hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mark brown or stack?

stack would be my first choice keeper because brown has been poor lately and hasn't done enough to grab the no.1 spot.

I know stack isn't to good either and flaps at almost every cross but he can make a few good saves.

Who would be your first choice keeper and why?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Stack for me is a better shot stopper. Nothing to seperate them in any other department.
    To be honest Keeper isnt the problem.

Coaching Staff
    Stack for me. Just all round a bit stronger and a bit better at organising people.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stack for me. Just all round a bit stronger and a bit better at organising people.
    Agree a bit more of a presence. Brown to me is very average apart from his kicking which is poor. Would actually like to see another keeper but will likely see one coming in the summer.

Left by mutual consent!
    Both are brutal. We need a goalie that inspires confidence. Neither do.

Coaching Staff
    Get shot of both and get in Zaluska or Randolph.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Get shot of both and get in Zaluska or Randolph.

Randolph wouldn't move from Motherwell to us and Zaluska will be away somewhere else. Nice idea though.

Why can't we bring in a Randolph, or that boy who scored 2 again today from Estonia?

First Team Breakthrough seven nowt's Avatar
    They're both ****. They both give the opposition time to regroup and kick it straight to the other team's defence. Brown looks the part, and is more confident at coming to collect the ball, makes the easy saves but isn't their when you need him. His distribution is disappointing as well. Stack is not much better, he's panicky, misjudges easy balls but has over the season, done more memorable things and is quite crazy and thats what you have to be to be a goalkeeper apparently. Since Brown's been between the sticks, we've conceded 11 goals in 4 games. Whether it is a coincidence or not, thats not a good record to have as a goalkeeper.

Sign one up. A keeper you can rely on can always help keep a motivated defence and would stop the whole teams heads going down.

I agree they are both not good enough. I would say Stack should be back in now after Brown blew his chance today.

Stack. Brown is ok as well though, not alot between them. Goalkeeper is one of our strongest positions at the moment.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

And I really don't know what you lot expect in a keeper? Both are solid enough, and Zaluska and Randolph are no better, it's just that they don't play for us...

Not much between them, my only gripe with both of them is their distribution, esp starting play from the back, although this may be down to the worry that our defence is a bit pants and that the ball will come straight back to them, then they have to hoof it up the park. so they just cut out the middle man.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    The keepers are both more than competent at SPL level, not much between them and certainly not a problem area for us.

Ask yourself if you would feel confident playing behind our back 4? Then you probably have the reason why the keepers are underperforming.

First Team Breakthrough seven nowt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post

And I really don't know what you lot expect in a keeper? Both
    Just a keeper that won't flap at corners, that has good distribution, and that wont give the defence time to regroup and doesn't make so many basic errors.

Whichever one doesn't have the gloves at the time is my favourite.

Both keepers are Joe average. Not terrible, not likely to save us tens of points. The problem is both of them are being regularly exposed by a terrible defensive unit.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No goalkeeper could look good behind that defence......................what defence?.......................yeah that's the one!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No goalkeeper could look good behind that defence......................what defence?.......................yeah that's the one!
    They get plenty of practice though!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Stack by a mile. Brown is S****.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Stack for me, when its a 1 on 1 i fancy stack to make a save, seems any shot with purpose goes in at the moment against Brown.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Can't believe people are saying Stack is a crap keeper. At least he has some baws. If only the same could be said about other players on the pitch.

Stacks made some cracking saves this seasons and has covered our blushes more often than not.

First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIN1875
    both good keepers imo. some people on this would fault pepe reina or joe hart if they played for us. between the sticks and up front are our strongest positions! stack has covered our arse more times than he makes mistakes. FACT. being a keeper is the hardest position to play on the park. people are far too critical on hibs players.

First Team Regular weedgiehibbie's Avatar
    Stack for me. A dedcnt enough keeper and Brown is decent enough backup but as folk have stated their not playing behind a good defence right now. Both are better than Brown and Zibi.

Chose Stack as he seems to me to be a slightly more confident, outgoing keeper. Not that i know them personaly lol but i remember a game v killie i think last season at ER where we were 2-1 up with 10 mins to play but down to 10 men with Stack in goals and he seemed to me to be the best keeper to get his hands on the ball and just calm things down at the back with not quite an arrogant swagger but a confidence that spreads outwards. although it aint happened much this season i'll admit

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    stack - he is better on the ball, a better shot stopper and is a character on this pitch that we need.

i cant understand why brown is in goals - when a keeper lets two in against a second division team, then the team at the bottom of the league, then another three in a important match. Why is he not dropped.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    can't see it would make much difference withour defence (if we can still call it that)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    Don't know why people are saying both of them aren't good enough, even Iker Casillas would concede alot of goals with our defence in front of him

Stack all day long and twice on Sundays...

It was more than coincidence that we went on our unbeaten run last season when Stack returned. Talk at the time was that Stack was a better communicator and organiser. If there is something we are crying out for it is better organisation at the back.
    Stack ahead of Brown all day long for me.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    don't care. least of our problems

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Both are good keepers, IMHO, but I'd have Stack ahead of Brown every day of the week.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    Whichever one doesn't have the gloves at the time is my favourite.

Both keepers are Joe average. Not terrible, not likely to save us tens of points. The problem is both of them are being regularly exposed by a terrible defensive unit.
    This is it for me. Both average. Brown for me by a bawhair but as has already been said its the least of our problems.