Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF was the singing about Alex Salmond for .. he's a Friggin Jambo

embarrassing
    What was the song?

Left by mutual consent!
    I would rather support the Huns than the smug as ****, not got a clue nationalists.

Football is football, leave it as that.

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    What was the song?
    There's only one Alex Salmond...

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Surely a jape at the Huns Unionist veiws? Having said that they would probably be too thick to ghet it.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Don't see the biggie here, they loathe him for trying to bring their fans into the 21st century. Winding them up and congratulating him for doing this sounds fine by me.

@hibs.net private member
    I never sung this once, either did any of the chaps I was with? Must have been everyone associate with S43 though

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Don't see the biggie here, they loathe him for trying to bring their fans into the 21st century. Winding them up and congratulating him for doing this sounds fine by me.
    Isn't Govan, an SNP seat?

Great to hear that Section 43 are onside with the good guys

Keep it up lads and hopefully we get a rendition at Easter Road soon

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    I never sung this once, either did any of the chaps I was with? Must have been everyone associate with S43 though
    Did you not know? Good songs are sung by everyone, it's only the unliked songs that Sect 43 sing.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I would rather support the Huns than the smug as ****, not got a clue nationalists.

Football is football, leave it as that.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    There's only one Alex Salmond...
    Oh.. bit too complex for the Huns..

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Isn't Govan, an SNP seat?
    "Them" being Rangers fans, not the locals. Think Govan is more of a Celtc area anyway is it not?

"Them" being Rangers fans, not the locals. Think Govan is more of a Celtc area anyway is it not?
    Ipox is in Govan. That's like saying Gorgie is a Hibs area or Leith is a hertz area.

Celtc are the other side of Glasgow.

If you ever get stopped by a group of lads without a full set of teeth between them in Govan and they ask what team you support, please, for the love of god, don't sat Celtic to try and avoid a kicking.

This is a public health notice provided by Houchy.
    Last edited by Houchy; 28-01-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    mmmm......strange one if true. Not for me. Once a Hearts ******, always a Hearts ******.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    Ipox is in Govan. That's like saying Gorgie is a Hibs area or Leith is a hertz area.
    Fans don't always live where their stadium is, I'm pretty sure Ibrox is in a Celtic area.

Fans don't always live where their stadium is, I'm pretty sure Ibrox is in a Celtic area.
    I was thinking Hibs/Hearts: Leith/Gorgie but them Glesga dafties are a stupid bunch so that may be the case. I'm not going to disagree.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    If they had come to Easter Road and sung "There's only one Margaret Thatcher" we would have been pissed off about yet another example of the Huns bringing politics into a football match, with good reason. A song about Salmond is no different. It's politics - what's it got to do with football?

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Govan is chockablock with Huns.

Govan is defo hunland , any mention of the lesser greens would not be good for your health

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    if you were one of the ones with the banner before the game, then the guys beside you were certainly singing it

Left by mutual consent!
    Glasgow bar refused licence had Provo poster signed by killer

Sunday Mirror, Mar 16, 2003

by DONNA CARTON

KING Rat killer Crip McWilliams signed a poster celebrating the Maze murder which was hung it in a pub shrine to republican terrorism.

The poster, showing a rat caught in a trap, was just one of a number of items in the Tall Cranes Bar, glorifying the IRA and INLA terror campaigns.

But, this week, the sectarian memorabilia convinced licensing bosses to refuse the pub a late licence in the first move of its kind in Glasgow.

The application was thrown out following police complaints about the pub, which was also the scene of a "near riot" after a Celtic/ Rangers football game.

Police told the licensing board that on a routine visit to the Tall Cranes Bar in Craigton Road, Govan, officers found pictures on the walls glorifying Irish republican terrorists.

And days after the discovery, police were called to fighting outside the pub following an Old Firm game.

The offending material included a picture glorifying the murder of LVF chief Billy Wright, who was shot dead by the INLA while in the Maze Prison in 1997.

Police said the picture, of a rat being caught in a trap, was signed by the three terrorists who were later jailed for his murder, including gunman Christopher "Crip" McWilliams.

It was dedicated to the "staff and patrons of the Tall Cranes Bar, Govan".

Other images included one of armed and masked gunmen firing a volley of shots over a coffin, a tribute to the 10 republican hunger strikers who died in the 1980s and paintings commemorating an IRA escape bid from the Maze.

The Tall Cranes was voluntarily closed by its owner Matthew Reilly shortly after the police discovery.

He had been hoping to have his regular late licence renewed at a meeting earlier this week so he could sell the bar.

But the board refused when Superintendent David Martin of Strathclyde Police told its members that it was ironic that while people in Northern Ireland were trying to bring about change, a pub in Glasgow was glorifying the violence they had suffered.

And he warned the Tall Cranes would not be the last pub in the city to be reported if others were found to be encouraging bigotry.

