hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 602 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 1025025525926006016026036046126527021102 ... LastLast
Results 18,031 to 18,060 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Inverness for one look like they will now try and get Rangers back in the SPL. So they voted previously expecting the SFL to do them a favour.
    That's not how I read it. I read it as having to make appropriate financial decisions, in light of no Huns for the next x years.

That said, I find it amazing that they haven't come to those decisions already. It's when I see how other clubs are run, that I am grateful for the good husbandry of our lot.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    6 years.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    In the year 2525, if man is still alive.

"The Scottish FA has offered guidance and support to the respective league bodies during this process. The SPL and SFL enter a crucial phase ahead of the new season and they must reach agreement on the practical issues that require to be addressed within their jurisdictions. “Ultimately, there must be an outcome that enables Scottish football to move on with consensus, clarity and confidence into a new era for the national game.”

Is that guy for real? What agreement?

The decision's been made, what more needs to be decided?

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    "The Scottish FA has offered guidance and support to the respective league bodies during this process. The SPL and SFL enter a crucial phase ahead of the new season and they must reach agreement on the practical issues that require to be addressed within their jurisdictions. “Ultimately, there must be an outcome that enables Scottish football to move on with consensus, clarity and confidence into a new era for the national game.”

Is that guy for real? What agreement?

The decision's been made, what more needs to be decided?
    Just how and when they accept his resignation

I think he should have fun with it and read it out in an amusing voice

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Stewart Regan needs to be removed from his position ASAP
    SFA president Campbell Ogilvie pocketed £95,000 from the EBT scheme when he was Rangers secretary.

The whole set up needs to be looked at rotten to the core.

@hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    When is the league cup draw?

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    So that's Hamilton, QOTS & Berwick, could the other two be Dundee & Dunfermline who didn't get a vote as possible conflict of interest
    According to twitter....

Hamilton, Brechin, Stenhousemuir, Queen Of The South, East Stirlingshire. 5 clubs who didn't listen.
    Retweeted by #noclubleftbehind

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Very well put sir

Dungcaster and Reekan should be made to resign and then taken by bin lorry to the border and kicked out onto the the side of the road with placards round their necks saying "MORALLY CORRUPT" :

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    A huge well done to the clubs in the SFL who were put in a very difficult position thanks to the shameless threats and intimidation from the SFA and the SPL.

The right and proper decision has been made today. This is NOT a punishment for Rangers, rather it is a direct consequence of the old club going out of existence and a new club replacing it and applying to replace it in the bottom tier of the SFL. I don't understand why people can't, or won't, comprehend this very basic fact and realise that it isn't a punishment for a brand new club to be placed in the bottom division of the league structure.

I note that there is now talk of the SPL2 idea being pushed as a result of this decision and, for me, this reiterates the need for change within the authorities who run the game in Scotland. That's why there MUST be a campaign calling for the immediate resignations of Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan from their positions within their respective organisations. Their positions are now untenable, following their disgraceful scaremongering tactics over the past few weeks, with Regan's conduct being particularly reprehensible.

I hope now that we can get back to finally talking about football and that we can look forward to the new season which start in 3 weeks' time (or in 4 weeks' time if you're a Rangers fan! ). What the SPL finally need to do now is to make an urgent decision on whether Dundee or Dunfermline who will be replacing Rangers in the SPL for next season. Both clubs deserve to be informed as soon as possible as none of this is their fault and they need to be able to prepare for the league that they are going to be playing in next season.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Charles Paterson ‏@charlesp_sky
    #SSN sources understand the issue of the possible re-admittance of "Rangers"/Rangers newco into the SPL will also be on the agenda
    I'm really losing the will to live with this

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    They seem to think other clubs are 'punishing' them . These eejits need to wake up to the fact they revelled in the Murray days and are now paying the price of their club owners' tax avoidance.

Aberdeen fans spokesperson was excellent. They are looking for 19000 fans to attend their first home game which will wipe out any money they would lose from Sevco fans attending. Something we should do?
    The notion they are being punished is all the more astonishing when you consider that Newco Huns have been virtually GIFTED Ibrox AND Murray Park for the incredibly low sum of £1.5 million.

No attempt was made to my knowledge to gain a better price by Duff & Phelps and I await the enquiry from the Inland Revenue as to exactly why they saw fit to effectively GIFT Newco Rangers what must amount to tens of millions of pounds at the expense of tax payers and other creditors.

To my mind Newco Huns have been given a massive leg up which they scarcely deserve in the shape of Ibrox and Murray Park and the fact they're still bleating despite all this proves beyond all doubt that they have absolutely no shame at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    The arrogance of some of these Rangers fans on Reporting Scotland is amazing - enjoy your trips to Elgin and Annan ya bams.
    Aye well .......... Muhammad Ali was arrogant " I am the greatest " but it wasnt arrogance coz he was right ... he was.

