** bout them... But it's clear ghat both Reagan and Doncaster do.

Them not being in SPL opens it up for the others to win a few more games and get the crowds in.
    But this is Rangers, that seems to be the difference. Clubs must apply for entrance in to the bottom league of the SFL if they go out of business. But the SFA made clear last week that they would block Rangers being put in to Division 3. So they have demonstrated clearly here that the norm or the rules might as well be ripped up and thrown out the window in this case. Who knows what they will try and pull.

IMHO the ICT statement puts to bed any question of Doncaster not acting on the SPL clubs' behalf.

A huge well done to the clubs in the SFL who were put in a very difficult position thanks to the shameless threats and intimidation from the SFA and the SPL.

The right and proper decision has been made today. This is NOT a punishment for Rangers, rather it is a direct consequence of the old club going out of existence and a new club replacing it and applying to replace it in the bottom tier of the SFL. I don't understand why people can't, or won't, comprehend this very basic fact and realise that it isn't a punishment for a brand new club to be placed in the bottom division of the league structure.

I note that there is now talk of the SPL2 idea being pushed as a result of this decision and, for me, this reiterates the need for change within the authorities who run the game in Scotland. That's why there MUST be a campaign calling for the immediate resignations of Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan from their positions within their respective organisations. Their positions are now untenable, following their disgraceful scaremongering tactics over the past few weeks, with Regan's conduct being particularly reprehensible.

I hope now that we can get back to finally talking about football and that we can look forward to the new season which start in 3 weeks' time (or in 4 weeks' time if you're a Rangers fan! ). What the SPL finally need to do now is to make an urgent decision on whether Dundee or Dunfermline who will be replacing Rangers in the SPL for next season. Both clubs deserve to be informed as soon as possible as none of this is their fault and they need to be able to prepare for the league that they are going to be playing in next season.
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 13-07-2012 at 04:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    I think this will be pushed through for next season (thus giving rangers an early release for good behavior) so they skip Div 2
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run