hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar

Hibs TV (All overseas fans please read)

Despite the Hibs TV website saying there would be a list of fixtures advertised soon last Friday there still is nothing on the site.

I sent an email to the contact address asking if the game was being shown, they replied by directing me to the fixture list

Can anyone confirm if Hibs TV is showing the game tomorrow
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    I emailed the club about this too. I hope they are not going to cut down on the number of games we can watch live by too many.

Testimonial Due
    I emailed this morning asking for list of fixtures and if tomorrows game is live as it would be handy to be able to plan my Saturday.

Had no response as yet but I tried the tv_live email address as I thought it would be a Hibs TV person responding rather than perform group employee who will likely have no idea. Not sure if tv_live email address is checked other than on matchdays though.

This thread should trigger a response hopefully.

Testimonial Due
    This weekend will be the first time I have used Hibs TV International. I've emailed them too but no reply, I guess I'll just keep refreshing this thread and the official website...

@hibs.net private member CA Hibby's Avatar
    I sent them an email and got an instant reply advising me that sorry they would not be showing the game however i could listen on the radio......

Great all these new players and we get to see hee haw

"No, unfortunately this match is not covered by the new Hibernian International product (only selected matches will be aired)

But there will be live audio commentary available via Hibernian TV

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Kind regards

Hibernian TV
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
    Last edited by CA Hibby; 03-02-2012 at 05:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Maybe they are not allowed to broadcast cup games, just league ones?

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    I emailed them last week about a couple of things and no reply. My main question was that I still had 3 months of my existing subscription to go, but I would have to pay full price for a new subscription to their new service, so, would I get my last 3 months refunded or credited against my new subscription. No answer.

Also, don't know if anyone else has found this, but the Highlights section of the iPhone Hibs FC App has not updated since the Airdie U19 game or St. Johnstone SPL game. I asked if that had something to do with the new TV channel being launched, coz my subscription has still, as I said, 3 months to go, so I should be getting the Highlights. No answer.

Final question was if the 59.99 for the International coverage automatically included access to all the live game video broadcasts, or if I still had to pay for those separately. No answer.

They might be shooting themselves in the foot with the new deal: although the picture will be better, we won't get the cup game nor the Aberdeen game but we will get the Hearts and Celtic games. But these last two games will be broadcast on dodgy websites so there's no real incentive to pay, whilst there would be for the Killie and Aberdeen games.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_2599576

We are getting Inverness away which is a bonus however.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I emailed them last week about a couple of things and no reply. My main question was that I still had 3 months of my existing subscription to go, but I would have to pay full price for a new subscription to their new service, so, would I get my last 3 months refunded or credited against my new subscription. No answer.

Also, don't know if anyone else has found this, but the Highlights section of the iPhone Hibs FC App has not updated since the Airdie U19 game or St. Johnstone SPL game. I asked if that had something to do with the new TV channel being launched, coz my subscription has still, as I said, 3 months to go, so I should be getting the Highlights. No answer.

Final question was if the 59.99 for the International coverage automatically included access to all the live game video broadcasts, or if I still had to pay for those separately. No answer.
    I'm the same. I have a subscription at the moment, so it seems like a joke that I would have to pay the new subscription fee just cos it's a new website.

And gutted we won't be able to see the new players play tomorrow.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

It would appear that Hibernian TV for our overseas fans now only broadcasts games which are being shown 'live' in the UK via SKY/ESPN. Obviously the service was costing more money than it was taking in.

Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post
    I'm the same. I have a subscription at the moment, so it seems like a joke that I would have to pay the new subscription fee just cos it's a new website.

Yeah, it seems like they could have taken that very basic consideration into account. Not only do I have an App now that doesn't let me watch highlights, I have lost a quarter of my existing subscription, which is effectively obsolete.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post

It would appear that Hibernian TV for our overseas fans now only broadcasts games which are being shown 'live' in the UK via SKY/ESPN. Obviously the service was costing more money than it was taking in.
    I made the point in my email that if they now only screen the games shown live on Sky/ESPN and the Alba ones which are all streamed online then I won't be subscribing as I use their service to see the other home games which were only available through Hibs TV. My question has now been answered.

For info - bet365 show all the above games free of charge for overseas viewers including the commentary from the relevant channel - you just need to be an account holder with money in your account (1p will cover it). The stream is also good quality.

Fair enough if they werent making money before but I'm not going to start paying for games I have and will continue to get for nowt.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    I made the point in my email that if they now only screen the games shown live on Sky/ESPN and the Alba ones which are all streamed online then I won't be subscribing as I use their service to see the other home games which were only available through Hibs TV. My question has now been answered.

For info - bet365 show all the above games free of charge for overseas viewers including the commentary from the relevant channel - you just need to be an account holder with money in your account (1p will cover it). The stream is also good quality.

Fair enough if they werent making money before but I'm not going to start paying for games I have and will continue to get for nowt.
    Agree with that, but wanted to ask about bet 365 - do they really show all the games? do you have to open an account "from the uk" or can you do it from a uk account overseas? many thanks for that info btw.

edit: i would obviously rather give my money to hibs, but they don't seem interested.