If just one SPL club goes bust as a result of todays vote then they will have been proved right .... The only folk who can stop that from becoming a reality is us ..... Have a look at a thread just started on this very forum ... it already has folk on it telling us why they still wont be going to ER next season.

I bloody well despair !!!
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 13-07-2012 at 06:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Interesting Rangers said bumping them to Div 3 would be disaster for Scottish Football - yet no concern when they wanted to move to England??!! ****ing Morons!.

Ill stick to my words that if the huns are in Div 3 this coming season ill buy me and the missus and 4 kids ( niece's and nephew's ) Season tickets...6 seasons in total Many more Hibby's will stick to there word and do the same IF the Currents are root tooted doon tae Div1.
    Instead of having a go at them Andy maybe we should thank them for sticking around and saving the scottish game Nah me either :giruy: as Sparky would say
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

1 season in div 3. 1 in SPL 2. 2 years they'll be in the top division.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    1 year in div 3. They finish top. Reconstruction to a 16 and 16 div 1 and 2 and the winners from the old div 2 and 3 will be "invited" into the top league. Cue more of the same pish next summer.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    When are they actually going to receive their punishment?

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    Aye well .......... Muhammad Ali was arrogant " I am the greatest " but it wasnt arrogance coz he was right ... he was.

If just one SPL club goes bust as a result of todays vote then they will have been proved right .... The only folk who can stop that from becoming a reality is us ..... Have a look at a thread just started on this very forum ... it already has folk on it telling us why they still wont be going to ER next season.

I bloody well dispair !!!
    ah muhammad ali, the finest wrestler ever to grace a boxing ring.

Any zombie hun that thinks his soon to liquidated bill dodgers are going to be called 'The Rangers' in the third division should consider the law on the re-use of a company name after liquidation:Prohibited names and restrictions if a business uses a prohibited name, there are restrictions on who is allowed to be involved in the running of that business. A prohibited name is a name by which a liquidated company was known at any time in the 12 months immediately before its liquidation. This can be any of the following:the name registered at Companies Housethe company's trading nameany name so similar to either of the above that it suggests an association with the liquidated companyThe restrictions apply personally to you if you were registered as a director - or acted as a director - during the 12 months leading up to the liquidation.What are the restrictions?You - and any other former directors - are banned from being a director of a limited company that's using a prohibited name for five years from the date of the original company's liquidation. The ban includes not being allowed to take part in the formation, promotion or management of such a company.The restrictions also extend to a business that is not a limited company - eg a partnership or sole trader - that's using a prohibited name. In such a case, any relevant former directors are banned from being concerned in or taking any part in carrying on such a business for five years.Penalties for breaching rules on the use of prohibited namesAs a former director of a liquidated company, it's a criminal offence for you to break the rules regarding the use of a prohibited name. For an explanation of the law, see the page in this guide on prohibited names and restrictions. Successful prosecution could lead to a fine, a prison sentence or both.You could also be made personally liable for company debts incurred during the period you were involved in managing a business using a prohibited name - even if it was a limited company.In essence whatever team runs out at Ibrox next month cannot be called 'The Rangers' or have Rangers in their name!
    Last edited by LeighLoyal; 13-07-2012 at 06:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Was there white smoke coming from Hampden when the decision was made?

Here's hoping the rumoured cloak and dagger back in to the SPL never materialises. Could do with a statement from SevCo confirming that they are now preparing for SFL3.
    Was orange smoke as the sashes were burned.

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    To all those...

...who have done the right thing legally or morally since February, a big THANK YOU from someone who believes passionately about truth, honesty and that disagreeing with the law or a rule is a challenge best overcome by trying to have that law or rule changed by democratic means, not by breaking it.

To all those...

...who have knowingly told lies, hidden or destroyed information that would have promoted a speedier and more truthful outcome, broken the law or rules or otherwise acted in a morally corrupt way you should look in a mirror and try and tell yourself you are a decent person.

To all those...

...in the media who promoted a pro-Hun or pro-Old Firm stance even when such a stance was directly in opposition to the truth and common sense, I hope you realise how close you helped take Scottish football to a real Armageddon. Your lies and your twisted opinions are recorded for future generations including your own grandchildren so that they can see that you were just a pathetic part of the same corruption within the Scottish football scene. Your names are noted and I for one will never buy a paper again that you work for nor listen to a radio station that you work for ever again. Joseph Goebbels would be proud of you.

To Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster...

