hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Have we made any progress under Fenlon ?

I don't think so. Today's result is poor and I think we have brought in 2nd rate players in this window so far.

2. Log in to remove the advert

You're going to get it tight...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm not having a go. I am asking an open question.

Are we any better off since he came in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster
    Got it in one Beefster. Just deleted a but if a rant but can't be bothered

First Team Breakthrough hibernianyank's Avatar
    Don't think any manager would get a winning team out of that p!sh that's on the park every week. Can't blame Fenlon blame clueless Calderwood for the mess he left us in

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Hibe View Post

No. Bring back Calderwood. Happy now?

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think so. Today's result is poor and I think we have brought in 2nd rate players in this window so far.
    Have we made any progress? No Is that Fenlons fault? Not so sure.

The number of players he has tried to sign and we have missed out on shows the board once again are not 'backing the manager' to the extent needed.

What more can he do? He suggests players, Rod tries to get them to take a pay cut or a tin of beans and they say 'no thankyou' and we start all over again.

The only thing I will say about him is some of his selections/playing players out of position baffles me.

McPake is a strong centre half who will do a job (you saw it a bit today albeit the sending off), Soares has quality so they are two good signings.

Doyle seems intelligent but he didnt look to sharp today- he is going to need time to adjust I think.

Would you want to swap positions with PF? What a job he has on his hands. He has to turn an ENTIRE club around (Fans, players, staff, mind set, confidence etc) with no help really from the board who have taken the 'stick our heads in the sand' approach to our problems at the moment!

The board thought after the Dunfermline game that was us on the way. How wrong they were.

Listen...
    I am not shouting for him to be sacked, and I really hope he can pull us out the brown stuff
    BUT....
    So far​... Has any noticable progress been made ?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Did you expect us to be after such a short period of time?

The problem is on the park and a Manager (any Manager), can only do so much. Individual errors are costing us dear and that has been the pattern of the season.

Is Fenlon much Better than Calderwood?

He is slightly better, at least we try to pass it about. But has he done anything thats that good?

Calderwoods signings- Osbourne- one of the better players we have
    Sodje- scored goals to start with
    Palsson- started of well
    agogo- crap
    O'connor- Great goalscorer
    Griffiths- one of the better players
    Sproule-crap
    Thornhill- good vision
    Towell- Crap
    O'hanlon- poor but can win a ball and tries hard tackles.

Calderwood sold some good players

Fenlons signings - Doyle- looks good
    Francomb- poor start
    Mcpake- too early to judge
    Soares- Too early
    Griffiths- good player!

What do you think?

Left by mutual consent!
    jose mourinho wouldnae make progress at this club with Petrie running the show.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    Have we made any progress? No Is that Fenlons fault? Not so sure.

The number of players he has tried to sign and we have missed out on shows the board once again are not 'backing the manager' to the extent needed.

What more can he do? He suggests players, Rod tries to get them to take a pay cut or a tin of beans and they say 'no thankyou' and we start all over again.

The only thing I will say about him is some of his selections/playing players out of position baffles me.

McPake is a strong centre half who will do a job (you saw it a bit today albeit the sending off), Soares has quality so they are two good signings.

Doyle seems intelligent but he didnt look to sharp today- he is going to need time to adjust I think.

Would you want to swap positions with PF? What a job he has on his hands. He has to turn an ENTIRE club around (Fans, players, staff, mind set, confidence etc) with no help really from the board who have taken the 'stick our heads in the sand' approach to our problems at the moment!

The board thought after the Dunfermline game that was us on the way. How wrong they were.
    What number is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Fair Comment

Totally agree, as would any right minded and honest fan.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mon the cabbage View Post
    He is slightly better, at least we try to pass it about. But has he done anything thats that good?

Palsson- started of well
    agogo- crap
    Sproule-crap
    Thornhill- good vision
    Towell- Crap

Francomb- poor start

Soares- Too early
    Griffiths- good player!

What do you think?
    Jury is still out on all of Pats signings at the moment, Doyle doesnt look the finished article currently.

Most of the signings CC made are hopeless but its the mindset and approach that he brought in that has caused more problems, as well as the fact he completely distanced himself from the fans even before his summer nonsense about 'will he wont he' leave.

Cant agree about O'Hanlon, he is hopeless- as bad/if not worse as Colin Murdock.

Quote Originally Posted by mon the cabbage View Post

Palsson- started of well
    agogo- crap
    Sproule-crap
    Thornhill- good vision
    Towell- Crap

Francomb- poor start
    Soares- Too early
    Griffiths- good player!

What do you think?
    I think the internet has a lot to answer for.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Ok Dan in your eyes you've identified the problem. Now what is your solution to the problem?

