hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1450 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 450950135014001440144814491450145114521460 ... LastLast
Results 43,471 to 43,500 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A rangers fan I know said Park put a lot of money in recently. Would that not show on their accounts at Company’s house
    He also said they settled out of court with Ashley, must admit I haven’t seen anything showing this
    I'm pretty sure MA won in court and all that is awaiting is for the size of the award.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    A rangers fan I know said Park put a lot of money in recently. Would that not show on their accounts at Company’s house
    He also said they settled out of court with Ashley, must admit I haven’t seen anything showing this
    They haven’t produced accounts for 16 months now, so difficult to know what the situation is. Makes you wonder how the SFA put through their recent UEFA application but they have form for looking the other way on these things and we have form for looking the other way when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    They haven’t produced accounts for 16 months now, so difficult to know what the situation is. Makes you wonder how the SFA put through their recent UEFA application but they have form for looking the other way on these things and we have form for looking the other way when it happens.

Didn't they produce their accounts up to May 19 back in the autumn? That contained the warning that they needed £10m to complete the season. Since then I've read that they got a £5m loan from King, the post Christmas Europa league games will have been worth £2-£3m and they've agreed wage deferals. With early season ticket payments arriving they've probably a bit of cash at present.

However, unless Park or some other wealthy fan is prepared to subsidise them for the coming twelve months I reckon the business strategy is heavily dependent on getting a big fee for Morelos.

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    Didn't they produce their accounts up to May 19 back in the autumn? That contained the warning that they needed £10m to complete the season. Since then I've read that they got a £5m loan from King, the post Christmas Europa league games will have been worth £2-£3m and they've agreed wage deferals. With early season ticket payments arriving they've probably a bit of cash at present.

However, unless Park or some other wealthy fan is prepared to subsidise them for the coming twelve months I reckon the business strategy is heavily dependent on getting a big fee for Morelos.
    Were you laughing as you typed that?

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Were you laughing as you typed that?
    More like scratching my head trying to make sense of their strategy. Either the directors keep piling millions in or they have to start making the kind of money on transfers that Celtic have achieved in recent years. I suppose they could try cutting costs to match income - eh naw.

More like scratching my head trying to make sense of their strategy. Either the directors keep piling millions in or they have to start making the kind of money on transfers that Celtic have achieved in recent years. I suppose they could try cutting costs to match income - eh naw.
    I think that the Park cash cow may be on sabbitical. I imagine this crisis has done a number on his coach business profit column.....

I'd imagine The Rangers have already brought in a few million in Season Ticket money (I'm not certain but wasn't it about £12m last year?).

I expect they'll do what Hearts do and use it to see out the current season and fund summer transfers... then plead for cash again next season when it's all run out.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...mpression=true

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post

All this time and the same pish

I see Trabzonspor have been banned now for breaching the FFP rules. How are Sevco getting away with it? Surely they have to be signed up to these rules for playing in Europe?

The Rangers launching all next seasons strips on the 12th of July! Horrible club

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    See rangers have either sold or are trying to get planning for their car park,

https://merchanthomes.co.uk/sites/de...nformation.pdf

160 flats at approx £50,000 a plot might generate £8 million for them.

Wonder if this is what they are having to do to survive?

According to The Herald, they're going to use the money to finance an upgrade to Edmiston House (currently empty) into a Museum and Conference Centre.

Doesn't sound as drastically scary as Phil MaGobin was inferring.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    The Rangers launching all next seasons strips on the 12th of July! Horrible club
    Scrub that it's a Parody account 😂 when I seen the Rangers cap at an introductory price of £16.90 I clicked 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    According to The Herald, they're going to use the money to finance an upgrade to Edmiston House (currently empty) into a Museum and Conference Centre.

I'll take some convincing that they are going to invest that some of money into an empty building when MA could very well be awarded more in the current court case. I'm more persuaded that Close have asked for their money back. Maybe even Dave King for that matter.

I'll take some convincing that they are going to invest that some of money into an empty building when MA could very well be awarded more in the current court case. I'm more persuaded that Close have asked for their money back. Maybe even Dave King for that matter.

