hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Lost_Mackem's Avatar

What is the worst pain you have ever felt?

I haven't really had any serious injuries, no broken bones or anything but I did severely sprain my ankle once. I was in tears never really felt anything like it, couldn't walk properly for a good while and the doctor said that the pain from sprains can often be worse than an actual break.

That and migraine's run it pretty close, they're a ****ing nightmare, haven't had a one since October 2010 (touch wood) but there was a period a few years back when I suffered with anxiety that they came twice a week. First a blind spot, then parts of my body would go numb, followed by the most horrendous headache and throwing up which lasts a good 12 hours or so.

Wouldn't wish it on a Mag.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Physical pain? Gout. Nothing compares.

Mental pain? Too many things to mention.

Standing on an upturned plug in bare feet.

Failing that, being burned alive is supposed to smart a bit...

Broke my collar bone, dislocated my shoulder and fractured the shoulder blade all in one go. That did not tickle.

For sheer excrutiating pain with no relief though it has to be a torn abdominal muscle. Doesn't sound like much but that is an injury that is absolute agony for weeks

jumping onto a piece of lego in bare feet when Burley scored vs. Norway - I saw my life flash before my eyes!
    Having tonsillitis undiagnosed for about a week was grim.

Fractured pelvis after doing a somersault through a windscreen.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Severed my Achilles tendon, that stung a little to say the least.

Other than that I'd say having to listen to David Guetta/Tiesto in the other halfs car is pretty painful. Music, my arse!

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...being burned alive is supposed to smart a bit...
    I see that there has been a rash of Tibetan monks imolating themselves in protest of the continued Chinese occupation. There was a pretty horrific clip - I think on TV - of one monk standing, burning alive. It really distorts the senses, seeing it in the flesh would wreck your head.

Meanwhile, the Chinese authorities have responded with thier customary restraint and good grace :rollyeyes:

P.S. sorry for the thread hijack.

First Team Breakthrough Lost_Mackem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Severed my Achilles tendon, that stung a little to say the least.Other than that I'd say having to listen to David Guetta/Tiesto in the other halfs car is pretty painful. Music, my arse!
    Guetta is God!

The two worst pains I have had myself are a growth on my spine which was cutting into the nerves going to my legs. If you imagine someone with a spike stabbing the nerves in your teeth 24/7, then that comes close. After 8 months the operation sorted that one out. Second has to be the gall bladder, that one is a stinger for 24 hours solid, again an operation sorted that one out.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Sciatica. Sorest thing ever...getting hoofed in the knackers repeatedly and breaking ribs doesn't even come close.

And the icing on the cake, I have to get a disc on my back shaved to stop it touching a nerve..that's going to be nice.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Sciatica. Sorest thing ever...getting hoofed in the knackers repeatedly and breaking ribs doesn't even come close.

And the icing on the cake, I have to get a disc on my back shaved to stop it touching a nerve..that's going to be nice.
    That is what I was getting treated for until I had an MRI scan, I feel your pain

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No injuries but suffer from Migraines which is bad enough!

Done my back in. Pain killing injections had no effect!

Giving birth is pretty painful.

First Team Breakthrough 12AlbionPlace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Wondered how long it would be before a lady came along trying to tell us men how painful child birth is................

Ive not experienced it so far yet, but, losing a parent/close family member must surely be up there, hope I don't find out for a long time!

@hibs.net private member
    A couple of years ago I had an op to remove a lump from my big toe, it was in between my big toe and the one nrxt to it so an awkward place to get to. When it came to getting the stitches out it was found that they were very tight and very small. They ended up prising my toes apart and used a scalpel to burst the stitches. It was absolute agony as they couldnt help slicing my toe at the same time. The blood was running down my foot. They actually missed a stitch and I never told them. Never felt pain like that in my life and I have given birth four times!

A horse @ 400 kilos, fell on my legs once in the middle of a field. I had to crawl, worm like out of the field, and up the hill to my house--I still have a hollow at the side of my knee but remarkably no bones broken and no lasting effects other than that, but it did hurt!

Sciatica; I get it down my right leg due to a congenital hip dislocation I had corrected when I was young. The sharpest and unforgiving pain I think I've ever felt!

Sprained my ankle really badly whilst Skateboarding in May last year doing a gap from flat bank to flat bank (6 foot sloped bit of concrete), at the skate park. After landing it perfectly all day I try it one last time before going home and typically, I get far too much speed, and height, so bail out in mid air but landed with full force on my left foot at the part where the slope meets the ground, so I'd fallen a good 6 foot, and went right over on my ankle - I felt the outside of my big toe touch my shin!

I was barefoot (and looking like bigfoot!) for a whole week and the bruising lasted for around a month.