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    What's wrong with asking that question openly on a fans message board? Or have we become so precious that some, previously perfectly acceptable, questions are taboo?

I will answer it. Imo, we have improved, in terms of organisation and workrate, but as many have said on here, the problem is so bad and runs so deep with the team, that a lot more time will need to pass before the progress is more easily visible.

At this stage, PF will be limited to reversing a crap psychological attitude and putting in the groundwork for future improvement, whilst simultaneously trying to help Hibs survive. A huge task for anyone and one that will take a long time.

Results are not going our way, but other things will have to be fixed before that happens and I believe the straightforward answer to your question, "have we made any progress under Fenlon, is yes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    What number is that?

He has tried to sign five players this window and failed, at least two of them due to wages.

Ever wonder why every transfer window we miss out on our main targets and the last week or so we panic buy/get trialists in?

Not rocket science. The club think they can poach players from so called 'lesser clubs' because we are a big club/training facilities/stadia and sight lack of ambition on the players part if they dont come.

He has tried to sign five players this window and failed, at least two of them due to wages.

Ever wonder why every transfer window we miss out on our main targets and the last week or so we panic buy/get trialists in?

Not rocket science. The club think they can poach players from so called 'lesser clubs' because we are a big club/training facilities/stadia and sight lack of ambition on the players part if they dont come.
    Oh, ok... who were they? Genuinely interested.

Why do you have to bring everything back to RP? I get you dont like the guy and want him out but come on! Seems he can be brought into every thread in some way or shape and its getting boring IMO.

Fenlon has made progress yes, all be it limited and not as much as we would have hoped. Playing better, shipped out dead wood etc, this is the early stages of a massive job IMO yes he has.

I think we should have went for a proven SPL manager who has SPL standard players for contacts, player who would want to come and play for them. Pat Fenlon is another experiment with absolutely no experience at this level. He may turn into a great manager, who knows, but we should not have been experimenting with untried managers when we were in so much danger.

That said, I do think we have played better football in spells over the last couple of weeks than CC ever had us playing but this is a results business and in that there has been no improvement. Everything seems to be going against us at the moment. We also need a wee bit luck.

The jury is out on PF for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    What's wrong with asking that question openly on a fans message board? Or have we become so precious that some, previously perfectly acceptable, questions are taboo?

I will answer it. Imo, we have improved, in terms of organisation and workrate, but as many have said on here, the problem is so bad and runs so deep with the team, that a lot more time will need to pass before the progress is more easily visible.

At this stage, PF will be limited to reversing a crap psychological attitude and putting in the groundwork for future improvement, whilst simultaneously trying to help Hibs survive. A huge task for anyone and one that will take a long time.

Results are not going our way, but other things will have to be fixed before that happens and I believe the straightforward answer to your question, "have we made any progress under Fenlon, is yes.
    Excellent summary GG

@hibs.net private member
    Oh, ok... who were they? Genuinely interested.
    Goodwin, Rae (knocked back verbal contract offer) the other three I dont have names but reliable source from within the club. Members of the clubs staff are moaning about lack of ambition/direction from the board and sighting the reasons I mentioned above as to why we are not signing our transfer targets.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    To question Fenlon would be a farce considering the state of the club when he arrives, we have improved (marginally) but i think he is doing what he can given the budget given.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    To question Fenlon would be a farce considering the state of the club when he arrives, we have improved (marginally) but i think he is doing what he can given the budget given.
    Its going to be an interesting couple of days to see what signings we can make/the board will sanction

Goodwin, Rae (knocked back verbal contract offer) the other three I dont have names but reliable source from within the club. Members of the clubs staff are moaning about lack of ambition/direction from the board and sighting the reasons I mentioned above as to why we are not signing our transfer targets.
    Ah, the reliable source.

I don't doubt you, but you will understand people's cynicism about your claims.

I would also suggest that you can hardly use Gavin Rae to support your argument. From what was claimed on other threads, he was always going to Aberdeen, no matter what.

I think the OP asks a fair question.

We work a bit harder and in spells we look more organised but results have pretty much stayed the same.

I don't think we have markedly improved under Fenlon but I didn't expect us to. Not because of him but because of the scale of the problem.

@hibs.net private member
    Ah, the reliable source.

I don't doubt you, but you will understand people's cynicism about your claims.

I would also suggest that you can hardly use Gavin Rae to support your argument. From what was claimed on other threads, he was always going to Aberdeen, no matter what.

I do understand it and its completely fair enough.

Maybe or maybe not, but the fact he wouldnt even come to the table speaks volumes to me.

I'm just stating what my opinion on the whole situation is- I feel for PF as he is in a horrible situation and I dont think he is getting the correct backing for such a situation!