...yes you fit into paragraph two above but as you are probably too twisted, corrupt and arrogant to believe that I have reserved this final paragraph just for the two of you. For whatever twisted and sick reason you both acted the way you have, with your lies, your u-turns and inability to preside over anything but a complete and utter shambles with complete disregard for any form or moral code except money. I hope every lie and mis-truth comes back to haunt until the day you die. You have been defeated by the truth, honesty and the sheer will power of the Scottish football fans. The best place for both of you to go now is HELL.
    Last edited by Lungo--Drom; 13-07-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sevco 5088 are born into Irn Bru Division 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLPqHi-6qH0&feature=plcp

Talk Sport have just had a guy on the phone saying he reckons his team Airdrie Utd have been promoted to the First division as a result of the Huns entering Div 3.

Ironic, as it was David Murray who said, at the time of Airdrionians demise "Smaller clubs must pay their way".

The caller said he was at Hampden today to savour the moment!

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Alex Thomson has just said on Channel 4 news that the SFA have told him that they will respect the vote of the SFL. Looks like Regan has deserted his crooked Donkey chum.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    Any zombie hun that thinks his soon to liquidated bill dodgers are going to be called 'The Rangers' in the third division should consider the law on the re-use of a company name after liquidation:Prohibited names and restrictions if a business uses a prohibited name, there are restrictions on who is allowed to be involved in the running of that business. A prohibited name is a name by which a liquidated company was known at any time in the 12 months immediately before its liquidation. This can be any of the following:the name registered at Companies Housethe company's trading nameany name so similar to either of the above that it suggests an association with the liquidated companyThe restrictions apply personally to you if you were registered as a director - or acted as a director - during the 12 months leading up to the liquidation.What are the restrictions?You - and any other former directors - are banned from being a director of a limited company that's using a prohibited name for five years from the date of the original company's liquidation. The ban includes not being allowed to take part in the formation, promotion or management of such a company.The restrictions also extend to a business that is not a limited company - eg a partnership or sole trader - that's using a prohibited name. In such a case, any relevant former directors are banned from being concerned in or taking any part in carrying on such a business for five years.Penalties for breaching rules on the use of prohibited namesAs a former director of a liquidated company, it's a criminal offence for you to break the rules regarding the use of a prohibited name. For an explanation of the law, see the page in this guide on prohibited names and restrictions. Successful prosecution could lead to a fine, a prison sentence or both.You could also be made personally liable for company debts incurred during the period you were involved in managing a business using a prohibited name - even if it was a limited company.In essence whatever team runs out at Ibrox next month cannot be called 'The Rangers' or have Rangers in their name!
    The fly in the ointment is that RFC are not liquidated yet.

That pedantry apart, the rules you quote relate to company names. Thus far, the new company name is Sevco (1690 or whatever). Sevco bought the brand of Rangers, ie its "name".

A company can trade under almost any name it wants, subject to various restrictions. For example, the various franchises that trade as Macdonalds. In this case, the likelihood is that Sevco would be "trading as Rangers/The Rangers etc".

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    He defo goes to Alfies. Home of the famous Shan Hair.
    I concur, a definite case of the 'Tollcross Scissors' !

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    So what's Doncaster and Reagan moaning about, these two men should be removed from there position in Scottish Football ASAP.

The two of them should just shut there bleeping mouths and accept today's outcome and everyone is happy.
    That's where the "its over Sevco are in Div 3" falls down for me

Both these guys are answerable to their boards if they were paddling their own canoes with all this guff they would be sacked and long gone by now.

Seems to me they are flying kites on their boards message /agenda /wish list and testing the water.

If none of their ideas stick they can be disposed off with a golden handshake and none of the blame remains with their respective boards.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post

I bloody well despair !!!

I hope everyone who stated they won't be re-newing season tickets because Rangers NewCo was getting back into SPL/SFL1 does the right thing themselves and supports our Club.

Remember, Mikey has your posts and HFC can confirm.

Nobody would like to be considered on the same level as the Dead Huns, would they ?

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I hope everyone who stated they won't be re-newing season tickets because Rangers NewCo was getting back into SPL/SFL1 does the right thing themselves and supports our Club.

Dont fret, someone will be along in a minute with more reasons not to buy a season ticket.

As in the build up to today's vote, the one club that is prominent by its low profile is Celtic. Is this because they see themselves as the main losers financially with Sevco 5088 in the third division? The opportunities for a fairer spread of income over the 40 clubs in the leagues is ominous for them. And they must surely suffer the largest drop in TV income should Temple of Doom Doncaster's financial prophecies come to pass. Oh joy!! A double whammy on the bigot brothers - today has been like an early Christmas. I'm enjoying it while I can as who knows what next week will bring. Will the SFA and SPL spoil the party at their AGM and magic up a new division for the Huns? Tonight's for celebrating so a big thank you to all the teams that voted for sporting integrity