Quote Originally Posted by 12AlbionPlace View Post
    Wondered how long it would be before a lady came along trying to tell us men how painful child birth is................

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No injuries but suffer from Migraines which is bad enough!
    I feel your pain.

I spent about 2 years being hit with at least one migraine lasting about 72 hours a week. Absolute torture.

Thankfully the right medication, keeping active and hydrated has meant I now have them far less frequently and severely.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    It can't be that bad or you'd hear women going on about it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    It can't be that bad or you'd hear women going on about it more.
    and there would be no second children ;-)
    Space to let

Pain - every Scottish Cup since I can remember

I have never broken a bone. Have had a cartilage (sp) op, 3 hernias (two operated and one shoved back in and few days morphine (loved it )), knee sprains, ankle sprains etc but that's it.

The most unwell I have ever felt was Chicken Pox at 32 y-o .. I would have shot myself if I'd had a gun.

Blog Entries
    I feel as if I may have the winner.

I was getting a vasectomy, and lets just say the positioning of the local anaesthesia relating to where they do the actual cutting into yer nads was a tad imperfect. I howled like a wolf at the moon, almost punched the surgeon before instantly recalling he had a knife positioned at the edge of my bawbag. To add insult to quite literal injury it didnt work, and had to go through the whole thing again.

Even as I'm typing I can feel the pain of that knife... I would also like to apologise to the half dozen or so guys who were in the ante room waiting to go in for their own snip - I've often wondered how many of them bottled it as a result of my scream.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    I feel as if I may have the winner.

I was getting a vasectomy, and lets just say the positioning of the local anaesthesia relating to where they do the actual cutting into yer nads was a tad imperfect. I howled like a wolf at the moon, almost punched the surgeon before instantly recalling he had a knife positioned at the edge of my bawbag. To add insult to quite literal injury it didnt work, and had to go through the whole thing again.

Even as I'm typing I can feel the pain of that knife... I would also like to apologise to the half dozen or so guys who were in the ante room waiting to go in for their own snip - I've often wondered how many of them bottled it as a result of my scream.

Sorry mate. I am laughing in sympathy, honest. I can still feel that needle going in, both sides!!!! And when he strated cutting the anaesthetic had not taken effect so could feel him pulling my bits apart!!!
    Still not as sore as the old gout though

Broken both my wrists and a collar bone, but the worst pain i have had was last year , kidney stones , pain just started akin to flicking a switch , couldnt stand ,sit or lie down to try and ease the pain as i spewed , sweated and had a whitey , would not wish that pain on anyone.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Sprained left ankle playing 5s absolute agony
    Got hit by a car when I was 15 that was fairly sore especially when my shoulder went through the car window!
    Also an iron fell off a shelf and hit me on the top of my head the sharp pointy end like something out of Tom and Jerry but not as funny for me!

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Ive hurt myself in a few imaginative ways over the years, here are a few of the most painful, in no particular order

1) Split open head, 100 stitches, you could see my skull, this was done doing a jump on my BMX on a building site, came flying down a hill, hit the mud jump, didnt use my breaks and smashed my heid off a concrete tube that was being lowered in to make a sewer

2) Broken wrist & split open head, on a building site yet again, was on the second story of scaffolding infront of the builders pully, decided to swing like tarzan on it without checking the rope was actually attached to anything, as you can imagine in true cartoon fashion the rope went flying through the pully and I was trying to climb a falling rope 20 feet up

3) At the dentist the injection didnt kick in, so i could feel the drill biting away at my teeth and rattling my jaw, didnt want to prolong the agony so just gripped the chair tighter and let them do it instead of saying anything

4) Torn cruciate, this was done in the first 5 minutes of a game and I played the remaining 55 hobbling about thinking I could run it off, didnt go to the Doctors for over 4 months until the constant pain and joint locking became unbearable

5) At work goes to walk out the door (safety self closing fire door) but the bit at the back that closes it has jammed so when I push the door open to happily escape work the door flies back in my face bursting my nose and chipping a bone behind my eyebrow, to this day my pals think that the shiner was because someone had battered me and my story about the door attacking me is some battered wives falling down the stairs story

and finally my all time favourite, probably the most stupid but also the most painful

6) Broken ribs and torn stomach muscles, round about when Jackass was in its prime, went out and got reekin, my pals says I will give you all the money I have on me (about £28 if IIRC) if you run into that bus stop as fast as you can, now I wasnt daft, I tested it first and thought I will bounce right off this no problem, turns out I didnt, I smashed right through the safety glass and slid on my side for a few feet, knew there and then Id done a dull one as I was pished and it hurt like hell.

Basically for the next month I have never felt pain like it, you cannot sleep or get comfy as everytime you move you can feel it, even now about 12 years later when im really tired I get a dull twinge in it

On the plus side I havent really hurt myself in about 5 or 6 years