Testimonial Due
    Agree with that, but wanted to ask about bet 365 - do they really show all the games? do you have to open an account "from the uk" or can you do it from a uk account overseas? many thanks for that info btw.

edit: i would obviously rather give my money to hibs, but they don't seem interested.
    I opened my account and use it from Germany and can watch most leagues live other than Germany and England. Would imagine it will be the same for you.

I deposit via an RBS debit card.

I was happy to pay £6 a match before but not now when the games are few and far between and they are basically providing someone elses stream that I can get for nowt... and they want to tie me into a monthly subscription!

Very disappointing . Some comments from Hibs TV in last couple of years suggested club were subsidising service and that may be the case but maybe regular overseas viewers could have been consulted before to see how much we were prepared to pay for games ( can`t remember prices but some of us have been paying hundreds of pounds for HI season tickets in recent seasons ) . Maybe someone could have sponsored service or could sponsor Hibs TV knowing that their business was getting some mentions abroad too . New service doesn`t allow purchase of individual games which must limit numbers -away fans or Hibs fans temprarily away from home for example . Positive was supposed to be improved technical product but the St Johnstone game was the worst I`ve seen this season for interruptions . Reality is that there are not many Hibbies outside UK and Ireland and many of them have access to UK telly channels or undestandably don`t want to watch matches at funny times but on other hand live Hibs TV matches are a chance for foreigners to get to know the club ( I`ve got a few friends and relatives who have enjoyed watching Hibs online but have never been to ER ) . Has club ever tried to promote the service abroad other than to Hibbies ? For example , do they give details to our opponents so they publish them on their websites so their overseas fans can watch ( not relevant with current situation where you can`t buy individual matches ) or contact clubs and federations in other countries ? Yet another example of club not doing enough to promote itself .

Could also add , relatives of new signings in Honduras etc might also appreciate seeing Hibs matches online and ex players too . It all promotes our club . At a cost yes but how much was previous service losing per match if anything ?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax

Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post

How did you guys get subscriptions? I asked at the beginning of the season and was told that there is no subscription. By subscription I mean a season ticket.

I love the idea of getting a better picture but at the expense of seeing other games? Sounds a bit pish to me. :(

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Does anyone know how much it even cost to stream the home games? I can't say that I know but I would be shocked if it was a huge amount.

As suggested above, it would have been nice if they asked subscribers what they would like and how much they might be prepared to pay. I love cheap but I would pay more to see more games, even though the quality was generally crap.

At the beginning of this season I was told games would be 3 pounds for ex season ticket holders ( 6 pounds for people buying individual matches ) until October when regular season ticket would be available for about 160 pounds . Presumably this never happened because new system was planned . As I said on other post , there are probably not enough of us to make previous service worthwhile as far as accountants at club are concerned though maybe some consultation could have taken place to improve revenue ( higher match price and/or moves to increase number of subscribers , sponsorship ) and technical problems did not help ( though in that respect things had improved a lot in last couple of years and recent St J game was worst for me technically ) . Now it would appear we`ve got a cheaper service which won`t interest people - not many games and even then games that are most easily accessed elsewhere on telly or not anyway . I realise marketing department ( ? ) at club have other bigger priorities than trying to keep a few ( no idea how many fans we`re talking of per match - 100 ? ) happy or costs of showing games but find it disappointing that club that was famous for being forerunner with floodlights , shirt sponsorship , undersoil heating etc has not been able to be competitive with online match coverage . In St J match I thought that usual commentator seemed to be trying to make it seem like he was a neutral ( never any mention of " us " and all comments seemed to treat both teams as complete equals which was not the case in previous matches and long pre match introduction talking about SPL in general terms ) and wondered if matches were being sold to another company overseas but now seems unlikely .

This is a real shame for those who live abroad. When i did, it was fantastic to still see every home game, and some away, and it gave me the fix i was missing and was greatly appreciated.

Money seems to be the problem here, i would have paid more as others have said they would. Although i'm not sure just how much it would have to be to make it cost affective?

Is this another Hibs own goal ? So we have an "improved" service which can be seen for free by other means. As for cost there has been no increase for several seasons, so there may have been scope to raise the revenue. Also there is no advertising of the product, could they have been selling the feeds to the opposition ? I know from talking to other supporters that they had no idea we broadcast our own games.

I wondered why the opening offer was so cheap, a run of home games with no broadcasts so I've paid to watch highlights only ?

We had a service which showed all home games and the odd away game to a service which will only show broadcasted games, looks like it will be an occasional feed of games v the old firm then...................... All of which I can have a choice of watching on a projector in the theater or pay hibs to watch on my laptop, I will have to think hard about that one

I was really looking forward to watching tonights game, now I just feel totally gutted

Still waiting on a further reply to an email I sent 12 1/2 hrs ago...................................

