hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ibrox Irony

Ibrox Irony

Could not help laughing at the irony with Rangers fans singing God save the Queen, when you consider HMRC are the biggest contribution to their current plight

As an aside, I went to shop at the Subway prior to the match, which meant walking back amongst the bears to get to away end. Some old boy was handing out newsletters entitled "The Protestant View"....What chance do we have in society, when religious propaganda like this is being handed out......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Did you tell the old boy where to stick his protestant view?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you tell the old boy where to stick his protestant view?
    I did indeed George

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I did indeed George
    You could say you gave him the Hibernian veiw.

Could not help laughing at the irony with Rangers fans singing God save the Queen, when you consider HMRC are the biggest contribution to their current plight

As an aside, I went to shop at the Subway prior to the match, which meant walking back amongst the bears to get to away end. Some old boy was handing out newsletters entitled "The Protestant View"....What chance do we have in society, when religious propaganda like this is being handed out......

Where was this, ive been going to ibrox for many years and have never came across such a publication ?

Quote Originally Posted by blueisthecolour View Post
    Where was this, ive been going to ibrox for many years and have never came across such a publication ?
    Try the away end next time
    This is how it feels

Totally agree, but the irony of it is, to stop or ban it, would only give it more of a voice. Education about the stupidity of it all is the real key to cracking the problem.

Really.....??

There was a piper and drummer playing near clubstore, the guy was about 200 yards down towards Ibrox Subway....

There was also a lovely wee guy selling "King Billy on the wall" scarves and red hand flags.....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    There was also a lovely wee guy selling "King Billy on the wall" scarves and red hand flags.....
    It would only have been two or three doing this, so in effect a minority.

Really.....??

There was a piper and drummer playing near clubstore, the guy was about 200 yards down towards Ibrox Subway....

I'm not saying he wasn't there, just that ive been going for many years and thought I would have came across him by now, where you describe ive seen no1 fanzine rangers historian and follow follow being sold. I might have a look next game.

Testimonial Due

I think you are being a bit generous in assuming they would have the required brain power to put 2 and 2 together on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It would only have been two or three doing this, so in effect a minority.

Obviously. Of course it's not a wide spread problem amongst them. Oh no......

I'm not saying he wasn't there, just that ive been going for many years and thought I would have came across him by now, where you describe ive seen no1 fanzine rangers historian and follow follow being sold. I might have a look next game.
    There was a fanzine seller near the other guy who was giving away religious bile................

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    I think you are being a bit generous in assuming they would have the required brain power to put 2 and 2 together on that front.
    Suppose so AH, knuckle draggers the lot of them

Yeah ive seen him, he is at parkhead when celtic play at home selling boys of the old brigade, god bless the pope bobby sands scarves ect, some will do anything for cash.

Yeah ive seen him, he is at parkhead when celtic play at home selling boys of the old brigade, god bless the pope bobby sands scarves ect, some will do anything for cash.
    He wouldn't be there or at parkhead if he sold none of them.

Two cheeks of the same erse.

Spot on, there is a market for this nonsense.....Bigotry amongst the old firm is still and always will be alive and kicking.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    As long as there are large numbers of bigots following the Old Firm, there is definately cash to be made from such drivel. Good luck to the boy I say.

Spot on, there is a market for this nonsense.....Bigotry amongst the old firm is still and always will be alive and kicking.
    And as usual instead of castigating the guy, he tries to make out its someone making a few bob for himself. These **** will never change, and wont even admit there's a problem.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Well I used to work near Ibrox on matchdays ..... And there is "orange" newsletters diving about, Guy got a firm
    naw every time I happened to pass. Thank god I no longer work in Govan.

This isnt and is personal. I have lived in Edinburgh and currently abroad and have had to mix in both Celtic and Rangers company. Im sick of the see no evil hear no evil Bu(($h!t both set of fans come out with tbh I find the plastics worse but because they think were 'the same' they pretend to play nice. Both sets of supporters are a shower of $___e and contribute no end to a lesser ambition in life. Rangers never had an orange kit saint oneill didnt hear IRA songs club policy is as big a contibution as the fans but what do the SFA do? 0 is the answer. F off the lot of you old firm tramps and the SFA for letting it ****** for too long. The idiocy has long been proved and the rest of the planet is better off with out you. I have met born and bred scots pretend they are Irish and oppressed I have met large and small unionists from towns 200 miles from glasgow sing god save the queen one week while being snp voters the next. Its boring as the argument was lost long ago. Celtics support have no religion or are state school educated rather than catholic and will be at least 80 % born and bred Scottish. Rangers support are two faced transexuals who are no more than DOUBLEADAPTERS depending on the mood.

pope save the Queen you OLD squirm muppets.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    The guy could sell gear at the away end with slogans such as Down with this Sort of thing, Don't bring politics into football or I support my local team.

He'd make a mint.

He would actually because he also does green and white bars scarves maybe appealing to hibs fans and scarves with players names ect, there is obv some who want such scarves at KBOTW or BOTOB and he is giving the option, although myself I don't see why anyone would want one of these at a game.

Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    This isnt and is personal. I have lived in Edinburgh and currently abroad and have had to mix in both Celtic and Rangers company. Im sick of the see no evil hear no evil Bu(($h!t both set of fans come out with tbh I find the plastics worse but because they think were 'the same' they pretend to play nice. Both sets of supporters are a shower of $___e and contribute no end to a lesser ambition in life. Rangers never had an orange kit saint oneill didnt hear IRA songs club policy is as big a contibution as the fans but what do the SFA do? 0 is the answer. F off the lot of you old firm tramps and the SFA for letting it ****** for too long. The idiocy has long been proved and the rest of the planet is better off with out you. I have met born and bred scots pretend they are Irish and oppressed I have met large and small unionists from towns 200 miles from glasgow sing god save the queen one week while being snp voters the next. Its boring as the argument was lost long ago. Celtics support have no religion or are state school educated rather than catholic and will be at least 80 % born and bred Scottish. Rangers support are two faced transexuals who are no more than DOUBLEADAPTERS depending on the mood.

pope save the Queen you OLD squirm muppets.

Hilarious, that is a rant n a half. Some valid points raised though.

He would actually because he also does green and white bars scarves maybe appealing to hibs fans and scarves with players names ect, there is obv some who want such scarves at KBOTW or BOTOB and he is giving the option, although myself I don't see why anyone would want one of these at a game.
    Oh well thats ok then, thanks for clearing that up, he only has a minority of scarfs and flags that offend, and sells them to the minority who sing the sheite your lot and the other lot sing..
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 29-01-2012 at 10:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Would love to ask some of the teenage rangers fans why indeed they are flying a red hand flag and singing rule Britannia.....wonder if they would even know the meaning behind it? Highly doubt it myself!!
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Would love to ask some of the teenage rangers fans why indeed they are flying a red hand flag and singing rule Britannia.....wonder if they would even know the meaning behind it? Highly doubt it myself!!
    Not sure myself TBH!

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Not sure myself TBH!
    race between three brothers to claim the lands of antrim first to lay hand on the ground wins.
    younger brother cut his hand off and threw it on the beach thereby winning.
    macdonald legend\lore.