The clampdown came just days before today's Old Firm clash at Hamden Park.

Gordon Macdiarmid, the board's vice chairman, said it was the first time he was aware of sanctions being imposed on a bar which displayed such material.

He added: "The police case was that the display of this material and the incident which followed December's Old Firm match meant the pub was a threat to public order and a source of public nuisance."

A spokesman for anti-sectarian pressure group Nil By Mouth added: "This is a step in the right direction and the board should be commended for its decision.
    "We hope this is a lesson to other establishments."

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Rangers fans live near parkhead and Celtic fans live near ibrox.

They struggle to tell the difference.....

I'm not sure about Govan but the areas surrounding Parkhead are certainly Rangers orientated.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Glasgow bar refused licence had Provo poster signed by killer

Sunday Mirror, Mar 16, 2003

by DONNA CARTON

KING Rat killer Crip McWilliams signed a poster celebrating the Maze murder which was hung it in a pub shrine to republican terrorism.

The poster, showing a rat caught in a trap, was just one of a number of items in the Tall Cranes Bar, glorifying the IRA and INLA terror campaigns.

But, this week, the sectarian memorabilia convinced licensing bosses to refuse the pub a late licence in the first move of its kind in Glasgow.

The application was thrown out following police complaints about the pub, which was also the scene of a "near riot" after a Celtic/ Rangers football game.

Police told the licensing board that on a routine visit to the Tall Cranes Bar in Craigton Road, Govan, officers found pictures on the walls glorifying Irish republican terrorists.

And days after the discovery, police were called to fighting outside the pub following an Old Firm game.

The offending material included a picture glorifying the murder of LVF chief Billy Wright, who was shot dead by the INLA while in the Maze Prison in 1997.

Police said the picture, of a rat being caught in a trap, was signed by the three terrorists who were later jailed for his murder, including gunman Christopher "Crip" McWilliams.

It was dedicated to the "staff and patrons of the Tall Cranes Bar, Govan".

Other images included one of armed and masked gunmen firing a volley of shots over a coffin, a tribute to the 10 republican hunger strikers who died in the 1980s and paintings commemorating an IRA escape bid from the Maze.

The Tall Cranes was voluntarily closed by its owner Matthew Reilly shortly after the police discovery.

He had been hoping to have his regular late licence renewed at a meeting earlier this week so he could sell the bar.

But the board refused when Superintendent David Martin of Strathclyde Police told its members that it was ironic that while people in Northern Ireland were trying to bring about change, a pub in Glasgow was glorifying the violence they had suffered.

And he warned the Tall Cranes would not be the last pub in the city to be reported if others were found to be encouraging bigotry.

The clampdown came just days before today's Old Firm clash at Hamden Park.

Gordon Macdiarmid, the board's vice chairman, said it was the first time he was aware of sanctions being imposed on a bar which displayed such material.

He added: "The police case was that the display of this material and the incident which followed December's Old Firm match meant the pub was a threat to public order and a source of public nuisance."

A spokesman for anti-sectarian pressure group Nil By Mouth added: "This is a step in the right direction and the board should be commended for its decision.
    "We hope this is a lesson to other establishments."
    Could just as easily be describing the OF crowd!

Alex Salmond is a cock, especially in football related discussions as he is also a jambo. However winding up the Huns must be commended at all times. The two wrongs cancel so no bothered. Good effort, it's pretty funny. I hope there was a few Huns in that were able to explain it to their mates.

Political or sporting the man is a complete tool end of i'm disgusted if anyone was singing that mans name. Torries without the bus fare similar to yams!!!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Completely cringeworthy, as are a few other of the things they sing IMO. Then again, i've never liked the notion of an organised 'singing section'.

'SNP, SNP, SNP and One Alex Salmond' were embarassing.
    Last edited by .Sean.; 29-01-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Completely cringeworthy, as are a few other of the things they sing IMO. Then again, i've never liked the notion of an organised 'singing section'.

'SNP, SNP, SNP and One Alex Salmond' were embarassing.
    Right, so every single person that sung that are all apart of the group. Only people in S43 sing and nobody else at all; not a single other Hibs fan. You couldn't be more ignorant and/or narrow minded if you tried!

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post

Celtc are the other side of Glasgow.

If you ever get stopped by a group of lads without a full set of teeth between them in Govan and they ask what team you support, please, for the love of god, don't sat Celtic to try and avoid a kicking.

This is a public health notice provided by Houchy.
    It isn't as simple as that - there are plenty Huns on the East Side; Duke Street, Shettleston and Bridgeton would all be Celtic going by your logic - there are lots of Celtic in Possil, which should be Partick Thistle at best or Rangers at worst perhaps

Also once you meet groups of guys and gangs in Glasgow, other than the hardcore casuals you find that loads of Celtic and Rangers fans are best pals

If a gang stops you in Glasgow they're more likely to care if you're from another gang a mile away, that also have mixed football preferences