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This is a real shame for those who live abroad. When i did, it was fantastic to still see every home game, and some away, and it gave me the fix i was missing and was greatly appreciated.

Money seems to be the problem here, i would have paid more as others have said they would. Although i'm not sure just how much it would have to be to make it cost affective?
    Like you, being able to watch the games from afar (6000 miles in my case!) is invaluable, and one of the best things about it was that I knew I could see ER games when the tv channels were inevitably and predictably showing one of the old firm against whoever. For me, not getting any response to my questions is the most disappointing thing. I want to support my club and would rather my money went to them, but they are not helping me to do that.

First Team Regular
    Yet another example of our Club growing away from us the supporters. From a friendly supporter run service for overseas supporters which was a unique and fun, and showed every home match..... to a poorer streaming ( for the first time in 2 years I had buffering problems of the St Johnstone game) service of matches I can watch on football streaming sites anyway. I would willingly pay a lot more for the previous service, and I have emailed them in the past to tell them this. Also why didnt they advertise the overseas service before? Both these things could have made the International TV service pay for itself, without the need of this reduction in service. Its even more anoying when they claim its an "improved" service! They did not consult me at all about these service cuts. This attitude seems to be pervading our Club in lots of aspects. Franchising out the clubs services (eg. ticketing, catering and now Hibs Tv) is taking away the heart and soul of Hibs. I am so annoyed by it all.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonghibee View Post
    Yet another example of our Club growing away from us the supporters. From a friendly supporter run service for overseas supporters which was a unique and fun, and showed every home match..... to a poorer streaming ( for the first time in 2 years I had buffering problems of the St Johnstone game) service of matches I can watch on football streaming sites anyway. I would willingly pay a lot more for the previous service, and I have emailed them in the past to tell them this. Also why didnt they advertise the overseas service before? Both these things could have made the International TV service pay for itself, without the need of this reduction in service. Its even more anoying when they claim its an "improved" service! They did not consult me at all about these service cuts. This attitude seems to be pervading our Club in lots of aspects. Franchising out the clubs services (eg. ticketing, catering and now Hibs Tv) is taking away the heart and soul of Hibs. I am so annoyed by it all.

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar

I won't be renewing my subscription, and had anyway given up after I upgraded to iOS5 and found hibs TV's app couldn't cope. Probably won't be long before any fan will be able to send live streaming video from an iPhone, but the original Hibs TV was a good service before business model syndrome f@rked it up.

Hibs TV - the concept was fantastic when it started and although the video quality wasn’t great it was set at level to allow the maximum amount of people view it as not everyone had mega fast broadband at the time. Money was made and good money at that although that was when TM was manager and folk couldn’t get enough of hibs.

One thing I know is original plan was to provide every home game live and they always managed to do a few away games, how many away games have been on in the couple of seasons?. Now we are left with whatever the TV Stations are showing.

Handled the right way Hibs TV could have been a nice little earner for hibs but looks like they have sold out to the website hosts and while they may be able to offer a better infrastructure but the result is less games and the unique feel and passion it had has gone.

The sad thing is hibs are trying to advertise this as an improved service how can it be improved when less games are being shown at a time when the internet is multimedia hungry?. There are better options out there and folk happy to give up free time to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith View Post
    Hibs TV - the concept was fantastic when it started and although the video quality wasn’t great it was set at level to allow the maximum amount of people view it as not everyone had mega fast broadband at the time. Money was made and good money at that although that was when TM was manager and folk couldn’t get enough of hibs.

One thing I know is original plan was to provide every home game live and they always managed to do a few away games, how many away games have been on in the couple of seasons?. Now we are left with whatever the TV Stations are showing.

Handled the right way Hibs TV could have been a nice little earner for hibs but looks like they have sold out to the website hosts and while they may be able to offer a better infrastructure but the result is less games and the unique feel and passion it had has gone.

The sad thing is hibs are trying to advertise this as an improved service how can it be improved when less games are being shown at a time when the internet is multimedia hungry?. There are better options out there and folk happy to give up free time to do it!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith View Post
    It's not a nice little earner currently which is why they have binned their own coverage of live games to give us someone elses stream.
    I received a decent response to my email this morning and ultimately it comes down to the fact there were a lot less than 50 subscribers for live games.

Yes it could be marketed better but there are only so many Hibs fans overseas and outwith 3 or 4 teams there's not going to be a huge difference from other teams fans signing up.....especially when they dont now offer one off games.

I make it back for a lot of games and have a season ticket here (although they arent often Saturday games this season) so I'm not even a regular subscriber and I can see how they'd struggle to make this work without needing the club to subsidise.

Maybe its time for overseas fans to put their heads together and come up with suggestions. Overseas membership, covering hibernian tv, a few tickets per season, discount at Scorpio etc etc

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Anyone know if the game is being shown on Bet365 then? or anywhere else for that matter

a real bugger that they have binned every home game....used to really enjoy them - all it will do is create a bigger disconnect with us overseas fans