The article is here, so you can judge for yourself.

It's an interview with Stewart Robertson...

' "There is potential development in the Albion Car Park," said Robertson. "We are looking at selling half of the car park and the funds from that will go towards the building of Edmiston House, of New Edmiston House" '

TBF, what he says in the article makes sense from a financial perspective but he doesn't half ramble on, and keeps repeating himself. He seems to talk a bit like Trump.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    They can't sell the car park without giving Close Brothers their money back. In fact, they probably couldn't even put it on the market without CB's consent.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

The pressure to spend big will be even bigger this summer, even though Celtc have an asterisk and it was never 8iar anyhow because league titles without the Rangers in the division apparently don’t count an that.

Celtc look strong and Lennon has a pretty settled squad. Sevco know they aren’t good enough to win the title next season as it stands. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    They can't sell the car park without giving Close Brothers their money back. In fact, they probably couldn't even put it on the market without CB's consent.

Maybe they have their consent?

How much do they owe CB?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I didn't word my post very well but that's exactly what I was getting at. Any concept that they are investing 8m in an empty building is straight from the newspaper presses in Narnia.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

Why would such a new club want a museum?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Petrofac cup winners is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post

I think it's the history of Govan.

Rab C Nesbit features quite highly.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I didn't word my post very well but that's exactly what I was getting at. Any concept that they are investing 8m in an empty building is straight from the newspaper presses in Narnia.
    👍 It's probably a smart move for them, and I'm not sure why it wasn't done before. Make some cash, pay off some debts, and have enough left for a new whistle and flute.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    The pressure to spend big will be even bigger this summer, even though Celtc have an asterisk and it was never 8iar anyhow because league titles without the Rangers in the division apparently don’t count an that.

Celtc look strong and Lennon has a pretty settled squad. Sevco know they aren’t good enough to win the title next season as it stands. What gives?
    Eh?

Is Castore a front for Mike Ashley?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Looks like another blinder by Mike
    Wonder how much per strip he’s making, via The Rangers

Please say it's true

Is it possible that this was a demand made by MA to prevent further legal action against Castore/Sevco?

Just to add to the Castore / Mike Ashley conspiracy.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...raser-castore/

STRIP OFF Rangers kit only available for pre-order via Mike Ashley’s House of Fraser with Castore to restock ‘in coming days’
    Ryan McDonald
    5 Jul 2020, 14:45
    RANGERS fans desperate to pre-order their team's new home kit can currently only do so through Mike Ashley's House of Fraser.

But the Ibrox club have assured anxious supporters Castore will restock more shirts "in the coming days".

The new Rangers kit was available for pre-order on the Castore website before the club's own platform on Wednesday
    The new Rangers kit was available for pre-order on the Castore website before the club's own platform on Wednesday
    Gers unveiled their stylish new 2020/21 strip on Wednesday as they embarked on a new five-year partnership with Castore following the end of their Hummel deal.

Pre-orders were made available directly through Rangers and Castore's website and the initial batch of 50,000 shirts sold out within the first 36 hours.

Now though, the jersey has vanished from both sites - with House of Fraser currently the only shop offering the pre-sale online.

The description states: "Stock date: 01 August 2020. Pre-Order this item today and receive your order shortly after the date shown. Please note your entire order will be held until all items are available."

Mike Ashley's House of Fraser are currently the only shop offering pre-orders on the new kit after Castore sold out
    Mike Ashley's House of Fraser are currently the only shop offering pre-orders on the new kit after Castore sold out
    However, a Rangers spokesperson has told SunSport that Castore will make more shirts available this week after the initial 50,000 units were incredibly snapped up in less than two days.

They said: "The first batch of 50,000 home shirts that were made available via Castore.com, the entire batch were pre-ordered in just over 24 hours.

Go on big Mike.

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016
    Last edited by Hibs07p; 05-07-2020 at 04:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    INJURY NEWS
    BREAKING

@RangersFC confirm that defender Nikola Katic will be out for “the foreseeable future” with a serious knee injury sustained in pre-season training

More on @SkySportsNews
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.