hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar

Players Shipped Out

Let's hope that the new January signings make a better contribution than those who've been shipped out.

Sodje aside (and only just) can anyone tell me what Palsson, Agogo, Thornhill and Hart contributed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

personally thought there was a player in palsson and thornhill but they never showed it when it mattered so were rightly booted

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Palsson looked outstanding in his first 2 games and there was rumours of the likes of Leeds being interested. Goodness knows what happened after that.

Thornhill was never fit enough to get a good enough impression of him.

Agogo & Hart. Complete waste of wages. Agogo was an old pals act if ever I've seen one.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's hope that the new January signings make a better contribution than those who've been shipped out.

Sodje aside (and only just) can anyone tell me what Palsson, Agogo, Thornhill and Hart contributed.
    Think you're being a bit unfair to be honest, they all contributed massively to providing thread topics on hibs.net

Agogo grabbed an important equaliser against Dundee Utd.

What would've happened if Hart didn't clear that ball off the line against Dunfermline a couple of weeks ago?

They were pish, but something to think about ;)

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Thornhill was responsible for me bruising my hand, after I punched an advertising board following his miss at Tynecastle.

For that reason alone I'm delighted he's gone.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    The thing is; why were they mutual consented instead of putting them up in the transfer market? It seems weird that we have not tried to get even a wee bit of cash for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofarl View Post
    The thing is; why were they mutual consented instead of putting them up in the transfer market? It seems weird that we have not tried to get even a wee bit of cash for them.
    All of them, with the exception of Thornhill, were out of contract in a few months' time, so it would have been highly unlikely that clubs would have been willing to pay cash for a player that would have been available for nothing at the end of the season.

Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that Fenlon was saying that he was beginning to get rid of the players who he said had the bad attitudes.

Maybe he felt that for us to have the best chance of staying up, these players had to go now.

I presume you are talking about the same guys many were creaming themselves over when they were signed. As in previous seasons, our current team are now all wage thieves and our unseen signings are all an improvement on what we have.

Pallson was a steal. Brian Kerr scored in his first game against them. Alan Obrien was Sproule on a motorbike. Naboussie was showing some steel. Ed De Graff was going to give us the quality we need yadadada........

We are if nothing else the perennial optimists

Delighted Stephens is staying, there's a good player in there and only needs the right partner to bring him along(Hanlon ain't that partner)

Quote Originally Posted by Lofarl View Post
    Hmmm - nice idea, what would say, Michael Hart, be worth??

I think we'd have needed to be careful to avoid clubs trying to charge US for taking Hart off our hands! All of them were either not good enough or didnt have their heart in it. Well rid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    I presume you are talking about the same guys many were creaming themselves over when they were signed. As in previous seasons, our current team are now all wage thieves and our unseen signings are all an improvement on what we have.

Pallson was a steal. Brian Kerr scored in his first game against them. Alan Obrien was Sproule on a motorbike. Naboussie was showing some steel. Ed De Graff was going to give us the quality we need yadadada........

We are if nothing else the perennial optimists

As usual all a matter of opinion